If Russia nukes Saudi Arabia, will it benefit India?

tramp

From the reports, it seems true. Majority of Kerala's Muslims are Sunnis. But then again, majority of the Indian Muslims don't become Jihadists as well.

If Iran acquires a leading regional role, then Iran might replace KSA as ISI's prime financier, albeit at a much lesser scale.

My speculation is this: While the Iran backed ISI's forces come from south India, the KSA backed ISI's forces come from the north India. These forces are deliberately kept apart by ISI to keep infighting at bay.
I would treat Iran as a lesser evil than Saudis.

I do not think Shias will have anything to do with ISI knowing how far ISI is infiltrated by Pakistani Taliban and Lashkar-e-Jangvi elements. Vice versa, ISI will not fund Shias, when it can find enough Sunni groups like Indian Mujahideen, the Mahdani's PDF etc.

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

Con:
> Iran would be the next regional leader
> Iran funded terrorism from Kerala would increase
> Global oil price would spike dramatically
>Israel would be at war

Just a few points from the top of my head...
Could you please explain the bolded part ? I presumed that Kerala is under heavy Wahabi influence. Is it not ?
I won't be surprise if wrong because my knowledge is patchy when it comes to South India.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
If Russia nukes Saudi Arabia, will it benefit India?

This is my question to you all. Please present your view on the pros and cons, if such a thing should happen, although it has not yet been reported by any major news organizations.

This is with reference to this news article
(see spoiler below) posted here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/west-asia-africa/20816-syrian-crisis-179.html#post783944

N.B.: Kindly note that the original article did not mention 'nuke,' and I have added it in the title to create a dramatic effect.
Do we need more drama on DFI? The source you cite is in no way a news article, it is the product of an unhinged mind.

pmaitra

Nuking of Mecca and Medina would end up with the entire 1 billion Muslim population declaring war on Russia , but given, Russia's track record in dealing with such issues, they wont give a damn .... Only with 200 million Muslims here, we r in for some trouble ...
If Russia actually nukes Saudi Arabia, whatsoever cities the targets are, I can assure you, all the other countries will simply restrict themselves to lip service, and some might actually come out in support of Russia. The day Russia decides to use nukes, as you correctly said, that day they will have endured and surpassed the limit of tolerance that they won't give a tuppence about whatever number of opponents they have. Also, the Shias are in favour of Russia.

drkrn

yesterday a news came in this forum about an alleged threat by a saudi prince to russian premier "putin" that there will be a chechen terror attack on russia.

i thought a some fitting response would come but not to this extent of russia threatening saudi

pmaitra

yesterday a news came in this forum about an alleged threat by a saudi prince to russian premier "putin" that there will be a chechen terror attack on russia.

i thought a some fitting response would come but not to this extent of russia threatening saudi
He is rumoured to have been killed in July 2012. If true, then it would mean, he threatened Russia, and ended up into smithereens.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
@arnabmit
Wonder where you got that information on Iran-funded terror from Kerala. Kerala is overwhelmingly Sunni and the Wahhabi groups get funds Saudi sources. So Suadis getting bogged down will cut that fund flow. The Shias of Kerala are mostly of Kutchchi origin. Or Islmailis from Rajasthan... businessmen. They settled in Kerala's port towns long back... and are businessmen. In fact Wahhabis hate them.

Saudi resources getting tied down in domestic rebuilding in case of a massive attack will be good news for global peace.

1. Less funds for Wahhabi extremists across the world -- in Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia and all the trouble being fomented across Asia.

2. Crude prices might shoot up initially, but stabilize as other oil producers start pumping more oil.

3. The farce of Saudi aid for Asian natural calamities will come to an end. Everytime a calamity hits an Asian county, Saudis rush in with funds for building two mosques in place of one destroyed. It is another matter that they might throw in a hospital too along with half a dozen mosques.

4. the evil House of Sauds that meddles in all other Arab countris will be replaced. That would mean more peace in the region as Iran's saber rattling is always in response of Saudi needling.
Could you please explain the bolded part ? I presumed that Kerala is under heavy Wahabi influence. Is it not ?
I won't be surprise if wrong because my knowledge is patchy when it comes to South India.
Reasons for my comments are provided in posts 12, 14 & 16. These are observations based on news. I am not trying to establish anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
About Israel being at war...

US is supporting the rebels in Syria. Rebels in Syria are backed by Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. So US is indirectly enabling Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. Al Qaeda and Hazebollah would eventually unite under the Wahabi tree and attack Israel.

pmaitra

US is supporting the rebels in Syria. Rebels in Syria are backed by Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. So US is indirectly enabling Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. Al Qaeda and Hazebollah would eventually unite under the Wahabi tree and attack Israel.
You are totally confused. Why would Hezbollah back the Syrian rebels? The Hezbollah is a Shia group. The al-Qaida is a Sunni group. The Syrian rebels are Sunnis too. Hezbollah fighters have actually joined the civil war against the Syrian rebels.

TrueSpirit

US is supporting the rebels in Syria. Rebels in Syria are backed by Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. So US is indirectly enabling Al Qaeda and Hazebollah. Al Qaeda and Hezbollah would eventually unite under the Wahabi tree and attack Israel.
Isn't Hezbollah supposed to prop up the Assad regime ? They are Iranian SSG (nothing official about it) & Assad regime is an ally of Iran against Sunni Al-Qaida & Wahabi extremist fringe groups which comprise the loose coalition of Free Syria Army.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Last edited:

TrueSpirit

By the way, it has been Israeli strategy since few decades, to demolish the moderate, more acceptable leadership/regimes in Arab nations, so as to allow extremist factions to take over (who are internationally isolated & unacceptable at world fora). This works for them.

drkrn

He is rumoured to have been killed in July 2012. If true, then it would mean, he threatened Russia, and ended up into smithereens.
never mess with putin:hail:

my favourite leader
i always wanted a leader like that to india

drkrn

Nuking of Mecca and Medina would end up with the entire 1 billion Muslim population declaring war on Russia , but given, Russia's track record in dealing with such issues, they wont give a damn .... Only with 200 million Muslims here, we r in for some trouble ...
but given, Russia's track record in dealing with such issues, they wont give a damn--love this part

pankaj nema

Country flag
Saudi Arabia is a US ally

There are Major military bases on Saudi soil and thousands of US soldiers posted there

So you guys want a W W 3

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles