IAI signs $1.1b arms deal with Asian Country

KS

Bye bye DFI
It could be China because the Chinese would not like to be identified as being a 'waqrmongering' nation!

Or Vietnam too!

They would like to spring a surprise on China!
No way the Green Pine is going to China.

US would have raised a holy hell over it.

arya

Country flag
the breaking news

lets find out who is the country

mayfair

A Def Pro(packleader) working for IAI has already said the client is Vietnam. So, why the confusion?
According to this, it is indeed India.

[The] premier Israeli business media Globes reported that Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) was signing its largest-ever defence deal with India, over $1.1 billion worth of missiles, anti-missile systems, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), intelligence and other systems.

IAI informed the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange of the deal on Wednesday but withheld the name of the customer. While speculation had South Korea as one of the possible customers, Globes reported from its sources that the recipient country was India and the negotiations had been personally led by the CEO Yitzhak Nissan.

pankaj nema

Country flag
This country is SOUTH korea

The deal is worth 1.6 billion dollars

It includes GREEN pine radar which can be sold ONLY with US approval

The wikipedia article on Green pine radar shows that South korea will get Green pine radars in 2012

mayfair

^^ Either way, I do hope India and Israel keep furthering cooperation in all spheres.

SpArK

SORCERER
Whoever the country is.. we need to collaborate with Israel more.

There is a possibility of high returns if a JV in other fields are taken up.Two decades since Israel's high technology industry took off, many start-up entrepreneurs there havent yet developed the skills to position their products in the marketplace, devise effective business strategies and develop the management skills to build large and growing companies. This is one area we can collaborate and we can get a major boost in mass manufacturing sector where China dominates with an alternative that can bring smile to the world in the form of Quality.

pack leader

Professional
i got the unofficial details
4-5 heron 1 (version 2) systems (naval recon version ) 1 ground control + 4 uav per system
3 great pine radars
air avionics for su 30 (to be installed by yours truly )
lunch customer for the new Gabriel 5 anti ship missile (unknown quantity )
the most interesting part is the Gabriel 5
small radar evading ecm protected missile perfect for hit and run tactics
china is gonna get really pissed off

pack leader

Professional
This country is SOUTH korea

The deal is worth 1.6 billion dollars

It includes GREEN pine radar which can be sold ONLY with US approval

The wikipedia article on Green pine radar shows that South korea will get Green pine radars in 2012
the rok deal was in 2007 (more to come after the trainer deal) delivery is in 2012
the client is Vietnam
and green pine is 100% Israeli tech sold dissipate American objections to India and Korea
and now Vietnam

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
4-5 heron 1 (version 2) systems (naval recon version ) 1 ground control + 4 uav per system
3 great pine radars
here take some mithai

ice berg

3 great pine radars
Why will China get angry? Modern wars is about weapon systems. A few missiles isnt gonna change the balance.
If China can live with Russia supply weapons to India, I am sure they can live with Israel too. Just my 50 cents. :lol:

pack leader

Professional
Why will China get angry? Modern wars is about weapon systems. A few missiles isnt gonna change the balance.
i will not take sids in the Vietnam -china dispute we (Israel ) have good relations with both
strengthening Vietnam naval and air capability may alienate china
i am not rendering moral judgement
Vietnam is a respectable sovereign country we sell weapons to all non enemy's of Israel ( depending on trust )

pankaj nema

Country flag
Vietnam can expect more goodies from USA Europe and Israel in the days to come
which is DEBARRED for China

The foolish Chinese have pissed off ALL of Civilised Asia (except Pakistan of course) by their bullying

US and Asian countries together will show China its place

heartrocker22

I think India has played some part in brokering this deal ....... Congrats vietnamese Friend ....

May our friendship flourish in future too:thumb:

ganesh177

Country flag
I think India has played some part in brokering this deal ....... Congrats vietnamese Friend ....

May our friendship flourish in future too:thumb:
Really ? India, which still cannot take its own decision on mmrca is broking such deals ? lol

Congrats to vietnam, credit to you. You gonna need more of such toys in future.

Reactions: sob

bhramos

Country flag
IAI signs largest ever deal (with India)

Israel Aerospace Industries' $1.6 billion contract with an Asian country includes the Green Pine radar - part of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile system.

Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd. (IAI) (TASE: ARSP.B1) has signed the second stage of a huge deal with an Asian country, which makes the deal the largest in the company's history - $1.6 billion.
IAI notified the TASE on Sunday about the first stage of the deal for the supply of a range of arms system for $1.1 billion to an Asian country. It did not disclose the name of the country or the systems to be supplied.
IAI will supply unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), state-of-the-art missiles, including sea-to-sea missiles, and sophisticated radar systems, including the Green Pine, made by IAI's Elta Systems subsidiary, which is part of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile system.
IAI will supply the systems over four years. The second $500 million deal was signed after IAI met the customer's demand for guarantees, and the procedures for their approval were completed.
The deal surpasses the $1.4 billion contract with India signed two years ago for the supply of Barak ship defense missiles and other defense systems.

IAI signs largest ever deal - Globes

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles