India Auto Expo 2012

Blackwater

Can this EVALIA make Nissan DIWALIA?? What you say guys..

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I went for the auto expo. Quite a lackluster affair this time around.

Indians went mad when Katrina Kaif came. And even the goras went mad when Amitabh came.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I went today....it was packed as shit.

There's going to be a stampede tomorrow and on sunday :scared2:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
I went for the auto expo. Quite a lackluster affair this time around.

Indians went mad when Katrina Kaif came. And even the goras went mad when Amitabh came.
:eek:mg:
now that's limit crossed.

jamwal

Country flag
Pictures from Auto Expo 2012, New Delhi

I hope this is the correct place for posting this. If not, I request the moderators to move it accordingly

Here are some pictures from Auto Expo 2012, New Delhi. Lots of very interesting stuff. Posting some pictures here, click on Gallery for more photos.

Attachments

jamwal

Country flag
It's not like it's a competition on who posts first, is it ? Anyhow, except for a few most of the pictures posted in thread are not from Auto Expo exactly. So posting another souce for the pictures wouldn't be a bad idea, IMHO

hitesh

Where are the bike launch ,give this poor some thing to look at :confused:

Vyom

Seeker
For Expo girls, it's the lure of India

NEW DELHI: For many of the foreign models posing with swanky convertibles and superbikes, the Auto Expo stint goes beyond the 'eye candy' experience. For Dayana Ossulivan, a young model from New Zealand at the Mercedes pavilion, the Expo not only spelt a fat pay cheque but "also an opportunity to visit India".

Tatyana Kravchenko, a Ukranian model and a former teacher, got lucky on her first visit to India. Kravchenko was able to grab a long-term contract with General Motors while on the modelling assignment. "I have done a lot of shows in Europe and Africa. But it has always been my dream to come to India. I love acting and this is a place where one can perform , besides just walk down a ramp."

The 24-year-old feels the visit to India will boost her chances of doing what she likes best - teaching. "I was not satisfied with the education system in Ukraine. But education in India is great. And as my job requires a lot of travel, I can get an opportunity to learn many foreign languages which I may teach later." Olga Toroviyk, another Ukraninan model, is also a freelance photographer.

"I will resume photography once I make enough money," the 22-year-old told TOI. No one's complaining about the money. It is believed that many girls end up making over Rs 40,000 a day. But despite the rosy picture, complaints are galore. "I chose to work at the Expo as it is a reputed event. But people pass inappropriate comments," said a model who wished to remain anonymous.

JAISWAL

Ducati Monster 795 Launched at Delhi Auto Expo 2012 Ducati India launched the most awaited Monster Model, M795 at the Delhi Auto Expo 2012. Ducati Monster 795 is specially developed for Asia this urban entry level Ducati model carry an affordable price tag at Rs 6.99 lakhs (ex-showroom). Ducati Monster 795 was unveiled by Mr. Mirko Bordiga CEO, Ducati Asia Pacific and Ashish Chordia, CEO, Ducati India.

++

++

++

++

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
[h=1]Cooper Corp to launch commercial vehicles[/h]Maharashtra-based engine maker Cooper Corporation today said it will launch light commercial vehicles under its own brand by middle of the next year."Work is underway. We will be rolling out LCVs in the next 18 months," Cooper Corporation Chairman and Managing Director Farrokh Cooper said at the ongoing 11th Auto Expo here.The company plans to roll out a range of vehicles varying between 1-10 ton using its own engine at a very competitive price, he said, adding even hybrid vehicle would be part of the offering going forward.To begin with the LCV either loads carriage or passenger vehicle will be 2 cylinders, 3 ton vehicle from the Satara plant, he said.The company has already made an investment of Rs 300 crore to roll out its LCV.Asked about the distribution strategy, Cooper said it has started to look out for franchise dealership tie-up for selling its LCVs.For genset sales the company already has 50 dealers in the country, he said.Besides, the company also launched four cylinder engine. The engine will be produced both for genset and other fixed speed applications well as variable speed vehicle applications.At present the company manufactures 2,000 units per month used for farm equipment, marines, and automobiles.The company, which recently started export its engine to the US and Africa expects turnover to cross Rs 300 crore.

Zebra

Country flag
Auto Expo 2012: Man Force forays into bus segment; unveils 'Man Airobus'
PTI
| Jan 7, 2012, 09.35PM IST
NEW DELHI: Commercial vehicle maker
Man
Force Trucks on Saturday announced its foray into the bus segment and said the company is eyeing a 50 per cent jump in overall sales at 6,000 units this year.

The company, which today launched 'Man Airobus' at the 11th Auto Expo here, said bookings for the Rs 60 lakh priced-bus have already started and it plans to sell around 250 units by the year-end.

"Entering into the bus segment is an extension of our product portfolio as we try to become a full scale commercial vehicle manufacturer. The bus segment is a growing market in India," Man Force Trucks Managing Director
Sudhir Mehta
told PTI on the sidelines of the Expo.

He said the 'Airobus' is placed in the market between the premium bus and rear-engine bus. The new product is a 45 seater inter-city air-conditioned coach powered by 220hp diesel engine. It is being manufactured at the company's facility at Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh, where it has production capacity to make 24,000 trucks a year.

Asked about its sales target this year, Mehta said, "Last year, we had around 4,000 trucks. This year, we plan to sell around 6,000 units including the bus."

Besides, the company said it has lined up three-four trucks to be launched this year.

Last year, Pune-based
Force Motors
had announced to exit the JV by selling 5.58 lakh shares for 150 million euro (over Rs 1,050 crore) to the Germany-based MAN. "We are still in the process of exiting from the joint venture. The exit will not have any impact on the quality of the existing products," Man Force Trucks Chairman
Abhay Firodia
said.

Force Motors and MAN formed the joint venture company in 2006. At the time of formation of the JV, the Indian firm was the majority partner with 80 per cent stake, which became a 50:50 partnership in 2008.

JAISWAL

Reva – NXR, electric car launched by M&M :tup:

Mahindra & Mahindra, one of the largest car manufacturers in India unveiled Reva – NXR, an electric car that does not only look good but is also ecofriendly and cheap to own and maintain.

Anand Mahindra, the MD of Mahindra & Mahindra, says "We want to change the way people commute. And we want to do it in a way that is responsible, that is clean, that does not tax the planet and that makes the experience of commuting guilt-free and a very joyous one." Reva – NXR was launched in the ongoing Auto expo in New Delhi.

The Reva – NXR will hit the Indian roads later this year and not much has been revealed about Reva – NXR. The Reva – NXR is said to be climate controlled and fully air conditioned. Mr. Anand says that M&M the company is working hard on launching new electric cars.

More features and price of Reva – NXR will be revealed at the time of its launch in Diwali this year. Mr. Pawan Goenka, president- automotive sector, M&M says he doesn't believe that electric cars are commercially not viable, he says l firmly believe that Mahindra is on the threshold of shaping the way we will commute in the 21st century."

Reva – NXR electric car launched by M&M | India dreams big

Reva

H.A.

Reva – NXR, electric car launched by M&M :tup:

Mahindra & Mahindra, one of the largest car manufacturers in India unveiled Reva – NXR, an electric car that does not only look good but is also ecofriendly and cheap to own and maintain.

Anand Mahindra, the MD of Mahindra & Mahindra, says "We want to change the way people commute. And we want to do it in a way that is responsible, that is clean, that does not tax the planet and that makes the experience of commuting guilt-free and a very joyous one." Reva – NXR was launched in the ongoing Auto expo in New Delhi.

The Reva – NXR will hit the Indian roads later this year and not much has been revealed about Reva – NXR. The Reva – NXR is said to be climate controlled and fully air conditioned. Mr. Anand says that M&M the company is working hard on launching new electric cars.

More features and price of Reva – NXR will be revealed at the time of its launch in Diwali this year. Mr. Pawan Goenka, president- automotive sector, M&M says he doesn't believe that electric cars are commercially not viable, he says l firmly believe that Mahindra is on the threshold of shaping the way we will commute in the 21st century."

Reva – NXR electric car launched by M&M | India dreams big

Reva
finally a better looking car from Reva....loved this concept....any clue on the price range?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles