Imran Khan Pulled Off Plane by US Immigration Officials

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Pakistani cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan (centre) said he was detained by US immigration officials Friday on a flight to New York via Canada, where he was questioned over his outspoken views on American drone strikes in his home country.

Pakistani cricketer turned politician Imran Khan was stopped by US immigration officials and questioned about his views on American drone strikes in his country, party officials said Saturday.

Khan, leader of the Pakistan Movement for Justice party (PTI), has campaigned vociferously for an end to the controversial US campaign of missile strikes against suspected Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants in Pakistan's tribal areas.

He argues they are illegal and counterproductive and earlier this month he led thousands of supporters -- and a group of American peace activists -- on a march to the edge of the restive tribal districts to protest against drones.

Khan, who was headed to New York, said he was stopped by US officials in Toronto on Friday.

"I was taken off from plane and interrogated by US Immigration in Canada on my views on drones. My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop," he wrote on Twitter.

Khan, led a a two-day protest march earlier this month against US drone strike with some 15,000 of his supporters and dozens of Western peace activists to Tank, the last town before the semi-autonomous tribal belt.
It was an unprecedented gesture from a mainstream politician in one of the most dangerous parts of the country, a semi-autonomous zone that is a hotbed of activity by Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants.

Authorities did not allow the protesters to enter the tribal district of South Waziristan -- where missiles fired by US drones routinely target militants -- for security reasons and blocked the road to Tank with shipping containers.

Khan said the delay meant he missed his flight and a party fundraising lunch in New York, but insisted "nothing will change my stance".

"My stand on drones is very clear. I did not say sorry to them," Khan told GEO news channel.

Ali Zaidi, a senior party leader demanded "a prompt and thorough inquiry into this sordid episode" and sought "an unconditional apology from the US government".

Imran Khan pulled off plane by US immigration officials - PAKISTAN - USA - FRANCE 24

bose

Country flag
It was un necessary to pull out a person from a plane just because he has a different political view, if there is someting different which is not reported here... this will make Imram more popular at home.

uvbar

i hate that man he is just controversy maker more like raul gandhi bianca gandi and ther posse

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Any confirmation that the incident in fact occurred?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
lol
whatever

bt this man is gonna either stop or shot down the innocent killer aka drones

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
lol someone should watch this

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It was just to tell Imran Khan that the US does not play cricket and so he is a non entity. ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It was less to do with him questioning drone strikes and more with his relations to Taliban and the likes of Hafiz Saeed with whom he shares a platform.

Sunder singh

It was less to do with him questioning drone strikes and more with his relations to Taliban and the likes of Hafiz Saeed with whom he shares a platform.
if you see paki are most Hippocratic Society only less to chinese they are using this instance for publicity of imran khan like showing peole of pak look he is also hated by america so he is best pakistani leader.
these paki if hate america so much then no pakistani should go their but irony most of pakistani just hate america then in dream they alway want to go america why so much hippocray in these people same is for chinese

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
This Pakistani should have been detained and sent to jail. His party member Sheikh Rashid has openly praised Mulla Omar in the presence of IK during their Rawalpindi rally.

But then we don't know what Americans are doing in the so called end game I mean negotiating with Taliban after getting number of US soldier killed by them.

average american

This Pakistani should have been detained and sent to jail. His party member Sheikh Rashid has openly praised Mulla Omar in the presence of IK during their Rawalpindi rally.

But then we don't know what Americans are doing in the so called end game I mean negotiating with Taliban after getting number of US soldier killed by them.
You cant usually kill off a religion like the Taliban, even if its in your own country, much less another country. There going to be there no matter what the USA does. The USA would like to get some agreement that the Taliban would become part of the poltical process and support terrorism or train terrorist in return for the USA ceasing the drone strikes. Mainly the USA just wants to get out.

devil510

"The USA would like to get some agreement that the Taliban would become part of the poltical process and support terrorism or train terrorist in return for the USA ceasing the drone strikes. Mainly the USA just wants to get out."

what???????

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles