In overture to China, Japan PM may skip visit to war dead shrine

bose

Country flag
Well, it could be , but only if Mongolia and Japan are strong enough. Otherwise that just a joke.
Same can be said of China too, is Chine strong enough ??? I have my doubt seeing the economic indicators...

CCTV

Same can be said of China too, is Chine strong enough ??? I have my doubt seeing the economic indicators...
Well, China is showing its power to the world right ?

Btw, what indicator you are talking about? Industry?

bose

Country flag
Well, China is showing its power to the world right ?
It is China who is provoking...

China is getting surrounded from all sides... USA, JAPAN & Vietnam in SCS.... India from West... I will leave the smaller one's...first you need to save your A$$...

Who are your friends ??? oh!! Pakistan & North Korea ??? One is a terrorist state while other is the famine striken...

Btw, what indicator you are talking about? Industry?
Economic indicators shows that China is slowing down faster than one thought of it...

Last edited:

CCTV

China is getting surrounded from all sides... USA, JAPAN & Vietnam in SCS.... India from West... I will leave the smaller one's...first you need to save your A$$...

Who are your friends ??? oh!! Pakistan & North Korea ??? One is a terrorist state while other is the famine striken...

Economic indicators shows that China is slowing down faster than one thought of it...
1. All those countries combine can not win China in Asia .

2.how slow? Any comparison?

J20!

Country flag
"The best fighter is never angry."
"• Lao Tzu

And a shrine to Japanese war dead is not a shrine to Japanese war criminals.
I think your case is more of ignorance than a deliberate attempt to offend Ewald.

Perhaps you should look up who are amongst those honoured by that shrine which so offends both the Korean and Chinese govts and their people at large, before calling the Chinese drama queens. Instead of denouncing the war criminals responsible for tragedies like Nanking, they are being honoured and being paid respect as part of Japan's WW2 dead.

It's more than distasteful to honour people who at 1 time were killing civilians for sport just as the Nazi's were, whether they are honoured collectively with the Japanese who fought for their homeland or not.

PS. The Koreans are also openly offended by Japanese politicians visiting that shrine, what political gain is to be won by that?

bose

Country flag
1. All those countries combine can not win China in Asia .
History says something else... I do not want to bring in Japan here... that will be hurting you... Do not mess with smaller country... for chnage try with someone haif your size..

Now do not claim Korean war as victory as most of Chinese claim it was a stalemate...

2.how slow? Any comparison?

Please google you will get the answer... very simple...

CCTV

History says something else... I do not want to bring in Japan here... that will be hurting you... Do not mess with smaller country... for chnage try with someone haif your size..

Now do not claim Korean war as victory as most of Chinese claim it was a stalemate...

Please google you will get the answer... very simple...
1. In history Russia and China were part of Mongolia, how about Mongolia now? You like history so much, but today is much more important.
2. PRC fighted with US , USSR and UN. I do not want to bring in India here ...that will be hurting you...
3.well, you can just tell us your answer for that.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
1. In history Russia and China were part of Mongolia, how about Mongolia now?
What happend to Mongolia has happened to USSR couple of decades back... and same for China in comming years...

2. PRC fighted with US , USSR and UN. Do not want to bring in India here ...that will be hurting you...
Do not bring USA here, they saved you from Japanese... else majority of Hans would have been half Japanese by now... The same USA could have nuked you in Korean war... what you are is because of USA ... be greatfull to them...

USSR gave you the military hardware when you needed and you back stabbed them...

3.well, you can just tell us your answer for that.
Its is off topic.. so google yourself... oh!! Google has been banned in China if I am not wrong... so you may use the one suggested by CCP... they will return the result you want to hear...

CCTV

What happend to Mongolia has happened to USSR couple of decades back... and same for China in comming years...

Do not bring USA here, they saved you from Japanese... else majority of Hans would have been half Japanese by now... The same USA could have nuked you in Korean war... what you are is because of USA ... be greatfull to them...

USSR gave you the military hardware when you needed and you back stabbed them...

Its is off topic.. so google yourself... oh!! Google has been banned in China if I am not wrong... so you may use the one suggested by CCP... they will return the result you want to hear...

1. Coming years? 5 ,10,20 year?

2. US save China from Japan ? 2 dates for you to google: Sino-Japan war(1937-1945) , US supported steel, oil and other materials to Japan until 1941 when Japan designed not to attack USSR.

3. If US could use nuclear but they didn't , they must be either angel or stupid.

4. Well , it is nothing of google, just tell me which major county did better than China?

bose

Country flag

2. US save China from Japan ? 2 dates for you to google: Sino-Japan war(1937-1945) , US supported steel, oil and other materials to Japan until 1941 when Japan designed not to attack USSR.

3. If US could use nuclear but they didn't , they must be either angel or stupid.

4. Well , it is nothing of google, just tell me which major county did better than China?
Out of arguments!! and trolling big time...

I will be back with response...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Imagine if a German military memorial had private crypts for Hermann Goering, Wilhelm Keitel, Otto Ohlendorf, Jost, Naumann, Blobel, Blum, Sandberger, et. al., and Angela Merkel visited that memorial hall on Germany's equivalent of Veterans' Day to pay homage and 'pray for peace' - then asked France, Poland, or Russia for 'understanding'.
@W.G.Ewald
You continue to drag your red herring through this thread. Yasukuni Shrine is not to dedicated war criminals.

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Since war criminals were inside the shrine, the shrine is not normal shrine anymore.
That is your personal opinion. Have you been to Yasukuni Shrine? Do you know what it means to Japanese people?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I think your case is more of ignorance than a deliberate attempt to offend Ewald.

Perhaps you should look up who are amongst those honoured by that shrine which so offends both the Korean and Chinese govts and their people at large, before calling the Chinese drama queens. Instead of denouncing the war criminals responsible for tragedies like Nanking, they are being honoured and being paid respect as part of Japan's WW2 dead.

It's more than distasteful to honour people who at 1 time were killing civilians for sport just as the Nazi's were, whether they are honoured collectively with the Japanese who fought for their homeland or not.

PS. The Koreans are also openly offended by Japanese politicians visiting that shrine, what political gain is to be won by that?
Some unjustified assumptions and historical distortions may be appearing in this thread.

About Yasukuni Shrine│Yasukuni Shrine
The origin of Yasukuni Shrine is Shokonsha established at Kudan in Tokyo in the second year of the Meiji era (1869) by the will of the Emperor Meiji. In 1879, it was renamed Yasukuni Shrine.

When the Emperor Meiji visited Tokyo Shokonsha for the first time on January 27 in 1874, he composed a poem; "I assure those of you who fought and died for your country that your names will live forever at this shrine in Musashino". As can be seen in this poem, Yasukuni Shrine was established to commemorate and honor the achievement of those who dedicated their precious lives for their country. The name "Yasukuni," given by the Emperor Meiji represents wishes for preserving peace of the nation.
It is also a fact that many Japanese war criminals were hanged or imprisoned.

cw2005

The Japanese refuse to admit that they were wrong to start the war. They will, given a chance, fight for those islands taken by American during the war in the Pacific ocean and taking revenge for the Atomic bombs dropped by the American on their soil. Take note of this. No country in the history could be forever strong. Japan will pay back whatever American did to them when America becomes weak one day and that is being showing sign of. Japan's current activity is to show to its citizens that America fails to protected their so called interest and therefore need to build up its own military might.

bose

Country flag
Stupid question typically Chineese, are you not seeing in Turkestan and TIBET ?? Ask CCP for some freedom to speak you will see the result soonner....

China capitulated in front of Japan and got slaughtered like sheep... Do not play with dates... those wars were all one sided until USA came and saved you from Japan...

It depends upon the way you look at it... USA saved you the second time...

All except China...

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder which nation in the world admits that they wrongly started or joined in war!

In so far as US being aligned to Japan, the geostrategic equation has changed ever since WWII.

Both share a common strategic compass.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Yasukuni Shrine was created by Emperor Meiji to commemorate the individuals who had died in service of the Empire of Japan during the Meiji Restoration.

The Yasukuni Honden shrine only lists the names of those who died in service of the Empire of Japan as it was created by Emperor Meiji specifically for this purpose.

The Yasukuni Chinreisha shrine was created by the priesthood to commemorate those who fought in opposition to the Empire and everyone else who had died in war; it includes the Japanese soldiers of the Tokugawa Shogunate and Republic of Ezo as well as those representing foreign militaries such as the British, US, Chinese, Korean and South East Asian forces.

The Honden shrine commemorates anyone who died on behalf of the Empire. Therefore it is not restricted to soldiers and also includes the names of relief workers, factory workers, citizens and those not of Japanese ethnicity such as Taiwanese and Koreans who served Japan. There are also commemorative statues to animals who perished in war and for the mothers who raised their children alone as a result of war.

The sole criterion is that there is no prejudice when being enshrined; everyone is considered equal regardless of social status, living deeds or other factors.[3] The only requirement for being enshrined is to have died in service of the Empire of Japan

Honouring the Dead in service of the Emperor.

The enshrinement is permanent and irreversible. According to Shinto beliefs, by enshrining kami, Yasukuni Shrine provides a permanent residence for the spirits of those who have fought on behalf of the Emperor. Yasukuni has all enshrined kami occupying the same single seat. The shrine is dedicated to give peace and rest to all those enshrined there. It was the only place to which the Emperor of Japan bowed.

(From my records)

ice berg

Some unjustified assumptions and historical distortions may be appearing in this thread.

About Yasukuni Shrine│Yasukuni Shrine
At the centre of the shrine's controversy is the fact that those venerated include 14 convicted Class A war criminals, including Prime Minister General Hideki Tojo, who was executed for war crimes in 1948.

Within the shrine, the souls of the dead are worshipped rather than just remembered.

According to Japan's national Shinto religion, humans are transformed into kami or deities when they die, and as such, are worshipped by their descendants.

Surrounded by war banners and military regalia, the Yasukuni kami are venerated by hundreds of thousands of visitors at the shrine each year.

Compared with most Shinto shrines, which were founded hundreds of years ago, the dedication of the Yasukuni shrine was a relatively recent affair.

Analysts say that because the main wars it commemorates are those with China and the US, it appears to the political left to symbolise foreign invasions.
It is also a fact that many Japanese war criminals were hanged or imprisoned.
You mean like Emperor Hirohito? You could have fooled me. :p

Global Defence

New threads

Articles