In-depth Rapes in Pakistan

Blackwater

Preserving honour through a woman's body
By Maliha Zia Lari - Advocate High Court

The criminality of rape is a contentious matter in Pakistan. Already entrenched in social stigma, the offence is so closely correlated with cultural and political conditioning, that it is difficult to treat the issue as merely a legal one.

In actuality, the crime, it's investigation and it's prosecution all reflect a deeper cultural dynamic that ultimately results in how rape is addressed in Pakistan.

In a patriarchal culture such as Pakistan's, women are viewed to be subordinate to men. They are not recognised as individuals but through their relationships, those of a mother, daughter, sister, wife. Rather, seen as a 'commodity' being transferred from one man's home (her father's) to another (her husband's), a woman must therefore be protected to maintain her best possible form until lead-time.

This prevalent mindset stems from local traditions, values and practices across the country that perpetuate pigeon-holed roles for women as mere reproducers.

The concept of ownership and with it the 'preservation' of a woman is the crest of why men exert control over restrictions of space, mobility, and behaviour among other liberties.

This control is designed to ensure that a woman does not bring shame to her family. While she is contrastingly viewed as 'fragile', the weight of upholding her family's honour starts the day a girl is born.

With such limited social standing, women often suffer the lack of financial benefits of their work, inevitably rendered as the 'family's' money. In some cases, women are not allowed to work, in many others, they are unable to due to illiteracy, resulting in permanent economic handicap.

Consequently, women are unable to leave abusive relationships where they are consistently exploited without an avenue of long-term state support.

The core reason behind the rising incidence of rape in Pakistan lies within the confines of sexual objectification – violating a woman's body for the ultimate dishonour.

This is evidenced by the punishments meted out by the illegal parallel systems such as jirgas and panchayats, that order the rape or stripping of womenwhen men in their family have committed an offence. Such systems are particularly dominant in southern Punjab, where the majority of rape cases are reported.

Furthermore, the 'giving' of women for retribution is a custom seen mostly in tribal areas where child marriages, forced marriages and honour killings are still widespread.

Almost inherently then, the society equips itself with tools of misogyny to overpower it's women. Until societal norms, and subsequently attitudes do not change, Pakistani women will continue living lives bereft of human dignit

Blackwater

[video=vimeo;90101854]http://vimeo.com/90101854[/video]

rusellviper89

Seriously dude dont you have better things to do than search for all sorts of negative news in Internet. This forum will soon become daf.pk if the trend continues .

Reactions: Neo

Blackwater

Seriously dude dont you have better things to do than search for all sorts of negative news in Internet. This forum will soon become daf.pk if the trend continues .
i want to show our beloved member who thanked you in ur post that rape situation is grim in pakistan.

he was of the opinion that poor and rapes only happened in India

Blackwater

@Neo apne thanks to kar diya tapsara nahi kiya??:p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

i want to show our beloved member who thanked you in ur post that rape situation is grim in pakistan.

he was of the opinion that poor and rapes only happened in India
Now you stop lying there! I have never stated that rapes only happen in India!

Be a man and admit that your obsession with Pakistan and the DFI management's leniency is the real reason for you to collect and post news articles from media with absolutely no importance or value. You love to troll!

I am well aware of the grim situation in Pakistan as well as the rest of South Asia but unlike you I don't measure success by other mans failure. It's pathetic to point fingers at others when yourself have thousands of areas where you lack development.

Blackwater

Now you stop lying there! I have never stated that rapes only happen in India!

Be a man and admit that your obsession with Pakistan and the DFI management's leniency is the real reason for you to collect and post news articles from media with absolutely no importance or value. You love to troll!

I am well aware of the grim situation in Pakistan as well as the rest of South Asia but unlike you I don't measure success by other mans failure. It's pathetic to point fingers at others when yourself have thousands of areas where you lack development.

hum apka tarjia sun na chate ha is mauju pe.

i need to know ur point of view being a pakistani, how do u feel and think on this news article

Last edited:

Neo

hum apka tarjia sun na chate ha is mauju pe.

i need to know ur point of view being a pakistani, how do u feel and think on this news article
I have already explained by opinion about Hudood and Blasphemy law in a post that you even thanked.
I am a secularist and therefor against Shariah or any other religious passe partout to interpret law in some religious light.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have already explained by opinion about Hudood and Blasphemy law in a post that you even thanked.
I am a secularist and therefor against Shariah or any other religious passe partout to interpret law in some religious light.
you are more liberal than i thought

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Educated well settled PAKISTANI'S in UK............ just imagine what those wadera/illetirate mofo do innocent poor girls in pak :tsk:

London: Nine members of a gang — eight Pakistanis and one Afghan — have been sentenced to jail for a combined 77 years by a British court for the sexual abuse and rape of up to 50 white girls, a media report said.

Pakistani gang in Britain jailed for raping 50 girls | Firstpost
UK Pakistanis raped, pimped white girls
Many of them look like Arabs

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Again, it is Islam that seems to be problem here.

Neo

Educated well settled PAKISTANI'S in UK............ just imagine what those wadera/illetirate mofo do innocent poor girls in pak :tsk:
I think they will not be much different than Indian rapists of Nirbhaya or many gori girls in Goa, Mumbai and other places.
Tourists are very popular among rapists in India right?

Blackwater

I think they will not be much different than Indian rapists of Nirbhaya or many gori girls in Goa, Mumbai and other places.
Tourists are very popular among rapists in India right?
if goris dont go to pakistan ,sada ki kasoor ha, if tourist dont go to pakistan sada ki kasooor ha

Neo

Neo

U mofo i know how MUZZIES BEHAVE go cry some where........... mofo i know ur INBREEDING/ 9YR AISHA/DEAD AUNT/CAPTURED WOMEN/ even DAUGHET IN LAW thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu UR CULT LEADER DONT PLAY MUZZIE GAMES

10000000 of articles there in europe how ur muzzie doing in PEDOPHILEGANGS /jails........Mafias STFU:laugh:
I am not your father so don't call me MOFO. That is his job.

sam80

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles