IAF to deploy Apache Strike Helicopters at Indo-China border

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
IAF to deploy Apache Strike Helicopters at Indo-China border

New inductions in the IAF such as Apache attack helicopters will be in support of operational plans of the Army, which is raising a new Strike Corps along the borders with China in the northeastern sector, Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne said here today.

"Whatever inductions are taking place in the IAF, they will fully support the Army's plans. All the strike helicopters like the Apache"¦They will all support the Army's plans," he told reporters on the sidelines of a seminar here.The proposal was first sent by the Army but it was returned by the government which asked the three services to work together on plans to strengthen their capabilities in that region."We sent the revised plan to the Defence Ministry in December," Browne said.

The IAF is planning to deploy majority of its new inductions such as the additional C-130 J transport planes and six new midair refueling tanker aircraft at the proposed headquarters of the new Corps in Panagarh in West Bengal to strengthen country's defence capabilities in that sector, IAF sources said.The force is also planning to station part of the fleet of 22 Apache helicopters being procured from the US in that sector.The proposal is awaiting clearance from Defence Ministry's Finance Wing and its cost is being estimated.

Commenting on how the cut of around Rs 12,000 crore in the defence budget was affecting his force, Browne said, "Well we have the 42 Su-30MKI aircraft. The contract (for the additional planes) has to be signed. Payments have to be made for that because the first four aircraft deliveries will take place in March. We have to find money for it."The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) had signed a deal with Russia for the additional 42 Su-30MKIs in December last year and of these 28 will be produced under licence by HAL in the country and the rest would be built in Russia.

On Defence Research and Development Organisation's proposed Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) project, Browne said it was "too early" to talk about the plane being a fifth-generation one."When all requirements are firmed up, then we will see what technologies are possible and what are not possible. Then you put it in that bracket," he said.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Can anyone put the total # of troops in eastern border? specially in the 7 eastern states?

It was like 100,000 before and China has about 300,000.

satish007

Can anyone put the total # of troops in eastern border? specially in the 7 eastern states?

It was like 100,000 before and China has about 300,000.
as I remember, Indian should have deployed more than 300,000 troops but still not enough.
All China Chendu,LanZhou troops practise everyday and the Shandong troops is their backup.
total 450,000 and not include those 30,000 special mountian Tibet division all tibetan and have been well brain washed and expendable.
I know 1 indian solder can handle 3 chinese soldiers, but Indian are not good at huge-crowd strategy

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
less words with maimum work can safe us. How will our force work while govt cutting money. Mmrca must be singed in march no matter how govt produce money.

Kongress govt is playing with nation security.

We have to understand the condition . Force need advance wepaons at urgent level.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
as I remember, Indian should have deployed more than 300,000 troops but still not enough.
All China Chendu,LanZhou troops practise everyday and the Shandong troops is their backup.
total 450,000 and not include those 30,000 special mountian Tibet division all tibetan and have been well brain washed and expendable.
I know 1 indian solder can handle 3 chinese soldiers, but Indian are not good at huge-crowd strategy
There needs to be at least 1:1 parity, but I guess China has put good infrastructure on their side which makes mobility easier.

Regarding Tibetians ... Tibetians on this side also fought along Indian Army against China so would be intresting to see if Tibetians on Chinese side wake up and choose the correct side since that would be the BEST chance for bravery rather than self-burning.

trackwhack

There are 10 million Tibetans. At least one million has to stand up and fight in case they want their freedom. And that will work only when there is a border war with India. If tibets will hasnt faltered then its just abiding time.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
There are 10 million Tibetans. At least one million has to stand up and fight in case they want their freedom. And that will work only when there is a border war with India. If tibets will hasnt faltered then its just abiding time.
Chinese are shit scared of this scenario. They are flooding the region with Hans, Tibet will be Falklands part deux.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Only time will give an answer to this problem. Man has started misusing the resources given and also the population on earth increasing.and something or the other will happen to reduce the population. Also mans greed is increasing day by day....

captonjohn

Country flag
Good move though but not enough. I believe Indigenous LCH would be more effective in eastern border due to high altitude.

JBH22

No idea why you are hitting below the belt with such crap post.
I believe China is formidable opponent that India has to look up to and also to protect itself just in case.

natarajan

apache order is just 22 it should be atleast 200 if you want to use it properly in chincoms border

LTE-TDD

1 india can handle 3 chinese, yes, you are right, only on mouth. Do not forget 1962.

LTE-TDD

Good move though but not enough. I believe Indigenous LCH would be more effective in eastern border due to high altitude.

LCH not worth to mention, sir, Put 1000000 LCA's will definitly scare chinese to death!

LTE-TDD

what you think we r buying Apache for.

tere aba ki shaadi ke liye:pound::pound:
The problem is not Apache, the problem is who use Apache, Do you think India army can fight? Did you have or win any war before ( do not tell me you win the Pakistan, it is a small country) ?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
1 india can handle 3 chinese, yes, you are right, only on mouth. Do not forget 1962.
In 1962 Indians were outnumbered by 10000 to 80000 (1:8) and Indian Government was filled to deep with non-violence.
India release figure for casualties (1383 killed) where as PRC release no figure, so no meaningful comparison can be drawn here.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
LCH not worth to mention, sir, Put 1000000 LCA's will definitly scare chinese to death!
The problem is not Apache, the problem is who use Apache, Do you think India army can fight? Did you have or win any war before ( do not tell me you win the Pakistan, it is a small country) ?
You seem to be a typical low life, High-IQ PR Chinese troll, no meaningful discussion can be expected from your kind.
Be a good man or you will be thrown back in those Laogai camps. :sad:

LTE-TDD

You seem to be a typical low life, High-IQ PR Chinese troll, no meaningful discussion can be expected from your kind.
Be a good man or you will be thrown back in those Laogai camps. :sad:
Enjoy you great history, bye bye

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles