In a horrifying incident, Kerala Congress activists kill dogs, hang them on poles

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by OrangeFlorian, Sep 28, 2016.

1. OrangeFlorian

OrangeFlorian #GoldAndBlack Senior Member

In an extremely inhumane incident, party members of the youth wing of KeralaCongress (M) party carried out a protest march against the stray dog menace in the state by killing and hanging dogs by their legs on a pole on Monday. The protesters said that they had killed the dogs to mark their protest against incidents of dog bites across the state. The activists left the dead dogs outside the post office that faces offices of the municipal body. After their march, they left the dead dogs in a pile outside the post office facing the offices of the municipal body. “We have killed these dogs. And it’s a warning that this will continue if the central and the state government do not control the stray dog menace,” Saji Manjakadambil, who was heading the protest told NDTV.

The protest appeared to be an open challenge to Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who had earlier through his Facebook page, said that there won’t be any illegal killing of stray dogs permitted in Kerala. But a police case was yet to be registered against those who had said they had killed the dogs. An increasing number of incidents of attacks on people by stray dogs have fanned outrage among large sections of the population in Kerala, fanning it into a political issue. After a 65-year-old woman died in Thiruvananthapuram last month, the government said it will cull violent dogs, rejecting opposition by Union Minister Maneka Gandhi and animal lovers.

[​IMG]

Chief Minister Vijayan also called an emergency meeting of all department heads to address the public fears over the attacks.

3. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I love dogs.

Said that, when someone is infected with rabies, it is indeed very horrifying.

See video and you have to sign in because it is disturbing.

4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

If liberals don't have with killing cows, they must not be having any problem for this shit.

P.S. We are not talking about any rabid dog here, rabid dog itself dies within very short lifespan and many don't have any problem killing them. But non rabid dogs should not be hurt. I fully support cattle and street dogs free cities but don't support any killing, be it in the name of food or sacrifice.

5. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

I agree that the stray dog population must be controlled, but the question is why should the liberal reaction be any different from death of Shaktimaan. Why have animal lovers gone silent? It is not like all the dogs which were randomly picked up and butchered carried some sort of disease.

thunder and Bornubus like this.
  6. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

I don't know about liberals but can tell you that public anger against dogs is because many children have been mauled, disfigured and some killed because of these dogs. In some cases even full grown women have been killed. (search google for cases.)

Dogs (all dogs breeds included) are a sub-species of the grey wolf which is a predator spread all over Euarasia and N.America etc.
    And from personal experience the feral nature of stray dogs comes alive in the night time. Many times when I walk home alone from the movie theatre after night show; when I move through smaller roads in residential areas, dog packs of up to 10, will start following me menacingly with barks and grunts and sudden movements towards. This happens only when walking alone. This is their territorial behaviour being manifest at night time. Of course running will worsen the situation, as it triggers the "chase" reflex embedded in dogs.
    And this btw is in chennai, a relatively large city.

So bleeding hearts peta warriors and other hypocrite groups can cry all they want. But any day dead dogs are better than dead kids.

7. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    were these congress workers once CPI cadre (as CPI 'contributes' to the congress 'work'force in the form of partyworker-migration)?! smacks of the CPI practice of killing & using dead dogs as a symbol (in its case, murdering its opponents & 'celebrating' the anniversary of it).

nevertheless, given the history, Kerala is neither God's own country, & still less (does have) a dog's own territory.

8. Razor

Yeah right, kids dying or having their faces mauled out when they go to play in the field, is mallus lying.

And yes eradicating ALL stray dogs is the aim of Kerala people. :facepalm:

What do you suggest: just let it happen? Why don't you send your kids to stray dogs infested areas, for a few weeks and see what happens. Oh right you sit in your cozy little seat behind the pc, discussing politics.

:lol:

Read some local news before commenting on stuff you don't know.

As i said before you can act all concerned for the dogs and post expletives and "mad" smileys, doesn't change situation on the ground. There is a stray dog problem and it needs to be addressed asap by the gov. or people will start getting pissed off and take action like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
    ashdoc likes this.
  9. Razor

Yeah, your city has more stray dogs than all Kerala. Don't BS pal.

And I know hypocrites like you pretending to care about dogs for your political agendas while simply avoiding the problems created by these stray dogs, because for you dogs >> kids right?

Why don't you petition the gov to make your city adopt the stray dogs from kerala, since you love them so much. This will solve the problem. Because obviosuly Keralites hate dogs**, and you people (wherever you're from ) love them so much. Do it and then talk.

And btw the dogs are dead and more will die if there is inaction from govts side. Adopt them soon. Or be prepared to cry your fake crocodile tears for your dead dead dogs.

PS: Your nonsense 2 grader type comment about 300 humans. Yes, that is why murderers are sent to prison/executed. And no humans are not dogs and so can not be compared. And yes, as suspected you are behind your cozy chair detached from reality because you think dogs = humans. :lol:

** After all they go through all the trouble of creating fake news to kill ALL dogs. It's a national pasttime in Kerala, killing dogs.

ashdoc likes this.
  10. Razor

Can you identify which dog(s) killed the kid(s)??

This doesn't happen in broad daylight when a lot of people are around. It happens when less people are around or when kids are involved. Because by nature feral dogs are afraid of large men, or large groups.

And dogs do not have a personality, only trained dogs have personality/attachment. It is not like they understand laws; so it is not like you punish the "bad guys" and get it over with, it is in their nature. Hence we train dogs. Try to understand this. Because this is reality not like your fake tears.

Stray dogs are feral (do you understand what that means)

PS: Do you think only rabid dogs bite (see underlined in your quote), feral stray dogs can also bite. Stand on the ground and talk.

---------------------------------

No I won't sign it.

Create a petition for adopting the stray dogs of Kerala, which you love so much, I will sign that whole heartedly.
    Do it Mr. Big talk bleeding heart.

Again if the concerned authorities don't do anything more will be killed and more of your fake tears will be spent. So be quick about the adopting.

11. Razor

Going for lunch now. Will come back later more discussion, if required.

12. Razor

Yeah right spin your own stories to match your political agendas.
    And post your fake burning smiley or mad smiley or whatever.

Meanwhile since you love the dogs and since they are such harmless "sadhus" why don't you petition your gov. to adopt all the stray dogs from Kerala.
    What happened, this is the fourth time I'm asking you.
    You don't want to do it? Why are you completely ignoring this suggestion? Using expeltives to turn away attention won't help.

Talking from the sky is easy right, come on the ground and talk, Mr. Fake tears. Adopt the dogs.

Of course when there is an issue politicians will take advantage of it. Do they not take advantage of muslim vote, dalits?

PS: I need to go for lunch now. So later. :bye:

13. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

There is no scarcity of stray dogs at my location, but I haven't heard about a single dog bite in past 10 years. In cities like Delhi people deliberately feed and raise packs in their residential areas and these dogs provide free security against unknown faces during night time.

My relative told story of a Dog pack stalking and surrounding him in Kochi quite recently. One of my friends faced same scary situation in Chennai two months ago.

I have got a feeling that relation between stray dogs and Humans changes from one place to another. May be the stray dogs aren't treated kindly because they are considered "filthy animals" by certain communities (Muslims and Christians).

Irrespective of the reason behind these attacks, Human life is more important than a Dog's life, but killing random stray dogs and hanging them by a pole is disgusting.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad and thunder like this.
  14. Bharat Ek Khoj

Bharat Ek Khoj Senior Member Senior Member

I've such a bad experience from dogs, that I almost hate them. The problem here is showing off the killed dogs on street that catches media & worldwide attention.

And why are you people bringing personal attack into this.

15. Razor

Many do that here too. For eg. My neighbour in front, is a rich business man and he used to regularly feed the dogs in our area.
    More on this below.

Well, your relative isn't joking.

You may be right, the disposition of the dogs in your region may be different from the ones in the south.
    But I suspect that the reason you mentioned is accurate. Because when humans are assertive, generally all animals including (tigers and lions) back off, they don't generally become more aggressive. This is how humans clear forests etc. Exceptions include rhinos, hippos and some snakes etc.
    Stray dogs (untrained) are not assertive unless they sense fear or lonliness. So if you are alone and esp. if you are of small stature (like kids and women) their agressiveness increases.
    So I'm not entirely sure if it is because muslims and xtians don't allegedly treat dogs kindly. But who knows may be it is.
    First hand experience: The neighbour uncle in front of us used to feed the dogs. He is a business-man, and suspiciously has lots of free time.
    Anyway these very dogs will turn agressive at night-time. Not kidding. Eventually all the colony members told him to stop doing it and we took efforts to prevent people from dumping waste in street corners (it attracts dogs.)
    Maybe the dogs in your area is sterilized? Sterilized dogs are much less agressive I hear.

Yes, agreed. Infact I'm also against the killing of stray dogs***, because it will not solve the problem. Why?
    Because when you kill dogs, you are freeing up territory and in a short span of time, the area will be taken by other dogs from different areas unless additional measures (eg: cleaning garbage etc) are taken.
    (Kill all the cockroaches in your house and in a month or two, new cockroaches from different areas will come and take over the space created. Try it, if you want. This is a natural thing.)
    The proper solution is sterilization and other measures. But since the govt. isn't doing the job, these sort of things/events are happening.
    For the people they want to live without fear in their own neighborhood, so they support. For the politician "votes" or whatever. So this happens.

*** But can't stand fake tear hypocrite guys like @thunder who act all concerned for the dogs, but no problem about neighborhood safety. And when I ask him to adopt the "sadhu" stray dogs to his own city, he chickens away. Not so concerned after all.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  16. Razor

Don't know for sure.

But recently some biharis broke into a house in our colony in Chennai, the stray dogs didn't seem to mind.
    So I doubt they are effective guard-dogs, unless trained.

PS: The police caught the biharis in a few days, they (robbers) were amateurs. :lol:

Ghanteshwar likes this.
  17. Razor

:lol: so what r-t-rd?

You want cows and dogs and pigs on city streets to make you feel happy.
    You saw a video YT and blah... What kind of silly chidish arguments do you come up with for hating Keralites.

And if you want to see cows, come to my ancestral home in kerala (village). We have a roofed cow shed that is bigger than your house with 4 cows in it. We also had two elephants. Sold one and gave the other one to temple.

Just as I expected you are a person with no real life, just keyboard warrior.

Yes, this is not arabia or america. It is KERALA. Understand that you f-ckt-rd.
    Want to guess which state speaks the most of its mother tongue. Kerala >96% speak malayalam.
    So again not your arabiia or amerika but Kerala.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  18. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Stray dogs represent the area they live in. If people are chill, they are chill. If people are nasty, they are nasty.

If food is scarce (i.e. less no of people feeding them), then they get into fights with each other making them more deadly. We have always had more than enough stray dogs in our area since forever, but almost every house feeds them and so there are few fights among them. I have only seen them barking at random strangers (and specifically at rag pickers and other similar guys, who probably chase them).

But if dogs are attacking humans, they need to be taken care of.

19. Razor

I not so sure about the emboldened part, because there was a time I could go to the theatre (yes, theatre is a major concern for me) only on bike and I don't like that because (1. parking charge, 2. helmet, 3. theatre is just 1.5 km from home, good walk)

But after our neighbor stopped feeding the dogs and we actively clear the streets, the dogs are less aggressive and there are less number of dogs than before.
    Could it be that lesser numbers have caused them to be less aggressive?? These are pack animals after all.
    Now there are only about 4-5 in the area, previously (before colony committee decisions) well over a dozen.
    How are the numbers in your area? Are they sterilized?

20. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

There is another thing, if the local households feed dogs then they don't make a pack. A formation of big dog pack itself reflects food scarcity and danger. Dogs come together to hunt i.e. go back to primal instinct i.e. form packs and hunt.

Dogs in my area are never sterilized. Almost all bitches give 4-5 pups every 2-3 years and 1-2 survive out of them. Their areas are marked by roughly 100-150m and although the dogs mingle but you hardly see more than 2-3 together. This is roughly the pattern almost all around the area. Although have seen one or two alpha dogs, but they usually stay alone and fight other dogs rather than people. They even play with small kids.

DingDong and Razor like this.
  21. Bahamut

Bahamut Senior Member Senior Member

Well stray digs are a problem (sanitation) but killing and hanging them by pole is not acceptable