I will personally work to provide honest and efficient govt : PM (Manmohan Singh)

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Zebra, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

TNN | Jan 1, 2012, 02.31AM IST ,

NEW DELHI: The Prime Minister's new year message on setting up an effective Lokpal seems intended to signal his firm intention to drive policy at a time when the Anna Hazare agitation and a fall in growth have raised questions about the government's ability to respond to crisis and face the opposition's onslaught on corruption cases such as 2G and Commonwealth Games scams.

"I want to assure you...that I will personally work to provide an honest and more efficient government, a more productive, competitive and robust economy and a more equitable and just social and political order," Singh said.

The declaration reads more like a "new year resolution" at a stage when his government has crossed the mid-point of its term in office. The explanatory nature of the message also seems intended to convey a sense of purpose and determination quite contrary to speculation in some quarters about a change of guard in the new year.

He said, "I assure you that I will work with all the energy at my command to ensure we meet these (five areas) challenges and overcome them."

The Prime Minister focused on economic security and the need for rapid growth and adequate job creation while speaking of tackling "new forms of corruption that have emerged which need to be eliminated".

"It is also the demand of the ordinary citizen who encounters corruption all too often in everyday transaction with those in authority," he said.

I will personally work to provide honest and efficient govt: PM - The Times of India

3. Bhartiya

Bhartiya Tihar Jail Banned

how can a remote control run a user who is using it??? :shocked:

4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

move over Manmohan ji...It's not even funny anymore.

5. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Hmm wasn't he supposed to do that since 2004 anyways?

mayfair and Zebra like this.
  6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Three cheers for the PM.

I am sure he will deliver, only if Sonia allows and Rahul does not make a huge dive for the PM's chair.

The UP election holds the key!

Manmohan is The Prisoner of Zenda.

The king of the fictional country of Ruritania is drugged on the eve of his coronation and thus unable to attend his own coronation. Political forces are such that in order for the king to retain his crown his coronation must go forward.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  7. JamesBond

JamesBond New Member

So, he agrees, he has so far not worked to provide a honest and efficient govt.. This is hilarious.

Zebra likes this.
  8. Ray

An honest man gone to seed in an environment of deceit, avarice and downright thieving!

9. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Manmohan Singh has been such a disappointment as PM. He could have done anything he wished if he had the guts, yet he chose to remain a puppet of the powers that be. I'd say an illustrious career diminished by his last job that should have been the culmination of his career. I was truly hoping for great things from him when he headed UPA-I, compared to his CV no other head of state comes close. PVN Rao in 1991 showed great guts in pushing through the reforms as Industry Minister and PM when India was pretty much bankrupt. Not much credit is given to this great PM though.

Vishwarupa likes this.
  10. Ray

Manmohan was a breath of fresh air when he came.

There was great hope that dawned amongst the people.

But then, that fresh air was sapped out and replaced with mal air.

It nearly became a Wind de la Mort!

11. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

First Sikh to become Prime minister he could have choose to become a strong and tough PM but he chose to stay a puppet bringing shame to his community and deception to his fellow countrymen.
    I would say that MMS is a huge disappointment much was expected from a Sardar PM

12. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

A PM......... since when??

Surrounded by thievish ministers and dominated by ill intentioned bureaucrats bent upon ruling India by deceit, corruption and arrogance of power.

Is India under silent transition or are those arrogant like PC, Sibal, Singhavi et all waiting for India to turn into another Egypt.

Zebra likes this.
  13. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

14. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

I think he has no shame left even is black flags are shown. He prefers to be a puppet of Sonia first then PM of India. Pathetic!.

15. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

[​IMG]

16. Bhartiya

Bhartiya Tihar Jail Banned

Just resign from your post and shoot Sonia and Rahul edited , that wud be a great contribution, at least I will worship u as a great leader

17. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Sadly this statement is no longer even funny. One can understand the compulsions of running a coalition Govt. but today MMS can put his foot down and insist to the party and the party President that enough is enough let me do my work I do not want your interference.

As they say MMS has his destiny in his own hands, how he arises to the situation is the Million Dollar Question

18. lcatejas

lcatejas Regular Member

Resign and join team anna .. which is better for you .. than only you can do any thing with your own...

19. p2prada

p2prada Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Some one said one man can make a difference. I hope whoever said it is right.

20. Bhadra

Civility of the forum ?? Civility ??

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  21. Bhadra

The PM has no control over his RM, HM , FM and other Ms like Sibbal and Manu Singhvi. Singh has no control over another Singh - Digvijay Singh. Then how can he personaly do things??

Singh is Not The King !! Singh is only in being.