I will celebrate the day India can do something like this ...

H.A.

its not how quickly you build it.....its how long will it last?????

H.A.

whats with the hotel industry in China....a few days back i read an article in which it said that China refurbished an aircraft carrier into a hotel....

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
The speed is indeed astounding... but everywhere when speed quotient has been taken a little too seriously by any country, a costly compromise always comes. Let's just hope that this time it is not with the lives of innocent travelers stationed in this hotel. I would marvel the construction speed if it was a monument building (like a tech demonstrator-use) but as a traveler would never choose to stay in a place that was just known for being built fast.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Well, if you watch the video - they do say that the building has been designed and built to withstand an earthquake of magnitude 9.0 on the Richter scale - which is pretty amazing.

Also, the construction quality need not be compromised if the material is prefabricated and assembled properly.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well, if you watch the video - they do say that the building has been designed and built to withstand an earthquake of magnitude 9.0 on the Richter scale - which is pretty amazing.

Also, the construction quality need not be compromised if the material is prefabricated and assembled properly.
Assurances of chinis dont carry much weight.

BangersAndMash

Mumbai dhabawalas are more impressive then this! Less than one mistake in every 6 million deliveries.

tiranga

Tihar Jail
Banned
Keep dreaming my friend, this is a democracy, it will take 30 years to just pass ths type of decision, add 50 more years for demolishing it... so JAI HIND
MERA BHARAT MAHAN

Illusive

Country flag
China builds 30 storey building in just 15 days

:scared2:

Its energy efficient, earthquake resistant, environmental friendly and can be built in just 15 days.

gotta give it to the Chinese, good job:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

H.A.

Assembled properly is the question i am talking about.....because in a hurry anyone is bound to make a mistake, also taking into account the number of workers involved, even if a single worker has not tightened the bolt properly or not welded a joint properly, the building may give way. If that happens a single prefabricated block will fall down, it will not disintegrate into pieces but a huge block will fall.
Also please note that only the design of the building is such that it can withstand an earthquake of 9.0. It does not say that the quality of the build is so good that it can withstand an earthquake of 9.0. There is a lot of difference between the two.

tas007

可建带来很多新思维,但现阶段仍有一些缺点。如外观造型还不能做到多变,每隔4米就有一根钢柱,不能做挑高大厅。钢结构的优点在于强度和韧度都很高,抗震性比传统钢筋混凝土建筑要好,但造价同样也要高出许多。另外钢结构建筑对于防火来说不及混凝土建筑,典型的例子便是美国的世贸大厦[最新消息价格户型点评],同样采用全钢结构,结果在高温焚烧下发生整体倒塌的惨剧。
I search in chinese web site , find : the long is no more than 4m in one room .when firing it will be like USA World Trade Center . and very expensive!!!

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
:scared2:

Its energy efficient, earthquake resistant, environmental friendly and can be built in just 15 days.

gotta give it to the Chinese, good job:thumb:

If everything lives up, this is just fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Pre-stressed concrete, pre-stressed steel. And many other pre-stressed materials goes into making structures of today. No big deal. The technology is there in India, but red tape fails all.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles