IAF MIG-29UPG with TOPSIGHT-I HMDS captured (PICS)

abingdonboy

Country flag
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/7/6/4/2336467.jpg

If you zoom in you can quite clearly see the THALES/SAMTAL TOPSIGHT-I in use. There had been debate a while back as to which (if any) HMDS would be used on the UPGs for the IAF with some members stating the TOPSIGHT-I (as used on the IN's MIG-29K/KUB) would not be employed even though I had assured them it would be.

Anyway, enjoy!

jmj_overlord

when will the upgradation be complete ? and does india upgrade all it's mig 29 ?

bhramos

Country flag

The IAF's MiG-29UPGs, have one of the most advanced internally-mounted integrated EW suite, which includes Elettronica of Italy's ELT-568 AESA-based jamming system (Shown in Red), which will also go on board the yet-to-be-upgraded Su-30MKI.

It is a solid-state self-protection jammer intended to neutralize radar-based air defense systems and radar-guided surface-to-air and air-to-air missiles ,jamming against air surveillance radar systems.

venkat

looks wonderful! with its bloated fuel tank at its back will it be able to maneuver with agility ...may be the digital FBW will take care of that!!! should have gone for the AESA Radar!!!

northernarunachalpradesh

looks wonderful! with its bloated fuel tank at its back will it be able to maneuver with agility ...may be the digital FBW will take care of that!!! should have gone for the AESA Radar!!!
may be in the next 4-5 year we will be having our own aesa radar.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles