IAF and PLAAF - An Analysis

Vikramaditya

Country flag
There are two pics,reportedly are of chinese new generation jet fighter.But didn't be confirmed by any official.

Those ppl are very much look russian not chinese,it may be su pak fa......

Don't forget su pak fa is based on mig 1.44

MIG 1.44

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
PAK-FA is not based on MiG1.44.
There are two pics,reportedly are of chinese new generation jet fighter.But didn't be confirmed by any official.
These are very famous BS CGI jobs that people keep on posting around the web, no accurate website or publication posts these images.

kuku

Respected Member
Country flag
The SU PAK FA has incorporated technology from both the Su-47 and the MiG 1.44,source is wiki........don't know is correct or not but i trust wikipedia.....

news:The aircraft will use Saturn engines. There are problems, I admit, but research is continuing.(20 aug 2009)

Latest Russian fighter jet has engine problems :: Samay Live
Wiki without good sources is wooble wooble.

Every Russian aircraft is using some tech developed for previous planes, and every plane uses the same tech to create lift.

shankarosky

As on date IAF can hold it s own on a defensive mode in the eastern skies because of several topographical advantages allowing a faster turn around and better weapon load .

VayuSena1

Professional
A few years? India will be lucky to have the LCA in production in a few years, nevermind the others.
My dear friend, till now whatever the world saw in India during the 90s, is called the Dark Ages of Indian armed forces. However, despite lack of experience and bureaucratic structure not to forget blatant corruption, we still managed to design and fly a supersonic 4.5th generation combat aircraft without a single crash in its history of flight tests. That is something truly appreaciable from the designers and engineers' side since we have to judge them on the basis of how limited their budget is and how many hassles they face as compared to the cash richer Western and developed countries.

However, I assure you that you will find the military aviation industry in the near future much better and far more enhanced as compared to what you saw till now. Best wishes.

sherry

Guys, I am new here..i just want to say just dont underestimate the chinese capability..its sad but true that we cant match them..they are fastly mordernising there military capability and we are still thinking about what to do.....

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Guys, I am new here..i just want to say just dont underestimate the chinese capability..its sad but true that we cant match them..they are fastly mordernising there military capability and we are still thinking about what to do.....
No one is underestimating the Chinese forces here mate. We are looking for ways to fight to defend ourselves. The biggest problem that India has faced from the top echelons is they have always over-estimated the Chinese capablities......ALWAYS!

shankarosky

china has larger economy - more single minded government -so it makes it easier for them to spend more on its armed forces -here we have the democratic disadvantage .But China also has a huge border Russia and other south asian countries so the advantage gets diluted some what .
Indias strong point is its inherent creativity .Wahat made it no 1 info tech power will tomorrow make it one of the best military power too -whenever the politicians cancome out of their one up manship games -allocated atleast 3% GDP to armed forces

ppgj

india did neglect in the past.not anymore.with economy coming of age india is standing up.they are putting couple of mountain divisions in the east,infrastucture build up is happening,air srtips are being put back to use,our mkis are already operational in tezpur.

hbogyt

re

china has larger economy - more single minded government -so it makes it easier for them to spend more on its armed forces -here we have the democratic disadvantage .But China also has a huge border Russia and other south asian countries so the advantage gets diluted some what .
Indias strong point is its inherent creativity .Wahat made it no 1 info tech power will tomorrow make it one of the best military power too -whenever the politicians cancome out of their one up manship games -allocated atleast 3% GDP to armed forces
In reality, innovation is only directly proporional to R&D spending.

wild goose

india did neglect in the past.not anymore.with economy coming of age india is standing up.they are putting couple of mountain divisions in the east,infrastucture build up is happening,air srtips are being put back to use,our mkis are already operational in tezpur.
True,the earlier India realise the Chinese attitude the better.
The blame for 1962 mishap lies fairly and squarely on the then GoI and army top brass for not anticipating the Chinese deception.

I think, atleast one squadron of a point defence type fighter should be based in Chabua Air Base also. Just as an outpost and also as a cover to Tezpur.

shankarosky

62 debacle had many fathers - most important was the political decision not employ air power to stop the chinese advance .IAF then was in a very good defensive position and could have inflicted serious damge in clsoe air support role .The government feared PLAAF retribtion against our cities mainly kolkata -whcih was very stupid if you ask me .China at that time could not have managed to mount any serious strike with what they had over such a long range

hbogyt

re

62 debacle had many fathers - most important was the political decision not employ air power to stop the chinese advance .IAF then was in a very good defensive position and could have inflicted serious damge in clsoe air support role .The government feared PLAAF retribtion against our cities mainly kolkata -whcih was very stupid if you ask me .China at that time could not have managed to mount any serious strike with what they had over such a long range
OOE said that IAF could not have done much because Chinese AAA was too good for it.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
OOE said that IAF could not have done much because Chinese AAA was too good for it.
The Chinese in indian territory would have been easy target for the AF. Where does the question of AAA come? There was no mechanized division of the Chinese in India then.

hbogyt

re

The Chinese in indian territory would have been easy target for the AF. Where does the question of AAA come? There was no mechanized division of the Chinese in India then.
I was citing the Engineer there. I'll try to find that post.

shankarosky

PLA would have been badly mauled bu IAF -we had the terrain advantage and large numlber of operational air bases in the area whcih would have allowed a quick turnaround and a significant power projection capability in the battle zone .Indian army would have got the time to regroup and counter attack - the same concept of limited warfare was also used during kargil by our so called leaders in kargil -stopping air force from crossing the LOC even durings strike missions

hbogyt

re

PLA would have been badly mauled bu IAF -we had the terrain advantage and large numlber of operational air bases in the area whcih would have allowed a quick turnaround and a significant power projection capability in the battle zone .Indian army would have got the time to regroup and counter attack - the same concept of limited warfare was also used during kargil by our so called leaders in kargil -stopping air force from crossing the LOC even durings strike missions
Then IAF would have been badly mauled by Chinese AAA, just as USAF had been.

Didn't any of you see OOE's post? He outlined that Chinese AAA was deployed en mass, therefore IAF couldn't have done much.

natarajan

Even IAF told that government didt consult them and if they have done it would have turned the situation into indians side and chinese was first to declare ceasefire as usaf support was asked by nehru.so if iaf was used effectively and usaf on the way surely we might have not lost akshai shin but our defensive mindset of netas cost us much:((

Tamil

Country flag
Even IAF told that government didt consult them and if they have done it would have turned the situation into indians side and chinese was first to declare ceasefire as usaf support was asked by nehru.so if iaf was used effectively and usaf on the way surely we might have not lost akshai shin but our defensive mindset of netas cost us much:((
truly said, our politicians will dip our nation below par always...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles