In the Grip of Dynasty Raj

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

3. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I'm not surprised. And why image doesn't mention Gujarat here ?? Oh wait, Gujjus have already thrown out Congis since....I don't remember, bahot time ho gaya. Looks like every revolution starts with Gujarat, be it Gandhi or be it Jinnah or be it Sardar Patel. I hope India will follow Gujjus again in 2014. Congress is real Communal and we Gujjus understood it already....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Maneka and Varun Gandhi from UP.

Singh likes this.
  5. Decklander

Decklander New Member

In 1947 we had just 541 kings and they also filled in the place of goondaas. In their time the police and services were responsive. Now we have over 10k kings and over 1000k goondaas supported by them. Every public servant is a goonda and every MLC/MLA/MP is his mentor. This is democracy in play for us all in India. In those days kings delivered justice instantly now we have to fight for it for 3-4 generations in our courts which are nothing but dalal houses. This is what we have got as part of being Independent. There was no reservation but only merit and no mention of castes and secularism, now we have gone mad debating these insignificant things as being the ultimate for our survival. A king cud just chop off the hands of a corrupt servant but now we have to seek GOI approval to even question a public servant. Jai ho bahrat mata ki, 100 main say 99 beimaan, mera bharat mahaan.
    At times I do feel that parts of muslim way of delivering justice must be applied to India. Infact even Manu Smriti speaks of far harsher punishment than what Islam does. Like for stealing chopping hand is common but do you for adultary, Manu smriti says that a person must be burned on a hot plate as the punishment.

TrueSpirit likes this.
  6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Ok.

Flights of Fantasy. There was more reservation prior to 1947, as part of the social setup that the Brits more than happily allowed to flourish as long as they could loot India's mineral wealth. The only ones complaining about reservation today seems to be the caste Hindus, who are lamenting those golden days when they had 100% reservation in the professions of their choice.

I despise this chopping of hands and similar medieval practises of the Wahhabi nutjobs running the justice system in retarded societies like Saudi Arabia, and no wonder, you seem to espouse similar thoughts.

Indeed, fundamentalists are always fundamentalists. Don't feel hurt next time Digvijay Singh or Rahul Gandhi mentions Hindu Fundamentalism. Hindu Fundamentalism is real, and your post proves that.

Manu Smriti is incompatible with the 21st century.

I think you could write a book to inspire the Syrian insurgents then. They sure would appreciate that. Make sure you add "cutting out a person's heart from his corpse and eating it," in your treatise.

The Messiah likes this.
  7. TrueSpirit

TrueSpirit Senior Member Senior Member

Sir, any proposals...?

Just harsh punishments alone might not be enough because being a corrupt to the core nation, innocents are often at receiving end of the law while the culprits mostly go scot-free, get elected to parliament & rule as ministers...no part of this system really works.

Like every concerned citizen, I have some ideas of my own to stem the rot, but practical application of the same requires extensive deliberation & is a huge mental exercise. Would share my thoughts on this some time later.

Please let us know your recommendations to address these structural issues....

8. TrueSpirit

Eye-opening, pan-India depiction of contemporary reality...thanks for sharing.

9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Actually there is no harm in a son/ daughter following the parent's profession.

What is not acceptable is the unfair advantage they accrue over the grassroot political worker.

To imagine a total and imagination deprived man would take up the mantle of the Nehru Gandhi over competent dynastic chaps like Sachin Pilot or Scindia is what leave one in wonderment.

Much that some here would bristle, the son of Badal deserves his place since he is sharper than his father and his wife is even better.

But Uddhav Thackeray is insipid to be a replacement of his father, while the nephew is a firebrand who has learnt the manipulations of the trade!

Akhilesh has lived up to his father's original profession a wrestler with no brains!

And it goes on!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  10. TrueSpirit

@pmaitra: How do you think the system could be bettered ? Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Why are you baiting pmaitra/

12. pmaitra

Hand me the reigns of power, and I'll show the way.

13. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We need a triumvirate, i am nominating myself :yey:, pick one more person

14. pmaitra

@civfanatic - and we'll call ourselves The Troika.

:troll:

The Messiah likes this.
  15. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

It's interesting to note that Indians have had a long tradition of following in the professional footsteps of their parents. Even as the caste system is notionally being abolished (while in reality, it is actually being strengthened due to emphasis on caste differences), Indian society seems to be forming a new, unofficial caste system in which the caste members engaged in those specific professions have obvious advantages over others in terms of insider knowledge, connections, family relations etc.

It begs the question: Did the formation of the original caste system on religious lines precede the assignment of the various professions to those castes or vice versa? @civfanatic @LurkerBaba @pmaitra @The Messiah

And if it was the latter, then are we merely exchanging one caste system for another?

16. pmaitra

I think when you take into account family businesses, then yes, contacts, and 'brand-name,' does play a role, and it is relatively easy for a man to make inroads by taking over his ancestral business. On the other hand, there are professions that require skills that cannot be obtained as part of 'insider knowledge,' such as technical skills. For example, a civil engineer who specializes in designing bridges will not be able to impart that skill to his children, and his children will have to go to a univerisyt and get a degree to be in that same position.

The answer to your question is yes and no, and I do not believe we are replacing a legacy caste system with another one.

17. Known_Unknown

Even a civil engineer's son may benefit from his father's expertise in the profession. He may or may not be able to get admission into a civil engineering stream at Uni, but his father could suggest alternatives, such as architecture or construction industry focused project management or Business Administration degrees. Many of the civil engineers I know have joined their parents' building construction businesses. Even if the parents don't have a business of their own, they have industry contacts which would really come in handy to get that first job right after graduation!

18. pmaitra

Son joining dad's building construction business and son actually designing a bridge spanning a gorge where his father also designed a bridge earlier, are different things.

19. The Messiah

Most people generally follow in there parents foothsteps. Since in India you can only get a good start through contacts or if one is A+ student which most are not. Although professionals still have to get across the line and have basic requirements which in itself requires a fair bit of slogging while even an academically weak student is in luck if his dad has a successful running business. Until a generation ago half the people in my family were lawyers and the other half doctors but now its more diversified.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Known_Unknown likes this.
  20. Known_Unknown

I guess you're the first revolutionary in your family! :scared2: :cool2:

21. The Messiah

Apparantly im not. :cool2: