Idol Worship

Kshatriya87

Country flag
@Rashna Like others, you too have misunderstood. I am not talking theology per se. I am talking about the long-term implications that idolatry has had on society.
The long term implications are that the society has still survived after tens of thousands of years. Egyptians have come and gone, the incas too, and the romans, and many others. Islam too will vanish but Hinduism will remain forever.

Rashna

Country flag
There are no long term implications of idolatry but there are definitely long term implications of fanaticism and following a self destructive path. The result is all countries with idolaters are living in peace and fanatics are burning up and killing themselves.
In the modern world all the terrorist attacks are being done by fanatics to establish the rule of an entity who seems to be a demon and not a god.

@Rashna Like others, you too have misunderstood. I am not talking theology per se. I am talking about the long-term implications that idolatry has had on society.

The Last Stand

Country flag
I dunno, "idolatry" served the Greeks pretty well.

Long term effects my ar**.

You start seeing deterioration in society soon after actual brain usage is banned, rational thought is silenced, and a single, obsolete, supernatural book becomes the origin of all human knowledge.

indiatester

Country flag
Just as I suspected. People are talking about Islam, Pakistan, anything other than the subject matter.
I have reservations about discussing about idol worship when I am not sure that you are open to discuss similar topic on Islam and about Mohammed. Let us discuss that first.

Sorry, its just that I don't trust you enough to be objective or unbiased on such a touchy topic.

rockey 71

Just as I suspected. People are talking about Islam, Pakistan, anything other than the subject matter.
After seeing all the infernal profanity hurled at you, leaving the subject aside, I must say I can understand your frustration.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
After seeing all the infernal profanity hurled at you, leaving the subject aside, I must say I can understand your frustration.
That is not frustration but people got tired of "religious preachers and their marketing skills".

AnantS

Country flag
I once asked a Christian, What's the difference between Hindus and Christians?

He replied, "Hindus treat human beings like lepers, whereas Christians treat lepers like human beings. That's the difference."

Catch my drift? That's why Christianity produces Mother Teresa, whereas Hindu society produces Asaram Bapu.
I once asked Christian what is the difference between Muslims & Christians? He said Christians love to eat pigs and Muslims are pigs

Srinivas_K

Country flag

He replied, "Hindus treat human beings like lepers, whereas Christians treat lepers like human beings. That's the difference."

Catch my drift? That's why Christianity produces Mother Teresa, whereas Hindu society produces Asaram Bapu.
Hindus also produced Gandhi, selective amnesia ?

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Christian nations are banning all Islamic things like Burqa, mosques etc...etc...., and they are saying Muslims are terrorists.

raja696

You think ur genius, but u are opposite to it. Because until someone gives hint that you might not belong to such community . You are dumb stuck how to respond , now you think ur face lifted to reply. How porky are you... ok its ok ,may be u r a commie porky or a dumb shit loader.

Those above comments still hold good to you even to u as porky as you are...? What say genious

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Namaste,

Ancient Hindus believed in idol worship, created gods out of rivers, stones, animals, etc.

Modern Hindus also believe in idol worship, and they create gods out of movie stars, cricketers, etc. Some movie stars even have temples where fans worship them religiously.

So basically this is the result of idolatry in the long run - it makes people believe that mortals are gods. Such a society will worship the rich and abuse the poor, it will have one rule for the rich, another rule for the poor. This is so clearly seen in India's case where the poor go to jail for stealing a loaf of bread whereas the rich can roam free after committing murder (literally).

Some people may opine that idolatry results in such a society in the long run. How would Hindus respond to that without resorting to abuse, or attacking other religions, or invoking Pakistan?

Discuss politely. Thanks.
What is your solution @genius?

If anyone here convince you on this topic, will you convert to Hinduism and follow one true path?

Bharat Ek Khoj

This guy is seriously a big joker, how come you came up with genius id while you are exactly opposite of it ?
Teressa was a pschyo who enjoyed seeing people suffering without medical treatment, while she herself flee often to foreign for better treatment.
Asaram is in jail, while Teressa is given sainthood.

Rashna

Country flag
Ever heard of Baba Amte? I am sure you haven't because he isn't a christian and he doesn't make news nor has he been canonized as a saint. Hindu Society has its share of good and bad like any other religion. Did you see the movie "Spot Light"? Let me tell you something simple, eulogizing someone just to put someone else down is unconvincing. BTW Christians are idolaters too, and you started off this thread with idolatry.Shifting the goal post?

]

Global Defence

New threads

Articles