IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Thanks India will achieve what it aims for......Definitely....
Fine.
Just be aware of one problem : There is a black hole near India.... Time doesn't spent at same speed there....

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Fine.
Just be aware of one problem : There is a black hole near India.... Time doesn't spent at same speed there....
Thanks for the warning .... But not to worry we are in Good hands Now.... Modi Rules and our DM Mr Manohar Parrikar is even Better....

How is your BRITEXIT shaping out to be????

Note: We are both going off topic here :biggrin2::bounce::rofl: lets get back to the topic .....

IndianHawk

Country flag
Thanks for the warning .... But not to worry we are in Good hands Now.... Modi Rules and our DM Mr Manohar Parrikar is even Better....

How is your BRITEXIT shaping out to be????

Note: We are both going off topic here :biggrin2::bounce::rofl: lets get back to the topic .....
He is French Bhai. Don't go by his flag:)

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It's possible.
The fact is that the indian AIP program status is not really known.
"""""""MUMBAI: Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba today said India is indigenously building AIP-enabled submarines.

"We are making our own AIP (air independent propulsion) indigenous system with DRDO. At present, project definition is going on. Prototypes based plant is being constructed and once it is ready, it will be fitted in the Kalvari-class submarines," Admiral Lanba said during his first media interaction after taking over as Navy Chief. """"

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-admiral-sunil-lanba/articleshow/53489624.cms

If it's like the Tejas story, you will have to wait a while.
Today the Tejas is in service with IAF. Now what you are meaning by waiting a little longer is someting i can not understand?

In case, you are pointing towards ongoing developments wrt MK-1A and MK-2 then i should remind you few facts the Rafale went from F1 to F3, Eurofighter Trance 1-2-3, Gripen A,B,C,D,E, F-16 Block 30/40/52/70, F-18 to F/A-18 SH and why miss Mirage which started at 2000H to 2000-5 to 2000-9.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Today the Tejas is in service with IAF. Now what you are meaning by waiting a little longer is someting i can not understand?
I was just saying that between the LCA program lauch date and the entry in (limited) service, india spent two to three more times than the others. So I expect it will not be the case for your AIP.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
In case, you are pointing towards ongoing developments wrt MK-1A and MK-2 then i should remind you few facts the Rafale went from F1 to F3, Eurofighter Trance 1-2-3, Gripen A,B,C,D,E, F-16 Block 30/40/52/70, F-18 to F/A-18 SH and why miss Mirage which started at 2000H to 2000-5 to 2000-9.
No.
I was just speaking about the actual Tejas (as Mirage 2000 H).
And some other members, on this forum and others, say Mk2 will never exists (but Mk1A yes).

Pulkit

Country flag
I was just saying that between the LCA program lauch date and the entry in (limited) service, india spent two to three more times than the others. So I expect it will not be the case for your AIP.
No Sir thats not true actually.
Lets take a Country which has already manufactured a Fighter aircraft.
USA: USA had a huge aeronautical structure and experience when it started the project of F-35 way back in 1996 and it took about 20 years to develop it...
Where as India which had no aeronautical structure and Experience took a decade more than that say 30 years.... though there are various factors like funds and sanctions but lets still believe it took us 30 years.
So I will say its not that easy to say that India took 2-3 times the time....
In 1980's also India was having a vision of making an aircraft 2020 worthy .... Given all the composite material and technology that went into Tejas,,,,,

The only complaint I would have is we were not able to succeed in terms of Kaveri which was again started because of the sanctions.....

But Now i think we might get our very own engine by the time Tejas Mk1 A (HAL) enters production say 2021....

Pulkit

Country flag
No.
And some other members, on this forum and others, say Mk2 will never exists (but Mk1A yes).
@Rahul Singh

Tejas MK1A is already in progress Item where as Tekas Mk2 is on drawing board .
IAf is not eager to get Tejas Mk2 and has put it in back burner.

But I believe that they will come back to ADA DRDO for Tejas Mk2 The current government will definately like to have a better aircraft made in India.....

Though as of now AMCA and Tejas MK2 are two seperate entities but you never know if they would merge the two projects and make a much potent weapon.........

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Bonjour cher ami.
C'est un plaisir de vous écrire. :)
You know bon plan people will treat you a lot differently here if they knew you were French that british flag in DP makes people jumpy and we certainly don't like those arrogant righteous Brits lecturing us about anything though I can understand the message in DP I think its a Rafael firing on a Brit??? Or something to that effect?

Anyways thanks for your input

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You know bon plan people will treat you a lot differently here if they knew you were French that british flag in DP makes people jumpy and we certainly don't like those arrogant righteous Brits lecturing us about anything though I can understand the message in DP I think its a Rafael firing on a Brit??? Or something to that effect?

Anyways thanks for your input
Hi Bro,
I don't know what's wrong with my flag. Maybe a problem of fire wall or network....

But, for all the others, have you seen a british people with a Rafale as avatar ?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
No Sir thats not true actually.
Lets take a Country which has already manufactured a Fighter aircraft.
USA: USA had a huge aeronautical structure and experience when it started the project of F-35 way back in 1996 and it took about 20 years to develop it...
Where as India which had no aeronautical structure and Experience took a decade more than that say 30 years.... though there are various factors like funds and sanctions but lets still believe it took us 30 years.
So I will say its not that easy to say that India took 2-3 times the time....
In 1980's also India was having a vision of making an aircraft 2020 worthy .... Given all the composite material and technology that went into Tejas,,,,,

The only complaint I would have is we were not able to succeed in terms of Kaveri which was again started because of the sanctions.....

But Now i think we might get our very own engine by the time Tejas Mk1 A (HAL) enters production say 2021....
It's not false.
But F35 is a very amitious plane (too for me), specially because one of the three model is very different from the others (VSTOL F35B).
Tejas has nothing so special (it's just the truth. No offense). And as it is THE iconical Indian aerial program, We expected the efforts to be faster and more visible.
Kaveri was more risky. Specially because it's a variable flow engine, a very high edge tech. It was too ambitious for a first attempt. But I'm sure all is not lost.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Hi Bro,
I don't know what's wrong with my flag. Maybe a problem of fire wall or network....

But, for all the others, have you seen a british people with a Rafale as avatar ?
british praising a french invention or any non english invention that has less chances than that of pigs flying they are very fickle hearted in general and the whole anglo media including the US UK australia and canada and NZ tries to undermine non english inventions or topics there i hardly any detailed discussion or coverage of non english weapon systems in english media for example i was really looking at various canadian blogs and forums for their views on rafale since they too are looking for jets the comments by both canadians and americans left really bad taste in my mouth they were all mocking the indians with typical superiority complex you know poor , toilet , aid blah blah and for french does it have a surrender button, incompetent , not as good as american tech , and they both dont know what they are doing they were all far too pedantic in my opinion i'll post some links and images if possible just didnt wanted to ruin the topic.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
It's not false.
But F35 is a very amitious plane (too for me), specially because one of the three model is very different from the others (VSTOL F35B).
Tejas has nothing so special (it's just the truth. No offense). And as it is THE iconical Indian aerial program, We expected the efforts to be faster and more visible.
Kaveri was more risky. Specially because it's a variable flow engine, a very high edge tech. It was too ambitious for a first attempt. But I'm sure all is not lost.
the only reason tejas was stalled and took so long apart from lack of infrastrucutre was because the primary customer was never really interested in buying that if fighter jets are pinnacle of aviation world then destroyers and ACs are of naval world you only have to see and its pragmatic approach towards indigenous programmes to see how IAF has at every block stalled and blocked the tejas now with a firm and pragmatic DM who has put his behind on AVM butt that they are ready to accept it i agree it is not ground breaking but it has evolved far from just a mig -21 replacement because believe it or not after spending billions on jet purchase it still will be the first indian jet with an AESA fire control radar.

OnePunchMan

Country flag
an indigenous AESA radar ? or a Israeli's one?
it will be israeli modules with indian backend so kinda like JV it will be based on el/m 2052 but with much more T/R modules or better packing the backend developed for this will be finally integrated with UTTAM AESA for different platforms right now we do lack the tech to make high quality T/R module and more with compact packing but we pretty much set on processor / algorithms and back end.

Pulkit

Country flag
It's not false.
As I said F35 was not the first aircraft they built they had already manufactured F22 which is still treated even better than F35 ....
Tejas though being basic was the very first attempt....

When we talk about F35 we must not forget decades of experience and industrial setup available....

Tejas today is inducted production is slow but steady.....

Kaveri was a risky affair but necessary in the path of being independent....

Rahul Singh

Country flag
No.
Actual Tejas, the MK-1 as an IOC version is already in service with IAF. The ongoing developments that you might be referring towards are just weaponisation-- gun, BVRAAM etc. Flight performance envelope is already expanded close to the maximum i.e +8 gs and -3.5g. In fact, if you look at the global standards the Tejas in its pre-FOC state is much more developed than its counterparts from rest of the world. I don't know how many fighter jets entered service with LGBs + LDP in its kitty from day-1?

When first Mirage-2000 entered service with IAF it did not even has the required engine --M53-5 instead of M53-P20.

In the absence of clarity people chose to speak what they like to speak. Ask me and i would say i don't know for sure. But if you ask me, if there is a possibility? I would say, yes. Reasons are simple. MK-2 is a design with greater capability just like Mirage- 5 was to Mirage-3. And the naval MK-2 design is what Mirage-2000-9 is to Mirage-3. The difference is huge so are the advantages. Come the time with clarity the obvious will become visible.

Astonishingly IAF is looking at some 200 fighters in class of SAAB JAS-39E and F-16 Block 70 for replacing bulk of its fleet of Mig-21 and Mig-23/27s and specification of NLCA MK-2 is very much similar to these said fighters. So it's up to IAF to decide if they gonna reject a fighter with similar capability and buy fighters from abroad in the name of saving couple of years or they gonna invest in future of aviation in the country for its own good in particular and country in general? Ask me i would say i don't know yet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles