I'm a Pakistani and I married my first cousin. AMA

KS

Bye bye DFI
We consider our Cousin sisters as Sisters only. I don't find any difference between Sisters and Cousin sisters. For me, Both are sisters. May be we are taught since childhood or It's our culture. But I know since my schooling days that such things happen among many Muslims. It's their culture and fine as per their religion.
Depends on who is "we".

South Indians, by and large, dont consider so irrepsective of religion.

FYI, I am a Hindu and my mama's (mom's bro) daughter is not considered my sister, and culturally she is my first choice for bride (murai-ponnu)

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
We consider our Cousin sisters as Sisters only. I don't find any difference between Sisters and Cousin sisters. For me, Both are sisters. May be we are taught since childhood or It's our culture. But I know since my schooling days that such things happen among many Muslims. It's their culture and fine as per their religion.
even our religion has that non sense,( south india)
when north indians as raised to see the cousins as sisters, here they raise their children to be their rightful partners( Some times even Maternal Uncle). This is widely prevalent in rural areas. Several of my own school mates are now married to their cousins some to their maternal uncle even before reaching 18(age differance 20+) or just after reaching 18.

North indians will find it strange huh??? Welcome to real india!!!???

Blackwater

Depends on who is "we".

FYI, I am a Hindu and my mama's (mom's bro) daughter is not considered my sister, and culturally she is my first choice for bride (murai-ponnu)
Again this is in south India.Here in north we consider her as sister

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Depends on who is "we".

Is she hot ?

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Depends on who is "we".

Marry outside the blood line, other wise your family may end up a reject. This may explain why we are bad at sports. Marry far and wide to get the best genes.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
No one here will marry their cousin, they are too sane for that. All southies here are just trying to justify that stupid practice by us(southies)

amitkriit

No one here will marry their cousin, they are too sane for that. All southies here are just trying to justify that stupid practice by us(southies)
My cousin is not my Sister, she is just another girl in close neighbourhood. Personally speaking I don't think I will ever have the same kind of relation with my cousins like I have with my only sibling (sister), in fact 90% of them don't have any value for me except that we meet during family functions, they are just girls with a invisible sticker stamped over their head saying "don't f**k me". Attraction between cousins is a social taboo, but biologically speaking it happens more frequently than we want to believe, never happened to me and this is not because of evolution, this is because of the way my parents brought me up, and if given a chance or if situation changes I will most probably lean towards taking it.

Play-fight between cousins (boy and girl) is not like play-fight between siblings, when grown up cousins play-fight, there is always a sexual angle, it shows in their behaviour and in their eyes.

amitkriit

Marry outside the blood line, other wise your family may end up a reject. This may explain why we are bad at sports. Marry far and wide to get the best genes.
Human beings evolved from an extremely small stock, for several centuries during Neolithic period, Human population never went beyond 20000 and those populations were distributed widely, so I guess many of our ancestors chose to mate with their close relatives. Who says that marriage outside bloodline ensures good offspring? How many genes do cousins share at max? 25%?

Diversity is important, so as long as the cousin marriage doesn't become extremely prevalent, it can be tolerated. A man or a woman will most probably choose a mate who is genetically far from him/her, that's how we have evolved.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
My cousin is not my Sister, she is just another girl in close neighbourhood. Personally speaking I don't think I will ever have the same kind of relation with my cousins like I have with my only sibling (sister), in fact 90% of them don't have any value for me except that we meet during family functions, they are just girls with a invisible sticker stamped over their head saying "don't f**k me". Attraction between cousins is a social taboo, but biologically speaking it happens more frequently than we want to believe, never happened to me and this is not because of evolution, this is because of the way my parents brought me up, and if given a chance or if situation changes I will most probably lean towards taking it.

Play-fight between cousins (boy and girl) is not like play-fight between siblings, when grown up cousins play-fight, there is always a sexual angle, it shows in their behaviour and in their eyes.
ya sir i agree but You will not marry them will you...???? thats what i said people here are too sane for that....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Human beings evolved from an extremely small stock, for several centuries during Neolithic period, Human population never went beyond 20000 and those populations were distributed widely, so I guess many of our ancestors chose to mate with their close relatives. Who says that marriage outside bloodline ensures good offspring? How many genes do cousins share at max? 25%?

Diversity is important, so as long as the cousin marriage doesn't become extremely prevalent, it can be tolerated. A man or a woman will most probably choose a mate who is genetically far from him/her, that's how we have evolved.
ok sir so we might have had incest and all during our primitive evolution but as we evolved so has our genes.... we have so much more diversity among us now and also among the genes..... so can we argue that we lived in caves once and should follow the same now... our evolution should also taKe a social angle... we should be saner than our previous lot and be much more progressive... for that we need to give up this practice dont you agree....???

amitkriit

ya sir i agree but You will not marry them will you...???? thats what i said people here are too sane for that....
I have already answered that, only reason I will not marry one of them is because I was conditioned against it by my parents, and not due to some biological or evolutionary reasons.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I have already answered that, only reason I will not marry one of them is because I was conditioned against it by my parents, and not due to some biological or evolutionary reasons.
That makes no sense even to me....????? Then why are you waiting....... If you want to do it DO IT.....!!!!!!!

amitkriit

That makes no sense even to me....????? Then why are you waiting....... If you want to do it DO IT.....!!!!!!!
Actually I have got no intentions of doing it. Let me say it in another way, just because a female sexually attracts a male doesn't mean that the male will get aroused every time he meets one.

If Love Marriage is perfectly fine, then so is the sex between two consenting adults of opposite sex.

Adux

Country flag
I am thinking of JayTL's parental heritage now

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Actually I have got no intentions of doing it. Let me say it in another way, just because a female sexually attracts a male doesn't mean that the male will get aroused every time he meets one.

If Love Marriage is perfectly fine, then so is the sex between two consenting adults of opposite sex.
agreed who said anything about it.... but its not SANE.... thats the point.... But again if some one wishes to do something stupid, then well its his well and wish is it not...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles