Immigrants to UK will be told it is a `Christian country`

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The UK was always a Christian nation, to be more precise a protestant Christian nation, with the Sovereign acting as the political head of the Church of England. There is not much new here.
And this new assertion or remainder is not a big problem as long as it does not infringe on other peoples rights. With the Islamic numbers increasing vastly, this protective move from the UK, is just to remind certain people as to where the English culture derives from.

Let them rise. Both deserve each other like a perfect couple- Islamists and Neo-Nazis. Just because we are eunuchs incapable of dealing with the Islamists in our country does not mean, they should be impotent too.
But the Neo-Nazi movement, that's a different thing. It exploits weaknesses in jobless people and funnels hatred into them, saying that the cause of all their misfortune, is the person that does not look like you. It affects the average Joe more than it affects the Radical Islamist.

Actually, people working hard wont be the ones affected by the Far right parties but the lazy turds who will be affected most ;)

Oh come on. Let them enjoy their heavenly union and let it spill over here too. atleast then we Indians will realise with our dunce heads regarding the dangers of Islamists. Because as a lazy non sapient nation, we dont realise something is wrong till shit hits the fan:sad:
The danger of Radical Islam is real, but a jobless kid stabbing and killing a brown/black/whatever man doing an 8 hr job, is not going to stop that.

Nagraj

Most of the blame should go to those so called coward liberals speaking politically correct language.
they kept on hitting Christians while turning the blind eye towards pakis and syrians.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Disagree, the British should kill themselves in self-loathing.
Well they can still kill themselves even in a christian country..:lol:

My only appreciation was for the fact they have the guts in acknowledging where their roots lie -- a trait that seems alien to so many Indians..

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Rise of Neo NAZI.
Bad Days Ahead.
So when some nationalists talk against something which is trying to change the demographics/culture of their 1000's years of history you call it Neo-Nazi or RSS. :rolleyes:

On topic.... so if UK tells immigrants its "Christian Country" what would they be expecting? That immigrants would go back or stay in UK by becoming Christian?

Last edited:

panduranghari

Here is the English Flag.

It IS a Christian country, with St. George's Cross.

If I am not mistaken, the same thing goes for Scottish Flag.
Union Jack is the flag from United Kingdom

The flag consists of the red cross of Saint George (patron saint of England), edged in white, superimposed on the Cross of St Patrick (patron saint of Ireland), which are superimposed on the Saltire of Saint Andrew (patron saint of Scotland).

pmaitra

Union Jack is the flag from United Kingdom

The flag consists of the red cross of Saint George (patron saint of England), edged in white, superimposed on the Cross of St Patrick (patron saint of Ireland), which are superimposed on the Saltire of Saint Andrew (patron saint of Scotland).

Thanks.

So, we have three flags, English, Irish, and Scottish, combined into one UK Union Flag; and each of these three flags represents one Christian Saint.

BTW, the UK Flag is not the Union Jack. It is the Union Flag. The Union Jack is the pole on which the Flag is hoisted.

panduranghari

There is a difference between Gandhiji's version of Hinduism and Lord Krishna's version of Hinduism --

Gandhiji believed in showing your other cheek if you are slapped, but Lord Krishna said remove the hand that slapped you unjustly.

I believe in Lord Krishna's version...
Gandhi has screwed up the national psyche. AND he never ever won a Nobel Peace Prize. Fate does come with irony.

panduranghari

Thanks.

So, we have three flags, English, Irish, and Scottish, combined into one UK Union Flag; and each of these three flags represents one Christian Saint.

BTW, the UK Flag is not the Union Jack. It is the Union Flag. The Union Jack is the pole on which the Flag is hoisted.
Really. Thanks. Every day is a new learning experience.

Just re researched it because I remember doing this for life in UK test.

The combined flag of England and Scotland was Union Flag. The addition of Northern Ireland made it from Union flag to Union jack.

No welsh emblem on it as Wales was part of England then.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Really. Thanks. Every day is a new learning experience.

Just re researched it because I remember doing this for life in UK test.

The combined flag of England and Scotland was Union Flag. The addition of Northern Ireland made it from Union flag to Union jack.

No welsh emblem on it as Wales was part of England then.
Nice to know that historical bit from you. :)

The explanation given to me was - a jack is an instrument that is used to lift anything up. So, you would use a jack to lift your car if you were to fix anything underneath. Similarly, you would use a jack to lift or hoist your flag. The proper term, I guess then would be, the Jack of the Union Flag (I made this part up).

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Gandhi has screwed up the national psyche. AND he never ever won a Nobel Peace Prize. Fate does come with irony.
Because of that Gandhigiri :yield: we are termed as softie and other countries took advantage of it... but we also know that when we did a bit of Bhagat-giri or Chandrashekar-giri :gun: we created history and new nation. :bd:

A bit of Bhagat-giri or Chandrashekar-giri can do this ---> :balochistan: ......... :sindhudesh:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The English are scared that their Country might be overtaken by Pakistanies for whom religion is more precious than life and then declare that UK is an Islamic country (Darul Ul Islam).

The effects of population pyramid in UK have started showing. The aged population is scared. the young whites are hopelessly minority and the majority amongst the young would be Pakistanies.

good points and may i add the number of british who are also "converting"

but i think it will be too late to avoid their KARMA - just wait and see , the next government will REVERSE these rules and officially declare themselves a secular nation at the behest of their pakistani-origin citizens !!

Last edited:

parijataka

Country flag
There is a difference between Gandhiji's version of Hinduism and Lord Krishna's version of Hinduism --

Gandhiji believed in showing your other cheek if you are slapped, but Lord Krishna said remove the hand that slapped you unjustly.

Resistance to Abrahamaic thoughts is because they are incompatible with the ethos of this land -- they will remain an oil droplet in water, but never sugar in water. They are exclusivist in nature and differentiate people into believers and unbelievers -- again a trait that is unknown to this land.

I can go on,,but hope you got the jist.

Not speculations,,but common sense...we survived as a nation before the Abrahamaics came and would have survived even if they did not -- they dont matter from the civilizational point of view...
Well spotted. Gandhi ji got his `turn the other cheek` from the Bible. Bharat was an ancient and thriving civilisation before the arrival of Abrahaimic faiths and united as a nation several times.

mayfair

Technically it was the addition of Ireland and the flag of the Irish Patron Saint, St. Patrick that defines the Union flag in its present incarnation (since 1801). Since Northern Ireland chose to stay with the UK post-1921 and the formation of the Irish free state, St. Patrick's cross was retained in the flag.

Maybe they'll add the Red Dragon as well.

panduranghari

Technically it was the addition of Ireland and the flag of the Irish Patron Saint, St. Patrick that defines the Union flag in its present incarnation (since 1801). Since Northern Ireland chose to stay with the UK post-1921 and the formation of the Irish free state, St. Patrick's cross was retained in the flag.

Maybe they'll add the Red Dragon as well.
Wales will demand independence if that wish is not granted.:denied:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Good decision. UK is not like India where secularism has some weird, illogical and absurd definition.

UK is a Christian country like Turkey is Islamic, India is Hindu, Japan is Buddhist, Israel is Jew. Most of them aren't religious state but Secularism doesn't mean the culture of the country should be compromised just because some section of the society doesn't respect the culture of the nation. The one (Read Muslims) are migrating to UK should respect and assimilate in society by accepting the culture of the country. Non-Muslims do the same everywhere. If anyone has problem, They should live in 50+ Islamic La la land! No one is inviting. They are getting the privilege and shouldn't be misused.
UK is infact an anomaly. It is a country where Protestant Church has a role in the state (monarchy), but the state doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion (unless you are the monarch).

India is a secular state because religion doesn't have a role in the functioning of the state and the state doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion. However, Hinduism play a major cultural role in this nation.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

I would not like to get into a debate but just saying, from my limited understanding I see no difference between what Gandhiji said and what Krishna said in the Bhagvad Gita. There is also a parallel in Sikhism. It appears we have different understanding of the gist of the teachings of the two.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I believe he strengthened the moral and spiritual fabric of this nation. And Gandhiji would be the last person who wanted any kind of recognition.

pmaitra

I think it is a sign of honesty on the part of UK government to declare, in no uncertain terms, that UK is a Christian country. It is a veiled way of saying, "You are coming to UK, to live in, work in, and be part of, this society. You are being informed of what you are getting into. You have a choice to love it, or leave it."

This also gives the UK government the alibi, in the event people (read immigrants), try to institutionalize changes to the laws of UK, because, they were admitted in their knowledge that UK is a Christian country.

I see this as a reactionary measure, as much as a conservative one.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
i seek to differ here .....

Untill the 19th century

the Population and ruler in Uk was almost completely Christian so yes it can claim to be Historically a Christian Country
same's true about Turkey in regards to Islam ....

Japan ....is a much more complicated case ...with shinto etc ..

and Israel didnt even exist

But India has always had Sizeable non Hindu Population ....
and also Non Hindu rulers for large swathes of time ....
actually until the arab Invaders came ....there wasn't any single faith that could have been called Hindu

so no ...IMHO India was not a Hindu country in the same vein as Uk being Christian...
But they now are, i.e. inhibited by follower of different religions. So by your logic they shouldn't opt this Christian thingy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles