Ideal Cabinet

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Dovah, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

What do you think would be an ideal cabinet to run the country, may transcend party lines.
    Please mention the ministers and their respective portfolios(major ones, anyways) along with reasons if possible.

thakur_ritesh likes this.
  3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Our admin Singh for PM, Avi for foreign affairs, TR for finance.

No where the hell are the good politicians anyway fit to lead?

I am sure a lot of people will come out and say Modi for PM. Don't know who else. I would still prefer MMS as PM or finance at least. This not considering any remote control. Antony is good for defense but he needs to move on with defense acquisition. Unfortunately I can't think of any major names in the BJP fit to be in cabinet as most of them are just TV personalities more than anything else. Yeah Modi is the only one. I miss ABV. I don't know what to make of the Jaitleys and the swarajs. Probably the reason why BJP didn't do well in the last elections. Lack of charismatic leaders. Congress is also losing it's sheen. Who do we turn to?

4. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

^^ Exactly, MMS FTW!!!!
    Modi can handle defence.

5. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

i think jairam ramesh should be tried for finance ministry. he has proved his mettle with the environment ministry, has the requisite qualifications, an economist, comes with tons of very-very thorough professional experience. he could be the next MMS (as FM) our country would be looking for, worth a shot.

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

/\/\/\ Jairam Ramesh? He was good as an Environment Minister, but cocky. He has to understand that environment and development has to go hand in hand. He would kill FDI, if he becomes a Finance Minister.

Pranab M - PM

Cabinet Ministers - MMS(Finance), Modi(Infrastructure), Chidambaram(Home & Defence), Anthony, Jairam Ramesh, Nitish Kumar, Omar Abdullah, Sushma Swaraj.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  7. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

I don't have any idea if ever in Indian political history an ex-PM ever have held a lower office....MMS taking office lower then that of a PM sounds weird.

Rahul Gandhi trying hard to learn his lessons preparing for the big day.

My vote is assured if Ratan Tata come down to politics and contest for PMO from a major political party...say congress.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

By me becoming dictator and banning politics. :lol:

Come to think of it if whole cabinet comprised people from this forum then might of India would multiply on a annual basis.

Oracle likes this.
  9. Yusuf

If Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa keeps his word and resigns on Sunday, a collective sigh of relief will rise from the BJP headquarters in Delhi.

http://toi.in/SjVqba

This report from TOI quite sums up what I told about the BJP earlier.

10. malluowl

malluowl Regular Member

Prime Minister - Rahul Gandhi

Finance - Manmohan Singh

Defense - A K Anthony

Home - P C Chidambaram

External Affairs - Sushma Swaraj

Commerce - Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia

Science & Technology - Sachin Pilot

Railways - Ajay Maken

Health - Meenakshi Natarajan

Law - Veerapa Moily

Planning Commission - Montek Ahulwalia

Commerce - Nandan Nilekani

Agriculture - Jayaprakash Narayan (Lok Satta)

Information & Broadcasting - Kapil Sibal

Power - Nitish Kumar

Shipping - Manicka Tagore

11. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG]

A chauhan, Zebra, Param and 3 others like this.
  12. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

hahahah! how true! Modi is the only option our country has got if it wants to come out of swindling, votebank politics and corruption.

A chauhan and Zebra like this.
  13. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

How many think that if E Sreedharan is projected as the PM the whole nation would embrace him?

14. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

15. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Zebra, Param and SHASH2K2 like this.
  16. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

The Nation shouldn't, no x=y theory helps

17. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Then the Nation should stay away from INC as well. Picking INC ignoring 1983 is no better than picking BJP ignoring 2002. People like Jagdish Tytler continue to a part of the N-G family coultry.

My point is your "Modi is a Muslim blood-drinker" argument is moot, especially if you pick the Nehru-Gandhi family over him. Both entities have a history sheet, and if you choose to ignore one's history and merely look at their administrative merits, then be prepared to do the same for the other, too.

As far as administrative qualities go, Modi is arguably the best CM the country ever produced, while Rahul Gandhi continues to be the Justin Bieber of Indian politics.

A chauhan, Zebra, LurkerBaba and 3 others like this.
  18. Vyom

Vyom Seeker Elite Member

Maximum riots happened during the Congress rule, and yet.

www.outlookindia.com | Secular Fatwas

19. Payeng

Payeng Daku Mongol Singh

Democracy is always the choice of the people whomever the people like will cast his precious vote for and it is also the duty of every citizen to be politically aware of the situation of the nation, so to be very short I am pointing out what might be right to do or what might not be right to do, or say whom we should we elect and whom we should reject.

Maybe for some people Mr. Modi was politically correct. But my point is was he ethically correct? should we elect some one who donot respect ethical values of life? Will the law of the nation forgive him if tomorrow he is found guilty of? It is a different subject that his crimes were never proved. But knowingly should we support such criminals?

Is it correct to justify that since Rajiv did human rights violation, another human right violator fits in office? Should we not learn for the past?

I would have been more happy if you would have challenged me that what Modi did was in fact not wrong instead of supporting the cause that since Rajiv can do it to Sikhs, Modi can do it to Muslims and thus he can become the PM of the nation, where are our secular values?

BTW I am not contesting for or against INC or BJP or any x y z political party, I am politically neutral and cast my vote without any favourism towards any political party. And what we are discussing is not INC or BJP in particular, if you have a point for or against some other political leader feel free to point it out so we can move ahead in our discussion.

But personally I believe that being a responsible citizen we should not encourage things that are ethically not correct to happen in our political system, a long way to go but every journey starts with a small step.

peace out.

A.V., malluowl and nrj like this.
  20. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

I don't think the false allegations of secular-fascists such as Teesta Setalvad and others that actually were caught and found guilty of defamation against Modi, matters much. If Congress continues to have any legitimacy in Indian politics today, such that despite its overt anti-Hindu, anti-Sikh and at times anti-Buddhist actions are overlooked and in today's context where national wealth and jihadic terrorism have become a common issue for all Indians; they still get elected not once but TWICE to power.

Then Modi has all the legitimacy on the planet and in the universe to become Indian PM.

I care two hoots about what the rights bodies or US body Human Rights say when they themselves are the biggest sponsors of terrorism in Kashmir during 90s through passive funding, in Israel through "aid" to Palestine, in Korea through ignoring north Korean madness and in China through supporting the Uyighurs against the Chinese.

These bodies always scream and howl if India, Israel, Russia and other significant countries fight back against their threats (NOT related to Modi here but another example), but they vanish all of a sudden when situation in places like Africa etc are pointed out. What makes these hypocrites run away then? let's see: strategic goals are not met because controlling war-torn African countries serves no interest to these extensions of foreign offices of foreign powers?

Zebra and A.V. like this.
  21. Yusuf

Well, let's not convert this thread into another secular communal thing.

Just another point to make after observing the natak in karnatak, BJP is a party with no difference. Nepotism of the highest order publicly displayed by Yeddy. So much for principled democratic selection of a CM. talk about SG wanting to be a remote. None of the politicians are different. They want to drive either overt or covert back seat driving.
    People also forget the open "remote control" promoted by Bal Thackeray long before SG became the remote. In fact this term was coined by BT himself when the SS, BJP combine was in power in Maharashtra.

BJP itself has been RCd by the RSS. even in the present Karnatak crisis they ran to the RSS for advice.

Point being, in politics "sub ek hi thaali ke chatte batte hai". No one is different. The effin culture in politics itself is bad. Root cause of many problems in the country.

Dovah and A.V. like this.