Rahul Singh

Country flag
Condition:

*Crashing Aircrafts

*Grounded Aircrafts

*Depleting strength

*Pilot deaths

*Pilot shortage

*Dangerously compromised Pilot training at basic level.

Challenges

*Countering Monster enemy. Can't match plane per plane

*Countering nefarious enemy. Inferior but speedily closing plane per plane gap, advantage getting negated.

Reasons and Solutions:

* Your opinion

Rahul Singh

Country flag
With danger of two front war looming more than even, with responsibility of protecting vast Indian airspace in addition to strike and support requirement one needs ask if IAF is prepared? With sanctioned strength of 800 fighter IAF looks prepared on paper but is it same in real world? Answer is uncomfortably no. Question arises Why? Why such professional organisation has slipped into such sorry state? What are reasons who to be blamed for? Was it even intelligent of IAF to remain import dependent for last six decades with solid impression that it what it this way forever?

Blackwater

2 Reasons

1) Flaw in procurement process due to red tape.

2) Lack of pride and interest in joining the army

Pokemon

The reason is "I" in IAF that stands for Indian.

Indian mentality or say "chalta" attitude leads to red tapism and corruption which sabotage any plan good on paper but never gets executed in its original form.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All in good time.

Encourage the youth to join and not run after money!

Even with such raging unemployment people don't joint he Armed Forces.

Ask yourself, why?

Are we not seeing such a huge lot of cyber warriors and cyber nationalists?

Must we only be tussi great ho in the cyberspace?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
IAS = I Am Sorry.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I personally wont say IAF in sorry state..

There are many air-forces are in worst condition to name off..

IAF problem is spares for older generation fighters such as MIG-21/27/29( B )

Pilots will come if there is proper PR about Armed forces not some garndpaa or sister with Apple Laptop..

Indian Media rating goes higher in every IAF crash Report and more if Pilot dies..

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There are not enough incentives to join the army and money being one of them. If we want the best of our population to prepare for death, they need to be paid well above the current market salaries. Else, the only other way left is to create propaganda!

Also, the recent incidents of nepotism in our armed forces has given enough negative PR and further reduced the incentives to join armed forces. If a Mig crashes every 3 months, it would definitely put off a whole lot of folks from risking their lives unnecessarily.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Red tapping is usually blamed but question is , can it be avoided in a democratic country? Very basic feature of democracy is delayed decision making because of lot of explanation and justification. ...........With a fleet of 800 fighters approximately 30-40 new fighter is required per year for maintaining strength. And that is approximately 4-6 billion as per present rate. Is it possible to acquire such numbers and such figures on constant basis? Only way out as i see is single vendor something like FMS route. But single vendor or so-called FMS route is prone to corruption and in democratic system hardly a viable route. So what should be done? Should we change the system make it less democratic or we find an alternative solution?

To me solution lies in indigenisation. It will not only cut time, cost but will also add battle winning factor Sustenance. It is said that one who can sustain the war win the war. It doesn't matter how much you loose in course of fulfilling a desired task as long as you can timely replace it. IAF is entirely import dependent it has to look for almost everything outside. In case of war there is no guarantee that its losses will be compensated quickly, worse it that IAF faces such spare scarcity during peace time only god knows how it will manage during wartime. In contrast China has robust domestic industry which can sustain a prolonged war and with support of it even PAF can sustain to greater lengths.

HeinzGud

Country flag
All in good time.

Encourage the youth to join and not run after money!

Even with such raging unemployment people don't joint he Armed Forces.

Ask yourself, why?

Are we not seeing such a huge lot of cyber warriors and cyber nationalists?

Must we only be tussi great ho in the cyberspace?
India should start a good TV/Radio and Internet campaign to win the youths' hearts... :namaste:

Blackwater

I personally wont say IAF in sorry state..

There are many air-forces are in worst condition to name off..

IAF problem is spares for older generation fighters such as MIG-21/27/29( B )

Pilots will come if there is proper PR about Armed forces not some garndpaa or sister with Apple Laptop..

Indian Media rating goes higher in every IAF crash Report and more if Pilot dies..
also i have seen young lads die to appear in NDA exams 20 years back when indian economy was closed with no private player parents encouraged their kids to join NDA.

Now I don't see that enthusiasm. I my self study in central school and has seen lot of army men kids as my friend. None of them joined army today. All are in MNC lollllllll

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Biggest problem in my view is complete lack of foresight on IAF. I find it very disturbing to even think that IAF actually though of maintaining it's strength (of 800 fighters) forever solely by import . How can any country support a fleet of 800 fighters with its foreign exchange reserve forever?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Biggest problem in my view is complete lack of foresight on IAF's part. I find it very disturbing to even think that IAF actually though of maintaining its strength (of 800 fighters) forever solely by import . How can any country support a fleet of 800 fighters with its foreign exchange reserve forever?

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
also i have seen young lads die to appear in NDA exams 20 years back when indian economy was closed with no private player parents encouraged their kids to join NDA.

Now I don't see that enthusiasm. I my self study in central school and has seen lot of army men kids as my friend. None of them joined army today. All are in MNC lollllllll
MNCs mean more bucks and no crashes!!

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
Who says that defense pays less.When you get commissioned in defense as sub Lieutenant the government pays you 66000 ctc.It is more than hundreds of professionals who start their career and earn very much less than that.And I think you have never given SSB,if you would have tried you would not have said these words.Hundreds of students try in SSB's but they select few or quality students.The truth is IITians ,NITians don't try for SSB.A normal engineering passed graduate or a villager or a simple graduate try for it.And they don't try it fot money,they try it for country.This is the harsh truth.Face it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles