I'll meet you guys at the border...

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
waleikum assalam brother..........welcome to dfi,enjoy your stay here............regards

ZOOM

Founding Member
Kabuli, a warm welcome on Defenceforum. I never been to have a discussion with any Afgan man in my lifetime. We would have some in depth discussion with you especially regarding what Afgan people think about Indians. By the way, is that you in your Avatar.

Kabuli

Thanks again brothers. That is the last president of Afghanistan, Dr. Najibullah. Inshallah we can have many discussions bro. I for one have a good view of Indians they have always helped us and never done us any wrong even historically.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Kabuli,

we have a lot of respect for the afghans and have had historical ties, president karzai did a part of his education from himachal pradesh university and when ever he is on an official trip to the country he does not miss coming to the state. a reflection of india's admiration of afghans was well captured in a movie named “kabuliwala” in 1961. here is a song from the movie where kabuliwala is missing his motherland afghanistan when he is in india. dedicated to you. cheers mate!

YouTube - KABULI WALA (1966) - AYE MERE PYARE WATAN- BharatLover.com

about the movie:

Based on the legendary Nobel Prize winner Rabindranath Tagore's famous novel of the same title, 'Kabuliwala' tells the story of Khan, an Afghan who travelled all the way to India (leaving his mother and daughter behind) and a little girl Mini. Khan comes to India with the intention to earn some money in order to pay debts and to save his home in Afghanistan. He's initially homesick until, one day, he meets Mini. At first, Mini is afraid of him (because of the rumours against Afghani Pathans) but at the same time curious. Gradually, her fears wear off. Khan sees her daughter in Mini and brings her presents. The two develop a friendship. But, there is so much standing against them.

Kabuliwala (1961)

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Yes,
I've read that story. Quite a touching one.

Kabuli

Thanks brothers. I was born and raised in Kabul, but my father's side of the family is from Paktia. I now live in Las Vegas, NV, US.

NikSha

I remember reading Kabuliwala in school (I believe the "mini" version), good stuff.

Anyways, welcome to DFI. :)

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Welcome Afghani brother

This forum getting Kabul Fiza lol

Rage

DFI TEAM
Cant you guys be friends without meeting at the border.

As long as you exist to scuttle our friendship, and thwart our plans for a strategic foothold in the CAR, no....

Fighter

As long as you exist to scuttle our friendship, and thwart our plans for a strategic foothold in the CAR, no....
Friendship cant be stopped by any force.
So what is the question really

Rage

DFI TEAM
Friendship cant be stopped by any force.

It most certainly can.

When a sniveling toad comes in between two that have the same interests, and cries foul at everything one does for the other- when the other has been brought to virtual ruin by the schlemiel himself, it hints at a clear intention of a want to scuttle that friendship. Whether or not it actually does, would depend on how strong the exponent really is.

So what is the question really

That which you have asked.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Kabuli, can you start a thread on Afghanistan. Events leading to the Soviet invasion, Civil war and the present state.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Excellent suggestion.

Kabuli, we have heard a lot from Pakistanis about Pakistani perspective of the Russian invasion. Would be good to know how Afghans look at the whole thing and the role of the other players.

Kabuli

Kabuli, can you start a thread on Afghanistan. Events leading to the Soviet invasion, Civil war and the present state.
^^ Excellent suggestion.

Kabuli, we have heard a lot from Pakistanis about Pakistani perspective of the Russian invasion. Would be good to know how Afghans look at the whole thing and the role of the other players.
Of course brothers. In which section should I post it? I am still getting used to the format.

Hey there Kabuli. Greetings from Russia. No hard feelings. :D
None at all bro. Every comrade is a comrade of mine.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles