I’m human, I make mistakes: Kejriwal

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Peter, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Peter

Peter Senior Member Senior Member

I’m human, I make mistakes: Kejriwal

OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT
    New Delhi, June 8: Arvind Kejriwal today said he was human and promised to rectify mistakes, in an attempt to put a lid on the open bickering among his party’s top leaders.

He also proposed a restructuring of the Aam Aadmi Party Party from the booth to the national level.

“Yogendra Yadav is my elder brother, he can scold me and slap me if I get off track. I am human and can make mistakes,” Kejriwal said, acknowledging that the party ideologue had raised valid issues and promising to take corrective steps.

Yadav, who had resigned from all party posts and accused Kejriwal of “building a personality cult”, appeared to have been won over.

“My party has appreciated the issues raised by me. Arvind Kejriwal acknowledged the issues raised by me and called them healthy,” Yadav said. The party rejected his resignation.

But there was no clarity on Shazia Ilmi, who has quit the party citing lack of internal democracy. Kejriwal had yesterday said he would try to get her back.

Sources said Kejriwal had spoken to her over the phone and the issues raised by her had been discussed at the party meeting. Ilmi is learnt to be away from Delhi and a clear picture would emerge once she returns. Her phones were switched off today.

In a bid to rejuvenate the demoralised party cadre, Kejriwal said a total rehaul would be taken up. “All the committees from the booth to the national level would be reconstituted. People from all sections of the society would be welcomed in the party,” he said.

AAP insiders said this was aimed at staving off Yadav’s allegation of a “personality cult”. In the new committee, Kejriwal would be in charge of Delhi and other leaders would be tasked to lead states outside Delhi. Ten new members have been inducted in the national executive to underline that the “Arvind coterie” would not dictate terms.

The AAP chief hoped the changes would rejuvenate the party and put it in a position to emerge as the principal Opposition to the BJP. Claiming the Congress was not in a position to provide leadership to the country, he sought to downplay the AAP’s dismal performance in the Lok Sabha elections. That the party secured more than one crore votes augurs well for the future, Kejriwal felt.

“Our party won 1 crore 13 lakh votes in an election centred around a person. This shows that people have lot of expectations from us,” he said. The AAP had fielded 430 candidates but won only four seats from Punjab.

Kejriwal congratulated Narendra Modi and hoped he would fulfil the aspirations of the people. At the same time, he appealed to the Prime Minister not to increase gas prices.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140609/jsp/nation/story_18492819.jsp#.U5UxdPmSw2w

3. abhi_the _gr8_maratha

abhi_the _gr8_maratha Senior Member Senior Member

tomorrow he will say all congressmen are men, they made mistakes, so re-elect them
    kejru :facepalm:

archie, parijataka and AVERAGE INDIAN like this.
  4. Kaalapani

Kaalapani Tihar Jail Banned

It not a mistake.He wanted to be PM by resigning as CM.

Mistakes are different from making people bakara.

He is saying I wanted to make people Bakhra but people made me big -------.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha likes this.
  5. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

He knows nothing; and he thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career In the present case it is a little inaccurate to say I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible to any public office of trust or profit in the Republic. at the end of the day Arvind Kejriwal is a politician whether he's wearing a suit or a funny hat

6. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

there are rumors that con-app wants are trying again to go for government formation in delhi elections

7. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

8. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

Because of this [email protected] we delhiites are facing power cuts and all he has got to say is he is sorry.

Very nice :mad:

AVERAGE INDIAN and Kaalapani like this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Of course he made mistakes.

He thought he was a Supremo and not a leader. Power went to his head I presume.

No matter what Yogi Yadav is saying in his typical humble and persuasive style, his plaintive bleats, if that is the word for his contrived justification is, as what I saw in Karan Thapar's show, it somehow is not plausible.

Can he explain how all the tall leaders, including him, complained of the same thing - that Kejriwal was autocratic and there was no democracy in the AAP?

How come all were saying the same thing?

It is also interesting to note that Karan Thapar who think he is a hard inquisitor failed to ask him this, which is an issue that the world is wondering - why is it that all find Kejriwal as an autocrat, if not a dictators and thinks the party belongs to him and he alone knows what is good or bad. Something like what the Gandhis think of the Congress Party.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    AVERAGE INDIAN likes this.