India at Asian Games 2014

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
another gold in women relay 4x400 meter. Well done girls

tramp

Shameful .... these officials are the parasites who live off the blood and tears of our sportspeople and should be eliminated without mercy. Indian sportspeople need to develop some powerful officialicides or bureaucratic repellents to keep the vermin out.
What exactly happened? How Sarita Devi refused her bronze medal

Sarita Devi :hail::hail::thumb:

======

Meanwhile those bozos who have been sent to games as officials continue their "vacation" in korea.

Shameful: Sarita borrows appeal money from journalist as IOA officials sneak out

:frusty::frusty::mad::mad:

Illusive

Country flag

tramp

Yes it was a pressure cooker situation.... but a very absorbing match. In the end India handled pressure better and was rewarded. But I would congratulate both teams for a superb game and fighting hard.

They always choke under pressure in big games against India be it hockey or cricket:laugh:, so an expected result.

nrupatunga

I think though there are still few medals to be won by competing nations before games come to an end tomorrow(4th Oct) but India is not in contention in any of those. So thus effectively finishing the asian games from an indian pov.

So India has won 11 golds, 9 silver, 37 bronze a total of 57 medals this time and finishing 8th(wrt gold medal standing) and 5th(wrt total medal count). :thumb::thumb: but compared to last outing (2010 asian games) where we had 14 gold and totally 65 medal count this is under performance. We certainly hoped for much more (i feel many possible gold medal chances actually turned into bronze) but still nonetheless a good show. Hopefully we will build upon this and in 2016 olympics we will better our medal count from 6(in 2012 olympics we had 2 silver, 4 bronze if am not wrong).

tramp

Is India turning a corner as a sporting nation?
In Asian Games Indians have won medals in a wide variety of disciplines ... no longer a single sport nation.
Its a question of reaching a critical mass in terms of number of quality sportspeople and then on it will become a self-propelling journey. I think we need more leagues in more sports at all levels in the country. So that more sportspeople get openings to exhibit their talent.
Well done India.

I think though there are still few medals to be won by competing nations before games come to an end tomorrow(4th Oct) but India is not in contention in any of those. So thus effectively finishing the asian games from an indian pov.

So India has won 11 golds, 9 silver, 37 bronze a total of 57 medals this time and finishing 8th(wrt gold medal standing) and 5th(wrt total medal count). :thumb::thumb: but compared to last outing (2010 asian games) where we had 14 gold and totally 65 medal count this is under performance. We certainly hoped for much more (i feel many possible gold medal chances actually turned into bronze) but still nonetheless a good show. Hopefully we will build upon this and in 2016 olympics we will better our medal count from 6(in 2012 olympics we had 2 silver, 4 bronze if am not wrong).

nrupatunga

Is India turning a corner as a sporting nation?
In Asian Games Indians have won medals in a wide variety of disciplines ... no longer a single sport nation.
Yes, if we look we are doing reasonably well in shooting, wrestling, badminton, weightlifting, boxing disciplines primarily atleast at commonwealth standards with medals here and there from other sports as well. When it comes to asian games standards, it comes down but still the cream do manage medals. Since china, South korea do participate in asian games, the quality of asian game standards in many sports is same as the olympic standards as well. So even if we reach nearby to chinese standards we can get much more medals at olympics as well.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles