Iaf mig 21 crashed in j&k 27 may2014

hitesh

Reports coming from tv news channels that IAF mig 21 crashed in srinager air force base while landing

hitesh

posted in IAF news section pilot dead

Feel bad for the pilot ,RIP .MIG's wing span is so small that some time i wonder if soviets converted missile into a fighter jet due to its small wing span it makes most difficult plane to handle at low altitude.

Glint

Country flag
Its really hard that it could be pilot error this time. Mig has a bad reputation cause of accidents and still IA is upgrading it. It should be retired.

Rest in peace, Raghu Bansi.

Austinjimson

Why the can't Tejas mk1 and mk2 be mass produced?? It is far better than mig 21 with better avionics and safety gears.None of its prototypes crashed in a single flight test.why are the airforce officers just reluctant to make tejas join their fleet in 20-30 squadrons??

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

jmj_overlord

RIP to the pilot. Hope that the new ministry will take appropriate action and would take steps to replace our ageing aircrafts and will keep a check on the dwindling number of squadrons.....

Blackwater

RIP to pilot

message to govt of india

""Aab to Ambassdor car bhi retire ho gayi , MIG 21 kab hoga""

ninja85

saves the trouble for maintaining,refitting,upgrading with faulty spare parts or even decommissioning the outdated planes,

but feel sorry for the pilot.

Neil

Country flag
As IAF Pleads For Speed, Another Young Pilot Killed In MiG-21 Crash

Squadron Leader S. Raghuvanshi, in his early thirties, perished today in a MiG-21 crash about 10-km from Avantipora in India's northernmost state Jammu & Kashmir. Raghuvanshi, a qualified and experienced MiG-21 pilot was on a routine training sortie from Srinagar when his fighter, an upgraded MiG-21 Bison, went down shortly before 11am. Raghuvanshi, whose family lives near Meerut in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, is survived by his wife. On everyone's behalf, I'd like express deepest condolences to his family, colleagues and friends.

India's new defence minister Arun Jaitley expressed sorrow as he took office this morning, pledging to work hard to speed up stalled decisions and prioritise modernisation of the three services. The IAF chief, who met the new defence minister along with the other two chiefs, will be presenting a set of acquisition priorities to the minister next month, headlining the M-MRCA jet deal.

http://www.livefistdefence.com/2014/05/as-iaf-pleads-for-speed-another-young.html
===========================================================================================

R.I.P to the pilot. Thank you for your service.

condolences to the family/friends.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Rest In Peace ..

Lets ramp up Tejas Production ..

hitesh

----ing Talented guys are dying because fat ass politicians cant take timely decisions on procuring new hardware , they are busy saving there one ass at the cost of national security .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles