IITians are selfish, have no genuine love for India, says Markandey Katju

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by I_PLAY_BAD, Dec 21, 2015.

1. I_PLAY_BAD

I_PLAY_BAD Regular Member

New Delhi: Known for speaking his mind, former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju now seemingly has a take on the mind-set of students of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT).

While addressing students of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Katju on Friday said that they do not have genuine love for country and they are utterly selfish with no patriotism or idealism left among them.

Katju visited the elite engineering institution and the comment was unexpected as he was invited as a guest speaker there to speak on various issue.

[​IMG]

After visiting IIT Bombay Justice Katju on Saturday posted on Twitter where he said, “Most of you IIT students have no genuine love for the country. You are utterly selfish, with no patriotism or idealism”.

He further criticised the students saying that, after the IITians settle down in America, they become NRIs, who know everything and do not understand about what is good for the people of country and what is not.

At IIT Bombay, I said: 'Most of u IIT students r utterly selfish..all u want is to migrate to America & become NRI' pic.twitter.com/EUNstDt75p

— Markandey Katju (@mkatju) December 20, 2015

After settling down in US, u'll become NRIs- supercilious know-alls, who vl give lectures to Indians abt wht is good for them & what is not.

Full transcript of my interview at IIT Bombay: https://t.co/DpUrXSIeW1

Not only that, he even went on to the tax sector where he said, "Your education in IIT is largely subsidized by the Indian taxpayer. But after we Indians pay for your education, you are taken away by America who benefit form your knowledge, which was imparted by us. He lashed at IITians and further mentioned, "And after settling down in America, you will become NRIs -- supercilious know-alls, who will give lectures to Indians about what is good for them and what is not."

Links : http://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/katj...ing-them-they-have-no-genuine-love-for-india/

http://zeenews.india.com/news/india...e-for-india-says-markandey-katju_1836552.html

http://www.indiatimes.com/news/indi...ng-abroads-katju-tells-iit-bombay-248599.html

===========================================================================

@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+
    @Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kunal @Kshatriya87 @biswas @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3 @The enlightened
    @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra

Can any one strongly deny Mr. Katju's statements ?
    Lets do a cross section on truth to find out how legitimate this statement really is.

Bornubus likes this.
  3. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

IIT's are run by Indian taxpayers money.They get the world class education and that too dirt cheap and then they abandon their fatherland for Amreeka. They send money back home and that amount is huge but we would do much better with their brains.
    But honestly if I was an IITian I would abandon my fatherland too.Why??Because I don't want to waste my talent.
    Research facility is BullSh8t in India,quota system even in higher education,very less paid jobs,Babuism,politics involved. Everything is Bullsh8t in India and I would not like to waste my talent.
    I remember an IITian who is selling drones to US Army.He is not in India.He has to move to singapore because he couldn't open his firm because of Red Tape and babuism and even if he was able to then also Indian army wouldn't buy sh8t without the under table money.

VIP, Sameet2, Illusive and 6 others like this.
  4. punjab47

punjab47 महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट Banned

Yes, iit makes 50lakh in USA 5 here while this same supreme Court Judge gives reservation to some dumass.

Ask him to pay the salary difference. This is same court that banned jury trials because Indian populace not 'secular' enough.

Iit kids and others will do what's in their best interest. Working whole life for promotion to go to quota is not.

Making dollars & sending them to village For us to arm up is.

Gadar movement also started in USA.

5. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

We need to take steps like Russia. Ban the highly educated people by government from migrating from Nation. :mad:

spikey360 likes this.
  6. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

may I pitch in :lol:
    I may work for india and absorb the salary difference too. Not a problem but:
    a) I can't send my kids to a school where they can get exclusive Hindu education.
    b) I have to pay bribes for getting work done.
    c) Even in pvt sector I need contacts.
    d) Can not get fresh air and read everyday with "India not industrialized"
    And these are just the problems ine faces everyday . Add to that bad infra, corruption and Judges like Katju , politicians like Rahul baba and Nitish Kumar. Yuck!
    In foreign land my only duty = Pay taxes !!!

7. punjab47

No point, if you have no jobs to give them plus you give most of the ones you have to unqualified Dalits.

I_PLAY_BAD likes this.
  8. punjab47

Not to mention what passes for Hindu education is just melech pratilom activism as seen on this forum.

9. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Yes the leftist bullshit in the name of hinduism like
    "All religions are the same ONLY" Yuck!

punjab47 likes this.
  10. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

First generate jobs, then the question of emigration will not arise. How about Katju does his OWN job first, which is of ensuring that cases don't drag on for decades.

11. I_PLAY_BAD

Katju is known for some controversial statements but this point is riveting.
    Despite all charges of corruption and red tape can the tax-payer-money-brought-up IITians defend their decision to ignore India and go to another land for a living.
    When we say Government it is actually the state Governments who are the real rootcause why India isn't competing in education and talent worldwide. State Government are highly incompetent concentrating only on populism and propaganda against other states to retain vote banks. What do you say guys ?

12. angeldude13

I know a guy who came back from US because of his love for India.He curse the day he decided to move back :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    He is planning to move back to US :lol:

Bornubus likes this.
  13. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Are you telling me that I should not come back!

14. Bornubus

Bornubus Senior Member Senior Member

Fault of our own society not IITans

Take 2 cases Ashok khemka (IAS) and Amitabh Thakur (IPS),both IITan decided to serve their country and people and look what happened with him,they could've moved to the west and earn $$,screw Caucasian girls and finally settle it someplace cool in west,instead of bearing abuse of 3rd class illiterate politicians and life threats.

angeldude13 and punjab47 like this.
  15. angeldude13

Yes.Don't come back.You won't like the work ethics and politics involved at work place.
    Although I don't know the details what this friend of mine faces in office but all I know is that he has changed his job 7 times in last 5 years and now giving his last shot by moving to bangalore.
    After that he is outta here :)

VIP and Sakal Gharelu Ustad like this.
  16. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

This is a rude statement. Maybe many left because there was no opportunity or platform for their talent? I know many would love to stay or return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. angeldude13

No.At least not right now. :lol:
    The thing is their talent in India will get wasted :)

VIP and LETHALFORCE like this.
  18. saty

saty Tihar Jail Banned

I thinks Katju will be happy by listening this.
    ISIS: Police suspect three Mumbai youths could have joined ISIS.

Yup Some IITians are selfish and no genuine love for India like some Indians, at-least they are not doing any terrorism/Mafia in other countries.They are investing their hard/soft work for HIGHER REWARDS(Dollars&Dinars > Rupees).In another 10-20 yrs India started to grow then the same guys will return. :D

19. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Perfaarmance Naarmal Senior Member

No we have, DRDO and many organizations have to employ students from other Universities and institutions mostly because IITians run away after getting country's best edu treatment.
    Agree, this nasty seat reservation system poses great barriers for placements of General Category even after doing best while people who fail are selected. :hair:
    It's just a mean of getting votes.

punjab47 likes this.
  20. punjab47

How dare you suggest low iq muslim converts with even lower iq from inbreeding engage in terrorism.

Meanwhile you seem to imply that unlike the low caste converts, the high iq upper caste infidels, sorry HINDUS immigrate and do good things.

Listen man, the best man is one who follows Sunnah.

Ambedkar Nehru & Gandhi all agreed with this.

That's why they furthered the interests of his Ummah, incessantly :)P)

21. I_PLAY_BAD

India will really develop only if Quota system in all its forms is completely abolished.
    Does other nations have quota system ? I don't know....

Indx TechStyle likes this.