IAF Wont be used against China

Can Indian Army Survive without Airpower ?

• Yes, Indian Army can as it is not the same as it was in 1962.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • No, There is no hope without Airpower.

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters

Tronic

we have come long way since China war, but sadly our political leaders are like ostrich, they dont want to see the threat from China, they rather like to close their eyes and pretend that it does not exists, so much so that specific directions are given to soldiers at border, not to engage Chines, if they cross over to our side :frusty:
Seeing threat is one thing, and making pointless noise another. India should indeed arm itself to bite, but I hope it doesn't resort to pointless barking like Pakistan! Because it is stupid to make pointless noise. Just be prepared for the worst, but that does not mean you make a neighbour your mortal enemy. It would be very lowly for India to act against China the same way that Pakistan acts towards India. We are a country with global aspirations so we have to act more responsibly. Even Canada-Russia and Canada-US have continuing border disputes and look at how they act towards one another...

Talking as civilized people does not mean you cannot be armed to the teeth to defend yourself when the need arises.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^ another reason China will dish out much worse ...

vishwaprasad

Country flag
not possible....India will have no choice but to use AF....even with AF we are not sure about our victory, without AF it will be a death warrant for our brave army who will be fighting without air cover....

captonjohn

Country flag
Whoever had made such foolish statement does not know anything about military strategy and the importance of using force at the right time. Obviously he is not going into the battlefield and hence Indian armed forces would not hear him. India will have to use IAF to save India. Simple!

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Whoever had made such foolish statement does not know anything about military strategy ............
partial quote

my reply : - (1) obviously ..... at face value

(2) i think the absurdity lies in the confusion of the time-frames in which each article was written - the first one denying the use of air force was written in the '62 period to assure the enemy that india wanted a quick end in response to their (proposed) withdrawal from NEFA and the second article was written much more recently ...we can tell the first is an old article from the terminology eg NEFA etc we would be using more modern terminology in today's terms eg arunachal etc ...

(3) putting the two article together without indicating their time origins - leads to a ridiculous hypothesis but it makes a good provocation for engendering a good debate !!! ...

Last edited:
Country flag
We can keep the war going a lot longer than China can eventually their supply lines will be
streched. They will try for a fast victory once that fails they will be in deep trouble.

Snuggy321

@ Lethalforce: Why have you deleted my comment? What is the justification to say that Tibet is rightfully part of India?

Country flag
@ Lethalforce: Why have you deleted my comment? What is the justification to say that Tibet is rightfully part of India?
Look at old history maps and from a religious perspective Mt. Kailash is in Tibet. I have given
my opinion many times before and Tibet may have been independent but it was never part of China.
I gave you my historic reasons if you believe Arunachal belongs to China and Kashmir belongs
to Pakistan then that is your opinion.

Last edited:

Snuggy321

Look at old history maps and from a religious perspective Mt. Kailash is in Tibet. I have given
my opinion many times before and Tibet may have been independent but it was never part of China.
I gave you my historic reasons if you believe Arunachal belongs to China and Kashmir belongs
to Pakistan then that is your opinion.

Kashmir is India and AP as well. I would prefer to see Tibet independent but its now part of the PRC. Just live with it and look in to the future and hope for a closer relationship for our countries.

Country flag
Kashmir is India and AP as well. I would prefer to see Tibet independent but its now part of the PRC. Just live with it and look in to the future and hope for a closer relationship for our countries.
Tell that to the neighbors proliferating nukes and planning a 2 front war against India
and stealing all the waters of the Brahmaputra.

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
What is the comparison of IAF with PLAF...........

Does this mean that IAF lack the numbers, both in fighters and bombers............

What type of bombers does IAF and PLAF posses.........

I request the experts to bring some facts about the bombers used by IAF and PLAF...........

Country flag
HN-3, H-6 bombers and the new-generation HJ-7/FBC-1 bombers probably around 200 or more in total.
India has not confirmed having bombers or the numbers. I think India may be viewing Sukhois playing
a limited bomber type role?

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Does this mean that IAF lack the numbers, both in fighters and bombers............

I request the experts to bring some facts about the bombers used by IAF and PLAF...........
Who needs experts?

Won't there be a bomber in the IAF?

Tu-95 Bear Strategic Intercontinental Bomber - Airforce Technology

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...over-production-long-range-bombers-china.html

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/20110511.aspx

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

@Sesha

Long back in DFI i made a thread :

http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...offensive-combat-readiness-against-india.html

You will find very good details..

Some pics are gone coz its old but info is still there.

average american

We can keep the war going a lot longer than China can eventually their supply lines will be
streched. They will try for a fast victory once that fails they will be in deep trouble.
If you look at the facts, Global Firepower - 2012 World Military Strength Ranking its very difficult for a reasonable person to come to the conclusion that India could win a war with China.

You might want to use this to compare military power.

Last edited:
Country flag
Last edited:

average american

This would not be a total war probably a brief border conflict IMO. Between 3 and 4.
similar to Chinese defeat by Vietnam. China still has not been demonstrated war capability
beyond it's borders.
China only has about enough tanker capacity to support 50 planes in the air at one time., thats not enough to sustain long range warfare.

average american

They still have decent mid air-refuelling capability
Not really for example if China attacked Taiwan they would only have about 50 planes that could engage in combat for any length of time, the rest of the planes would only have enough time to shoot or drop bombs and head back to China for more fuel....until China builds more tankers its not a forgone conclusion they could win in a war with Taiwan.

satish007

until China builds more tankers its not a forgone conclusion they could win in a war with Taiwan.
you have little knowledge about how China mainland to win. there are more than 100,000 mainland tourists in Taiwan everyday.
once China want to get taiwan back, we just need send our men. ...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles