India and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)

Should India get permanant membership in the SCO?

• Yes, India should join SCO as full member

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • No, India's observer status is enough

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Not now, but maybe in the future

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Koji is right. NATO forces indeed protect Chinese interests in Afghanistan, and that's because indirectly they're protecting their own interests. These Chinese companies source their raw materials from Afghanistan under the peace ensured by NATO, and then sell their produce or finished products to companies in North America and Europe. For example:

Mine/source iron ore from unspecifiedistan for dirt cheap > Process in China > Sell processed metal as raw material to 'international' companies for 'cheap' > profit (SCO) and profit (NATO (buying processed metal for cheap))

AkhandBharat

I think the real problem here is explotation of the Afghani people by stealing their resources. You say, oh, well China pays them for it... but the question is pays who? The Karzai government is corrupt from top to bottom, pay a little bribe here and get permission. Then China goes into the provinces to extract but then who you have to pay... The Taliban protection money. So in the end, the Afghani people get a road to nowhere and no funds. Explotation at its finest is something China excels at.
Indeed! They have been doing this in Africa too! And they dont even have to spend anything for exploitation. Icing on the cake!

Vladimir79

Professional
When China does it, it's called exploitation. When India does it (in Africa too and in some shady regimes in SE Asia) it's called good strategic business.

Hypocrisy I say.
Whose the one selling illegal weapons to Sudan, Congo, Zimbabwe and every other rouge UN sanctioned regime in the world? It ain't India.

Hypocrisy I say.

Koji

Whose the one selling illegal weapons to Sudan, Congo, Zimbabwe and every other rouge UN sanctioned regime in the world? It ain't India.

Hypocrisy I say.
Is China selling arms to Afghanistan? That was my point. They're doing straight business there.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
The Chinese provide jobs, and without which those people would be unemployed.
Yeah, menial jobs (mining, transport) in exchange for far more precious natural resources. Now that's 'exploitation'.

It is the country of Afghanistan, and its resources that are being exploited, and not necessarily its people.

Koji

Yeah, menial jobs (mining, transport) in exchange for far more precious natural resources. Now that's 'exploitation'.

It is the country of Afghanistan, and its resources that are being exploited, and not necessarily its people.
Something is better than nothing. Plus someone had to take the intiative...it's not like the Afghans would mine. Again, you guys are stuck in a zero sum mind set. Just b/c the Chinese are benfiting, doesn't mean that the Afghan people are not. They are given jobs and paid wages.

China is not exploiting Afghanistan since it was Afghanistan who sold the rights to these mines! And if you're talking in metaphysical terms, then you can blame the Americans and NATO for promoting this.

Koji

I'm done arguing. What your opinions are don't matter because the Chinese are already there mining, and supported by American and NATO troops. There is nothing you can do about so we're done!

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Something is better than nothing. Plus someone had to take the intiative.
And India has already taken the initiative, which is better than yours: build schools, educate people, build roads, restore native industry, and local entrepreneurship. When our plan succeeds, the Afghans won't be selling their metal ores for peanuts. That exactly is what NATO and SCO are pissed off about.

Pintu

[mod] Please stay on topic and do not get personal to any one [/mod]

AkhandBharat

I'm done arguing. What your opinions are don't matter because the Chinese are already there mining, and supported by American and NATO troops. There is nothing you can do about so we're done!
Ofcourse you are done arguing. You have no counter to my accusations against the chinese and are beating around the bush by first trying to convince me that China is not exploiting, then saying that both India and China are exploiting, and when I pointed out that India is giving Aid while China is getting mining rights, you said that both governments are benefitting even though its still robbing if fair price is not paid.

Ofcourse I cannot do anything about China mining copper ore, just like you cannot take Arunachal pradesh and give it to China. What the hell does that mean? This is a debate. Act like it.

badguy2000

Respected Member
1.CHinese "buy" the copper ore with hard cash....
Afhgannitan government can earn billions of dollar in the coming decade from the project.
thousands of local people also are hired by the projects and more are benifit from the project indirectly.

2. CHinese have no other options but to pay the revenue to Afghianistan government, however corrupted the government is .
after all, it is not Chinese duty to "work out " a good government for Afghinistan.

3.it is hypercritical to bash chinese,when Chinese hire so many Afghanistan and enormous revenue to Afghnistan ,[mod] do not start comparison here [/mod]

Vladimir79

Professional
Getting not buying, get your fact straight.
I am 100% sure Taliban is using American and Russian weapons, so go by your logic, US and Russia are both selling weapons to Taliban.
Instead of not reading the article, why don't you actually do it? Taliban aren't getting "fresh" weapons from Russia and Amerikan weapons are stolen. If ISI isn't giving them armour piercing calibre and MANPADs, then we know who are.

redragon

Country flag
Facts are not enough here, data and facts could be fake or Commies' properganda. [mod] No need to get personal , I have written it here previously [/mod]

redragon

Country flag
Instead of not reading the article, why don't you actually do it? Taliban aren't getting "fresh" weapons from Russia and Amerikan weapons are stolen. If ISI isn't giving them armour piercing calibre and MANPADs, then we know who are.
ISI is not China, there is not a single country in the world dare to say China is selling or giving weapon to Taliban, why all of them are so afraid of a doomed to be splited commie country? Care to explain?

Vladimir79

Professional
ISI is not China, there is not a single country in the world dare to say China is selling or giving weapon to Taliban, why all of them are so afraid of a doomed to be splited commie country? Care to explain?
Because that country is the source of the world's heroin problem. Jane's Intelligence Review says China is selling weapons to the Taliban and many other condemned causes. Your nation is so desperate to sell arms, you have to ship them to third world despots and outright terrorists.

Indian Security & Intelligence: China : supplier of arms to banned groups

redragon

Country flag
Because that country is the source of the world's heroin problem. Jane's Intelligence Review says China is selling weapons to the Taliban and many other condemned causes. Your nation is so desperate to sell arms, you have to ship them to third world despots and outright terrorists.

Indian Security & Intelligence: China : supplier of arms to banned groups
Is Jane a country? what authority it has, what credit it has over some many countries? not a single government saying China providing weapon to Taliban, and you are here to spread the lies, hatred and BS, are these so called qualities of "Pro"? give me a break

Country flag
Is Jane a country? what authority it has, what credit it has over some many countries? not a single government saying China providing weapon to Taliban, and you are here to spread the lies, hatred and BS, are these so called qualities of "Pro"? give me a break
Here is an article from US army that China is arming not only Taliban but also Iraqi insurgents, this is a well known fact for many years but since you don't get all the news you would not know.

Funtoo by Daniel Robbins: China arming Taliban and Iraqi insurgents?

redragon

Country flag
Here is an article from US army that China is arming not only Taliban but also Iraqi insurgents, this is a well known fact for many years but since you don't get all the news you would not know.

Funtoo by Daniel Robbins: China arming Taliban and Iraqi insurgents?
Hey, can't you guys understand my post? I am asking which government in the world said officially that China is providing weapon to Taliban? if that is truth what they are afraid of saying it? And I know there was an official supporter of Taliban: USA, without USA, Taliban and Al-qadae can never be what they are today. Why I should give credit to some so called "experts" over the government of their own country? especially those democratic country like great America and Russia????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles