IAF Women pilots advised put off motherhood 4 years

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by roma, Mar 11, 2016.

1. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

I have listed this thread under India Politics and Society because i feel it is more of a social issue rather than mere IAF ... Here we have the issue of women perhaps wanting to be equal to men and it is becoming rather obvious that there is a price to pay for that

The price is that children who would otherwise have been born to a highly educated, very healthy and socially well-placed women would now not be born earlier but rather later and when such a woman is older, she would be more persuaded to have less rather than more children and this way the whole of Indian society is deprived of a large number of real quality children and in the long run this accumulates and takes a very heavy toll on society.

i said that such women usually come from upper levels of society because to be considered as a potential fighter pilot you have to be pretty intelligent, very healthy and most probably come from an upper-class family , i mean usually , there an be exceptions and we celebrate those

Secondly once this trend of career forcing a woman to have kids later starts, it may spread and i seriously wonder if this is another western trick or rather are we falling for it ? i mean just because the west does so , should we also follow unthinkingly ?

this essentially western idea of women being equal s fine , but it fails seriously when we try to apply it to heavy duty employment options and careers eg combat soldier , fighter pilot where the person experiences high G's ....in fact after 4 years most women having already experienced high G's may not be in a condition to delivery a baby ?, chances are some are of their system would have been either damages or warped by then ?

so i would ask you opinions of whether we should merely follow the west unthinkingly especially in this delicate area .....our society may become as spoiled and damaged as theirs if we do so

if fact sometimes i wounder if that was the intention ( of the west ? )

Here is the url and some highlights http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...otherhood-by-4-years/articleshow/51361158.cms
    NEW DELHI: India's first three women fighter pilots have been advised by the IAF to put off motherhood for the next four years so as not to adversely impact their ongoing training process.

However, IAF sources clarified that the advisory is not legal binding and is to ensure that their training does not get affected. ...end quote

it later goes on to address the cost issues in training the women pilots and the loss if they went pregnant .......all these cost issues we have heard before and they were first espoused by the west and now look at the west cry for babies and importing people from the middle east with all the concurrent problems and disastrous social situations in store soon

i think the cost issue is over-rated and IAF and indian society should not fall for it

@angeldude13@[email protected] Indian @anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13 @Abhijat@Ancient [email protected] @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
    @aditya g
    @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater@Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider
    @biswas_k11
    @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian@DingDong @dhananjay1
    @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt@Hari [email protected]&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kunal@Kshatriya87 [email protected]@laughingbuddha @mhk99
    @MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
    @maomao@Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@[email protected] @[email protected] @shade @sasum @smestarz
    @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer
    @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @TejasMK3@The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva
    @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

see there has to be some sacrifice if you are going for defence be it a fighter pilot or an infantry soldier or a covert operative in raw. That's why these people are not civilians!! The same applies for woman.

happy and jackprince like this.
  4. salute

salute Senior Member Senior Member

there is a reason iaf saying this, highly educated madam,

and not all women going to be fighter pilot.

5. VaghaDeva

VaghaDeva The Wise Wolf

Aren't women going to be more emotionally unstable than men when it comes to this kind of lifestyle? You know....cus they get periods.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    spikey360 likes this.
  6. Panjab47

Panjab47 सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫| Banned

Fuck equality.
    Fuck cowards sending women to the front lines.

spikey360 and Jangaruda like this.
  7. VaghaDeva

VaghaDeva The Wise Wolf

Well can't argue with that logic

abingdonboy likes this.
  8. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah..
    Even in other allied industries..we It know how the motherhood prevents women from executing their tasks to perfection.

So IAF advising to put off motherhood for 4 years is one way to assure that the manpower is maintained to an optimum projected level for said years.
    The IAF is just trying to maintain operational levels with regards to manpower available to them.

This is commonsense logic and nothing fancy...sexist..or racist in it.

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN ON PERIODS!!!
    :nono:
    We got women living in space on critical decision making systems..so lets not put everything on PERIODS period.
    +
    There are other air-forces around the world inducting women..so IAF would be emulating a system adopting better practices from them all..
    and them boys have better research reports than us on this forum on whatever they are doing.

9. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

@roma
    IAF is not a corporate house, but a defence arm of India. There's a huge financial and infrastructure cost in training fighter pilots and they need to be at the peak of their physical and mental fitness to do their job. Being a woman yourself, you must know how much physically and emotionally draining motherhood can be - not only the act of giving birth but the subsequent recovery period to actual act of caring for the baby including breast-feeding to keeping awake for nights to soothe a crying baby. Now, the govt. will have to grant leaves for child care to the women fight pilots and actually their availability for strenuous duties will be less.

Now, the skill set will erode with time if the pilots do not keep up with regular training schedules as well as technology. How would the fighting ability of IAF be at full level if its pilots are not available or under-skilled because of pregnancy and child-care?

Actually, 4-year time is very little that IAF is asking for. I would guess the pilots will be commissioned at the age of 22-23 years of age, and they can easily be asked to put off pregnancy till 30-year of age.

Your argument of highly educated women will be forced to have less no. of children is but BS. ighly educated women in India hardly ever opt for more than a couple kids anyway, and the women who want to build a career not only in IAF but any where, cannot afford to have more than a couple kids.

harsh, saty, happy and 2 others like this.
  10. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

I read a report or paper a few months back which stated that the best time for women to have children is in early to mid 20s; beyond this period, chances for certain diseases in the child, increase (I don't remember which ones but it was related to child-intelligence.)

Not sure why India needs women pilots. Not enough capable men? Highly doubt that.
    Yup, mostly for PR.

saty and alphacentury like this.
  11. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

The risk factor does go up. But that is mostly because of ageing and lifestyle, which for these women would not be a factor. Anyway, that is a sacrifice the women have to make if they really really want the highly sought after job. We cannot ignore that these women will be slotted into training where some men would have been and whose availability due to pregnancy would not be in question.

When I am all for women in uniform, I still have reservations against their serving in frontline. Too much feminism in play here.

12. Brood Father

Brood Father Regular Member

@roma with great power comes great responsibility

These are no ordinary women ..they have special skill set that made them pilots
    Air force pilots are special breed of people and thats why IAF has given this advisory

IMO parenthood , motherhood is for normal people , let them serve their required period or till the time second batch of aviators take their place , after that they are free to pursue what they want

sorcerer likes this.
  13. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

From what I have heard, the IAF was reluctant to go ahead with this decision, but this idiotic govt.:facepalm: pushed for it.

14. VaghaDeva

VaghaDeva The Wise Wolf

One of my jatt friends said that he would enjoy this kind of thing because he thought that it was hot.:crazy::doh: Most of the time it isn't especially not in our military.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  15. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

all the posts after mine dealing or replying to what i had written are fair dinkum

all i meant and my consistent stand is that women CANNOT do certain heavy duty jobs and it will get in the way of our primary duty to family, society and nation ....so we should stay out of those jobs or in some exceptional cases only after child-bearing and a certain amount of bringing up the kids , then if there is house-help available, then she can go off jaunting wriggle her back-side and become some sort of combat pilot etc et

agree .....women should stay clear of certain jobs

second point , just because there are other nations' forces inducting women , doesn't mean we should make their same mistake

few years or a decade down the line they will be literally crying for babies

yes yes yes ...put off till 30 , miss a a couple of years because of planning and then what ? give birth to mongoloid kids ? and the state bear the costs of special upbringing ?

your second point actually supports what i had said ......high q women in the first place only have fewer, usually max 2 , now with this added strain they will have NONE !!......so india will become tilted in demographics towards scheduled castes ....well done ! :drool:

that's exactly right ........early to mid 20s is the best time for a woman , ....very different for men as they don't have to carry

...no ...motherhood is for ALL women who are married and who can !

play games with that aspect of nature and we will end up like the west
    even china is now having great difficulty getting to 2 per couple ...i think they have had it

certain aspects of nature cant be played with and the highly respected Hindu philosophy or even christian ( by the book ) of women's speial place is good for india ....they west is about to die out ...i am seeing it with my very own eyes here in the west ....does india want to do the same ? this threat the west is facing is FAR WORSE THAN NUKES and anything else of the past ....and yet it is coming so silently with killer dimensions

@angeldude13@[email protected] Indian @anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien@angeldude13 @Abhijat@Ancient [email protected] @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10
    @aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD@bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater@Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11
    @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian@DingDong @dhananjay1
    @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt@Hari [email protected]&run @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kunal@Kshatriya87 [email protected]@laughingbuddha @mhk99
    @MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan
    @maomao@Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy@[email protected] @[email protected] @shade @sasum @smestarz
    @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg@sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer
    @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @TejasMK3@The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @VIP @VaghaDeva @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf@Yumdoot @Zebra

alphacentury likes this.
  16. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

We can talk abt this problem to death but i like to know abt your view and solution first ..
    @roma

17. Brood Father

Brood Father Regular Member

Forget West ...forget East
    Forget Hindu ...forget Christian
    Gender should be the least of the criteria for selection process
    Tell me one thing if a girl decides not to pursue womenhood and want to serve nation in any possible way , who are we to stop her ?

18. alphacentury

alphacentury Regular Member

If only wanting to serve the nation was sufficient to defend it...

spikey360 and Razor like this.
  19. VaghaDeva

VaghaDeva The Wise Wolf

Of course they are ordinary women they don't have great power the only difference between them and regular women is that they were the only ones who had the idea to show up and receive training and could handle it. It's doubtful that we'll ever see many women of the same caliber as those guys who fought in Siachen

20. Superdefender

Superdefender Regular Member

@roma, West was spoiled decades ago and will be destroyed very soon; not by war but by women!!! No, don't get me wrong. It is because of the way they have grown their girls. Because US is the first nation to be superrich, that's why most of their women became raging feminists. I am okay with pre-school feminism where women will get equal rights and equal pay as men. But raging feminists belief is - they are better (not equal!!) than men in everything, yes everything. And there lies the funda. Many articles have already been written; I shalln't go into that. But remember, those hyper feminist, who had earlier done so much heavy work to prove their capability, are now regretting. But now they can't backtrack. Most of the west women now have realised that going that path was a mistake.

Razor and jackprince like this.
  21. Superdefender

Superdefender Regular Member

We men know what can happen to a woman if she undergoes heavy performance. But women are emotionals, they accuse we are just pigs. Ok. Let them try whatever they want and face the consequences. Truth is - Women can do anything, but that will come at a price. Do not believe me. Forget about women pilots. That's nothing. Have you ever seen pics and videos of Female bodybuilders. No, I am talking about hardcore FBBs who have sacrificed all their lives in that. To prove what, they can be like man! Ok, that's their choice. But what is the end product? They look like men, their voice is even thicker than some men!! And they still think they are women! How naive! They can make a body like she-hulk, even can make facial surgery to look like girlish girls, but can they change their voice tone? What will you call them @roma? If you ask me, I shall tell they are neither females nor males. I don't know what they are. Funny is not it, if you gain something, you lose something. That's the law of nature.

saty, Nuvneet Kundu and roma like this.