Ignoring India's 'republic of hunger'

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

This should indicate that while it is all very fine to state that India is worse than sub Saharan Africa, here is a tip of the iceberg that indicates reasons as to where there is malnutrition, hunger and death!

Natural lifestyle that ensured a balanced diet of game meat and coarse cereal not being allowed and instead having to buy with meagre income the imposed dietary habit and which falls short, quacks abounding, natural immunity having vanished, et al,, obviously encourages the grim picture.

NGOs to keep themselves relevant often exaggerate figures to that they maintain their supply route of funds.

3. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Brigadier one of the reason Tribes are declining is due to endogamous system of marriage and the other reason is Lack of Basic Hygiene and they even have a disregard for it.I have seen a bunch of tribals eating an Anthrax iinfected cattle first hand

4. Ray

You make a good point.

However, let us also see the flip side.

Have you ever wondered as to why when ';modernity' had not visited them and they did what they are doing even now, they did not fall sick or die?

I will give an example.

I was on a long range patrol, and we stopped at a stream. We all drank that water without even realising we had not used our sterilising tablets because we were real tired.

I, and some of the urban troops, got diarrhoea, and the rural troops romped around without any problem!

While you maybe right about the Anthrax cattle eating, but then who found out that there was Anthrax in that cattle in the first place?

What is Basic Hygiene?

In my childhood, we had to wash our hands before eating and wash our mouth after eating.

How many wash their hands before eating, or wash their mouth after eating?

Have you seen the western cookery TV shows?

They taste the food with a ladle,, lick the ladle and say UUUUUUm and then put the ladle back into the food!

That is their way of Basic Hygiene!

And some of our Indian Foodies are also doing it on the same lines!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    parijataka likes this.
  5. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Whats the point you are trying to make?

bsic hygiene involves simple measure like washing hands and stuff.

For instance, simple hand washing befor the delivery reduced the mortality from deliveries by about 50% nothing else. Semmelwies infected himself demonstrate this to the Medical community at that time. But he was driven insane by then medical practitioners for suggesting this. Now thats what we call as primitive practices and lack of hygiene. Now tell me, if some thing like this can happen in 1850s, what about the people living a life style of the 5000BC?

another cause of increated Infant and maternal mortality in India is non institutional deliveries or home deliveries, conducted by Untrained "Dais". But now, govt has set up a low cost measure to combat this- training of the Dais for One month. Note- just one month. Do you know what they teach there in the training?, just clean delivery thats it-1. conducting the delivery in a cleam room,2. cutting of the cord with a clean tool, and 3.use of clean towel for the baby and mother .

Just imagine what we can achieve by proper education and hygiene. So i agree with Iamanidiot. We have this problem mainly due to ignorance

6. Iamanidiot

Brigadier an Anthrax infected cattle can be easily recognized by the symptoms it exhibits.It gives a horrible stink and If its dead we can pull its horns with just a tug.Add to that The whole skin will have lesions.What we generally tell the Tribals is to burn the infected cattle and bury it Underground.Every year the Sub-collector in Tribals personally checks all the tribal tandas to find these cattle and dispose them but even these assholes won't listen.

IF some cattle gets infected post visit these kamineys butcher it and eat it net result entire Tandas get infected.You don't know the despair you get when dealing with these bastards

Another aspect affecting tribals is chronic alcoholism not toddy or hooch sir but an extremely deadly brew native to them called Jeelugu Kallu .This cumulatively is resposible for more Tribal deaths male/female than diseases sir.Tribal problems are complex and hard to understand them sir

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  7. Ray

Thanks for th information.

Which part of India are these tribal from?

8. Iamanidiot

Andhra-Orissa border.My obsservations are along the AP border where the adminstration and welfare is better but the stories I hear from Orissa are a lot worse

9. Ray

I was going to Chattisgarh for a trip.

I thought if it were there I could get some information on the issue.

I will be meeting KP Singhdeo maybe next Jan. I will ask him and hopefully he can organise a trip for me into these areas.