In 1990, China had 465 megatons of thermonuclear weapons

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
K-4 is just unsubstantiated claims.

How close did it hit? No hard data.
When it says that near Zero CEP that does it it make any difference whether it hit at 5 m distance or 10 meter distance on 20 m distance when it carries 2+ ton payload?

Martian

Respected Member
If i can provide you a source of Agni V hitting target within 2 digit accuracy at 5000 Km + range than is it OK?

As i stated the last test of K 4 was at 700 KM and one carried out on 7th March was at full range. So do not repeatedly argue that K4 travels just 420 miles. It was a short range test. Are all JL 2 tested at their Full range?

We have a practice of testing of our missile at different range with different trajectory with different payload. And this is the only correct method of testing the missile and in war scenario, you do not know for what range the missile is required to be fired.
No. The JL-2 tests were not at full range, but they were at about 2,000 miles or more.

Let's do the math.

K-4 flies 420 miles.

Let's says JL-2 flies 2,500 miles.

You would have to multiply the K-4 distance by six.

This means the K-4 CEP error should be multiplied by at least six (assuming a linear relationship between distance and CEP) or raised by an exponent of six (assuming a non-linear relationship between distance and CEP).

In conclusion, until an Indian SLBM flies the same distance as a Chinese JL-2 SLBM, it is pointless to compare the CEP. Flying 420 miles is not the same as flying 2,500 miles.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
2. Low speed. A Chinese SLBM (the equivalent of an ICBM) moves at Mach 23.
An Indian SLBM (the equivalent of an MRBM) moves at only Mach 10.
Surya missile has a speculated Speed of Mach24.
And K-5 is it's SLBM variant. :hmm:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@rockey 71 bro, what's your task here.
Do you even understand the meaning of that Science which you have liked? :biggrin2:
I would love to know about some Bangladeshi missiles.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
No. The JL-2 tests were not at full range, but they were at about 2,000 miles or more.

Let's do the math.

K-4 flies 420 miles.

Let's says JL-2 flies 2,500 miles.

You would have to multiply the K-4 distance by six.

This means the K-4 CEP error should be multiplied by at least six (assuming a linear relationship between distance and CEP) or raised by an exponent of six (assuming a non-linear relationship between distance and CEP).

In conclusion, until an Indian SLBM flies the same distance as a Chinese JL-2 SLBM, it is pointless to compare the CEP. Flying 420 miles is not the same as flying 2,500 miles.
Previous test was for 3500 Km range with same accuracy.

Martian

Respected Member
Previous test was for 3500 Km range with same accuracy.
An empty claim without a reputable citation or a hard figure for the CEP.

A vague claim with nothing to back it up is not worth discussing.

You should refrain from making unsubstantiated claims. Only you believe it.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
An empty claim without a reputable citation or a hard figure for the CEP.

A vague claim with nothing to back it up is not worth discussing.

You should refrain from making unsubstantiated claims. Only you believe it.
Ohhhh I quote from articles still it is fake and if you say that China had 465 MT H bombs way back in 1990s , we should believe it.

Most of international papers and study cites chinese N Bomb number to 230 against 100 of india and 110 of pakistan in 2014 or 2015. If i assume that china had 80 or 90 bombs in 1990 than as per your figure each chinese bomb was of 5 MT i.e 465 MT/90.

This is hilarious. You guys have no limit of wishful thinking.

rockey 71

My task here is to discuss. And are you yourself tasked as a paid poster? We like to keep ourselves abreast with developments in Chinese defense eqpt. China is our only trusted source. So far they have given us whatever we sought - without attaching conditions or asking questions.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
Ohhhh I quote from articles still it is fake and if you say that China had 465 MT H bombs way back in 1990s , we should believe it.

Most of international papers and study cites chinese N Bomb number to 230 against 100 of india and 110 of pakistan in 2014 or 2015. If i assume that china had 80 or 90 bombs in 1990 than as per your figure each chinese bomb was of 5 MT i.e 465 MT/90.

This is hilarious. You guys have no limit of wishful thinking.
The citation of 465 megatons for China in 1990 came from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (which is very well known and respected in the United States).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My task here is to discuss. And are you yourself tasked as a pad poster? We like to keep ourselves abreast with developments in Chinese defense eqpt. China is our only trusted source. So far they have given us whatever we sought - without attaching conditions or asking questions.
As your wish. :p I use desi mal only.
BTW, you are ought to tell about your own country while arguing with Indians.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The citation of 465 megatons for China in 1990 came from the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (which is very well known and respected in the United States).
So as let me take the latest figures of chinese nuclear weapons today which is 230 (As per western source). So chinese bomb should have an average yield of 2 MT.

Ohhhhh My go . Even US and Russia will envy.

Martian

Respected Member
So as let me take the latest figures of chinese nuclear weapons today which is 230 (As per western source). So chinese bomb should have an average yield of 2 MT.

Ohhhhh My go . Even US and Russia will envy.
The current Pentagon estimate and all Western estimates come with a disclaimer. They say China's nuclear program is the world's most opaque. The current western estimates are very low and unreasonable numbers. I'll get around to my thread of an itemized count of China's ICBMs and SLBMs.

China's current megatonnage for ICBMs and SLBMs is somewhere around 782 megatons. It does not include China's MRBM, SRBM, and air-dropped thermonuclear warheads from Q-5s or H-6K bombers.

Overall, a reasonable estimate of China's thermonuclear total is about 1,000 or so megatons.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The current Pentagon estimate and all Western estimates come with a disclaimer. They say China's nuclear program is the world's most opaque. The current western estimates are very low and unreasonable numbers. I'll get around to my thread of an itemized count of China's ICBMs and SLBMs.

China's current megatonnage for ICBMs and SLBMs is somewhere around 782 megatons. It does not include China's MRBM, SRBM, and air-dropped thermonuclear warheads from Q-5s or H-6K bombers.

Overall, a reasonable estimate of China's thermonuclear total is about 1,000 or so megatons.
provide the reference.

Or else I can provide you the numbers of international reference of china having 230 to 250 N Bombs.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Look , recently pakistan said that India has the materiel to make 2000 bombs. I can site that. However, we have to go by most authentic source in today's scenario. It is wester which states the N Bomb numbers of various N countries as

US & Russia 4000 to 5000
UK 450
France 280 to 300
China 230
Pakistan 110
India 100
Israel 85
N Korea 5 to 10.

Martian

Respected Member
It's easy to prove China has a huge number of thermonuclear warheads.

Count the number of nuclear bases.

Count each base for the number of brigades for each type of ICBM.

Itemize for DF-31A ICBM, DF-5B ICBM, DF-41 ICBM, and JL-2 SLBMs.

I just don't feel like spending an hour to move in all of the relevant posts to prove the total number of Chinese ICBM/SLBM thermonuclear warheads.
----------

If you want to believe that Chinese thermonuclear total warheads have remained unchanged for 30 years. That is your choice. It does not reflect reality.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
It's easy to prove China has a huge number of thermonuclear warheads.

Count the number of nuclear bases.

Count each base for the number of brigades for each type of ICBM.

Itemize for DF-31A ICBM, DF-5B ICBM, DF-41 ICBM, and JL-2 SLBMs.

I just don't feel like spending an hour to move in all of the relevant posts to prove the total number of Chinese ICBM/SLBM thermonuclear warheads.
----------

If you want to believe that Chinese thermonuclear total warheads have remained unchanged for 30 years. That is your choice. It does not reflect reality.
Ok So I accept your Flawed logic and i ignore the citation of authenticated sources of west and reputed international organizations.

I think now that should make you happy. Right?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles