ICYMI: India-Pakistan Head for Nuke War

Ashutosh Lokhande

@Yusuf, just for arguement sake and highly unlikely but what if we mass mt nukes and develop a very credible first strike capability then we can just turn whole pakistan into ashes i mean bomb the whole country into thin dust. there wont be any ppl alive to assemble and retalite nukes.
obviously am not considering the repecursions india will have to face from the world after that. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashutosh Lokhande

practically whats your take if theres another mumbai and modi decide to go after pakistan and the war escalates to the point pak uses nuke. can india today have the power to annihilate pakistan to the extent that it cant stand on its own and india gets the opportunity to take bqck all of pakistan?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
practically whats your take if theres another mumbai and modi decide to go after pakistan and the war escalates to the point pak uses nuke. can india today have the power to annihilate pakistan to the extent that it cant stand on its own and india gets the opportunity to take bqck all of pakistan?
India will fight at a level that doesn't escalate to nuke exchange. Nukes won't be used.

Yes India can destroy a lot of what Pak is, but that will be after they destroy our cities. That is not an acceptable scenario. Idea is to keep sure deterrence breakdown doesn't occur

Ashutosh Lokhande

India will fight at a level that doesn't escalate to nuke exchange. Nukes won't be used.

Yes India can destroy a lot of what Pak is, but that will be after they destroy our cities. That is not an acceptable scenario. Idea is to keep sure deterrence breakdown doesn't occur
thats really a tricky thin line india will need to walk on.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
The Pakistanis began losing the fight at Kargil. Then they put their nuclear forces on high alert. President Bill Clinton pressured Nawaz Sharif (the prime minister then and now) into backing down at a crucial summit at Blair House on July 4, 1999. If Clinton had not persuaded Sharif to withdraw behind the LOC, the war would have escalated further, perhaps to a nuclear exchange.
This article felt like reading fiction. What is Bruce Riedel smoking these days?
Its true peopke don't know everything. But they still know a lot and they can smell it from far when you serve crap to them.

But the consequences of a nuclear exchange are almost too horrible to contemplate.
Seriously? Is that all you have, to justify the nuke fear mongering?

Regards,
Virendra

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
thats really a tricky thin line india will need to walk on.
That is what emboldens Pakistan; that India doesn't play rash and has one hand tied by setting high level of thresholds and restrains.
Problem is, we have much more to lose .. than them.

BangersAndMash

Putting aside silly comments from pakis on the net barking that pak army has a suicide nuke policy, blah, blah, blah, the question that comes to mind is.... are the rich generals of pak army stupid enough to risk losing their kushy way of life?

no smoking

Country flag
Does anyone here realize what the "nuclear deterrence" means for the nuclear war system?

That means:
1. Your missiles are aiming at enemy's city not their nuclear missile;
2. You don't need to build an expensive satellite system watching every move of your enemy's nuclear missiles;
3. Your nuclear force's training is focusing on survival from enemy's first strike not your own first accurate strike.
4. Your don't need a big number of nuclear war heads.

So, basically, your nuclear force doesn't have the quantity, nor quality to kill most of Pakistan nuclear missile in the first strike.

Reactions: Neo

ghost

Sir,

I will give you some high probability scenario ,which can be expected from Pakistan,in case of full fledged war.

1 We have taken out almost all of their airforce,their armored strength has been demolished.Indian army mechanized and armored column has cross over into Pakistan territory ,and are taking ground at fast pace.At such time Pakistan use its tactical nukes on our army columns,and turn them into dust.Now in such case Pakistan has used nukes but inside its own territory,that too as a conventional weapon targeting advancing enemy forces inside its own territory.I know GOI official stand on it ,that tactical nuclear attack on our armed forces will be taken as a nuclear strike,but still situation will be tricky.

2 If Pakistan decide to use nuclear weapons ,then strike will be massive and they will go full out all guns blazing,as they would be well aware of what will follow next.So without taking chances they will use it all in the initial phase.So either expect a very small tactical strike, or else a massive barrage of whatever they have got in case of a nuclear strike.

3 In case of Pakistan you never know,when someone religious fundamentalism crops up ,in the heat of war.And if that person has access to nuclear missile,he decide to go in full zehadi and suicidal mode ,where his one and only objective is to destroy India.So you never know when it could get nuclear.

4 You say we will have a limited conflict,but then what?you fight and then after sometime Pakistan once again return to its terrorism.I think the war should be decisive ,which should end with either complete destruction of Pakistan army,or balkanisation of Pakistan,or we occupy most of the Pakistan and leave aside "Chotu Pakistan" that will not be allowed to keep any defence forces ,only police and after war ,we contribute and focus towards westernization of "Chotu" ,so that their main focus is in education,health and economics rather than religious fundamentalism.So basically there should be some decisive outcome of war,even if it means that we have to bleed.Things can't be allowed to return to as it was prior to war.:namaste:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

I already said this Multiple Times

Bakistani Nukes are Heavily watched by Foreign Intelligences .If they trying to arming or Moving their Nukes Means the Foreign Intelligences Seize them and Move those Nukes out Bakistani Hands

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sir,

I will give you some high probability scenario ,which can be expected from Pakistan,in case of full fledged war.

1 We have taken out almost all of their airforce,their armored strength has been demolished.Indian army mechanized and armored column has cross over into Pakistan territory ,and are taking ground at fast pace.At such time Pakistan use its tactical nukes on our army columns,and turn them into dust.Now in such case Pakistan has used nukes but inside its own territory,that too as a conventional weapon targeting advancing enemy forces inside its own territory.I know GOI official stand on it ,that tactical nuclear attack on our armed forces will be taken as a nuclear strike,but still situation will be tricky.

2 If Pakistan decide to use nuclear weapons ,then strike will be massive and they will go full out all guns blazing,as they would be well aware of what will follow next.So without taking chances they will use it all in the initial phase.So either expect a very small tactical strike, or else a massive barrage of whatever they have got in case of a nuclear strike.

3 In case of Pakistan you never know,when someone religious fundamentalism crops up ,in the heat of war.And if that person has access to nuclear missile,he decide to go in full zehadi and suicidal mode ,where his one and only objective is to destroy India.So you never know when it could get nuclear.

4 You say we will have a limited conflict,but then what?you fight and then after sometime Pakistan once again return to its terrorism.I think the war should be decisive ,which should end with either complete destruction of Pakistan army,or balkanisation of Pakistan,or we occupy most of the Pakistan and leave aside "Chotu Pakistan" that will not be allowed to keep any defence forces ,only police and after war ,we contribute and focus towards westernization of "Chotu" ,so that their main focus is in education,health and economics rather than religious fundamentalism.So basically there should be some decisive outcome of war,even if it means that we have to bleed.Things can't be allowed to return to as it was prior to war.:namaste:
1) If we take out their AF,Armour etc they will not use tac nukes but strike our cities.

We won the war as we finished their armed forces. But we also lost our cities.

2) If they strike our cities first we will return the favor. Its not a likely scenario though.

3) Threat of Jihadis is always there. In fact Pak Army is the biggest jihadis organization in the world.

4) Pakis themselves are doing a great job of self destruct. Sit back with a large tub of popcorn

tramp

It could be that the state of that country is a result of the single-minded focus on nuclear buildup (apart from universal corruption) because they knew long back they could not keep pace with Indian conventional buildup.

Just playing the devil's advocate here ... can't trust one word of what comes out of that country.

I don't believe a word of it! Look at the state of their economy, the size of their defence budget and the condition of their country, how can they afford to build and maintain "the fastest nuclear arsenal growing country in the WORLD" ?

Ashutosh Lokhande

So, basically, your nuclear force doesn't have the quantity, nor quality to kill most of Pakistan nuclear missile in the first strike.

ya maybe you are right and so therefore we must keep on ammasing nuclear missile to kill most of paki and chini nookes.

Ashutosh Lokhande

Bakistani Nukes are Heavily watched by Foreign Intelligences .If they trying to arming or Moving their Nukes Means the Foreign Intelligences Seize them and Move those Nukes out Bakistani Hands

lol you make it sound like its as easy as eating cake.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
lol you make it sound like its as easy as eating cake.
If it was something in Bakistani Soil It's easy task for everyone

You don't know how Much Threat they Posses from Bakistani Nukes

Bakistani Nukes are Like Cake It easily spreadable and Easily re sellable

Taliban Tries to Catch Bakistani Nukes Several times before ..But it was thwarted by Some Unknown Peoples ..Wonder who are they

From a German Media

http://www.dw.de/is-pakistans-nuclear-stock-safe/a-17143032

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Taliban Tries to Catch Bakistani Nukes Several times before ..But it was thwarted by Some Unknown Peoples ..Wonder who are they
Are you just saying this ? Or have you read something about this somewhere ?
Post as many references as possible.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Are you just saying this ? Or have you read something about this somewhere ?
Post as many references as possible.
I get that news through My friend who is based on Israel .While He is also in the Mission of Monitoring Bakistani Nukes

There is three Different Protocol to secure Bakistani Nukes in case of any Misadventures

The Pentagon's Secret Plans to Secure Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal | Global Security Newswire | NTI

Those news are not avail in Public media ..If I found any interesting Source I will post it

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I get that news through My friend who is based on Israel .While He is also in the Mission of Monitoring Bakistani Nukes
Your friend has a loose mouth. He is nor fit for such missions :)

There is three Different Protocol to secure Bakistani Nukes in case of any Misadventures

The Pentagon's Secret Plans to Secure Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal | Global Security Newswire | NTI

Those news are not avail in Public media ..If I found any interesting Source I will post it
Thanks, I'll read this.
Also kindly mention me as @Razor if you post more, I don't want to miss such interesting stuff.

tramp

China might help Pakistan with conventional arms or supplies but highly unlikely they will send ready to use nukes over.... especially to a country that could fall to Taliban/IS any day... a small bunch of mullahs in uniform can take over crucial silos and blackmail even China over Xinjiang.
I do not believe Xi has refused to go to Pakistan just because of a few thousand sloganeering Imran wannabes or Qadri acolytes camping on the streets of Islamabad. China is seriously reassessing its ties with Islamabad because of the grip of crazies on that countries vital institutions. (Of course the other possibility being that China is pressuring Pakistan to outsource to it security and running of all vital facilities where it wants to invest. That seems to be the sticking point for a long time.)
I would say that India can win this war by sheer attrition if India can persuade US and China from coming to Pakistan's aid. We are going down that path right now with expanding trade/defence ties with China and US. Hope US steps in at some point soon to defang Pak nukes.

May be he assumed if another 26/11 like incident (some 100+ Indians died),Modi will go for war leads to Nuke exchange.

@ladder if i'm a CCP member i'm 100% shore i will provide nukes to Pak,because everyone know Pak uses nukes only on India
2. With nuke umbrella they continue their IT export to India and it stalls India's growth

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
China might help Pakistan with conventional arms or supplies but highly unlikely they will send ready to use nukes over.... especially to a country that could fall to Taliban/IS any day... a small bunch of mullahs in uniform can take over crucial silos and blackmail even China over Xinjiang.
I do not believe Xi has refused to go to Pakistan just because of a few thousand sloganeering Imran wannabes or Qadri acolytes camping on the streets of Islamabad. China is seriously reassessing its ties with Islamabad because of the grip of crazies on that countries vital institutions. (Of course the other possibility being that China is pressuring Pakistan to outsource to it security and running of all vital facilities where it wants to invest. That seems to be the sticking point for a long time.)
I would say that India can win this war by sheer attrition if India can persuade US and China from coming to Pakistan's aid. We are going down that path right now with expanding trade/defence ties with China and US. Hope US steps in at some point soon to defang Pak nukes.
China already did what it had to as far as designs go. Now its making reactors in a hurry for them to make fissile material to make the large numbers it seeks

Global Defence

New threads

Articles