I give you my word, I will respond if you knock on my door at midnight: PM Modi to Muslim leaders

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Zebra, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...midnight-i-will-respond/article1-1354239.aspx

I give you my word, I will respond if you knock on my door at midnight: PM Modi to Muslim leaders

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delh

Updated: Jun 03, 2015

Prime Minister Narendra Modi told a delegation of Muslim leaders that he will be available even at midnight to address concerns of the minority community as he sought to drive home the message that he doesn’t believe in politics that divide people on communal lines.
    Modi discussed social, economic and educational issues related to Muslims with the 30-member delegation led by Umer Ahmed Ilyasi, chief imam of the All India Imam Organisation, which called on him on the occasion of Shab-e-Baraat on Tuesday.
    During the 45-minute meeting, Modi told Iyasi that Muslims leader could approach even at midnight to discuss their concerns.

“The Prime Minister told me that his doors would be open to us even at 12 in the night to discuss any issues and concerns of the Muslims. He said, ‘I give you my word, I will respond if you knock on my door at midnight,’” Ilyasi told Hindustan Times.
    “Modi talks of ‘mann ki baat’ and we conveyed our ‘dil ki baat’. When these two things come together, there is togetherness and no politics,” the imam added.
    Modi told the delegation that he “neither believes in politics which seeks to divide people on communal lines, nor will he ever speak communal language”, according to a statement issued by his office.

He said the “politics of majority and minority had caused a lot of damage” to the country. Employment and development are the solution to all problems, and Modi said he is focused on delivering them.
    Ilyasi said the delegation had conveyed to the Prime Minister the concerns of the Muslim community since the BJP-led government came to power a year ago.
    “Our worries about things that have happened in the past year, which affected the Ganga-Jamuna tehzeeb, were conveyed to the Prime Minister. We hope these things will stop after the message given by him,” Ilyasi said without giving details.
    Since the Bharatiya Janata Party won last year’s general election with a sweeping majority, several right wing groups aligned with the ruling party have targeted minorities such as Christians and Muslims. Some of these groups have targeted Muslims through their ‘ghar wapsi’ (conversion) and ‘love jihad’ campaigns.

Ilyasi said Modi assured the delegation that he is responsible for every Indian. “When Bharat and Bharatyata is strengthened, India will be united. It is in the national interest for all Indians to come together,” the imam said.
    The Muslim leaders said they wanted to “forge a partnership for progress and development with the Prime Minister”, according to the official statement. They said Muslims had “rejected the divisive politics of vote-banks” and were interested in development.
    Modi spoke of his government’s initiatives in skill development and the work done by him as chief minister of Gujarat in education of the girl child and reviving the kite industry.
    He appreciated the gesture of the Muslim leaders to take time out to meet him on the festive occasion of Shab-e-Baraat.
    The delegation lauded the Prime Minister for “his vision of Muslim youth with a Quran in one hand and a computer in the other”, the official statement said. They also congratulated him for India’s success in the adoption of the International Yoga Day by the United Nations.

Feroze Bakht Ahmad, a teacher and grandnephew of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad who was part of the delegation, told the media: “It was not like the PM sat on a chair and talked to people. He met each one personally. He talked about how he considers himself a PM of every Indian, not of Muslims, Sikhs, Christians or Parsis.
    “He said he would not let anybody play the Hindu or the Muslim card, but would play the India card himself…He said education is the only way to reduce communal conflagrations and he is working towards that. Every member came away with the impression that he is a strong PM who means business.”
    Minister of state for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and National Security Advisor Ajit Doval were present at the meeting.

Parvez Ahmed, the son of late President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed, representatives of the Quami Majlis-e-Shoora, Islamic Council of India and Ajmer Dargaah Sharif and imams from Bengaluru, Gujarat, Jaipur, Meerut and Patna were part of the Muslim delegation. Ilyasi said the Prime Minister’s message will be spread through the 550,000 mosques across India and their imams.

3. Zebra

4. Zebra

Muslim delegation calls on PM Modi

Published on Jun 2, 2015, by ANI News

5. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Okey, can the Hindus do the same? I mean can the Hindu villagers of South 24 Parganas expect any kind of intervention from centre on frequent attacks, happening unhindered with the blessing of WB CM, or is it asking too much? HM asks for report and only god and the ministry knows what happens with the reports. Even with BJP in power we have a anything-but-Hindu govt.!!!

6. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

How many times do I have to tell you ?

It is useless to approach Govt. on this issue. It happens outside of law and order.

If you really want protection, you should join sangha parivar.

7. jackprince

AFAIK, RSS itself is insecure in most places excepting few BJP ruled states. It is too timid and mostly basking in the misplaced belief of strength it was lent during Babri incident, which was a bandwagon of VHP, RSS jumped into not the other way around. Now you will tell me that VHP is RSS's one of the wing. Well, guess what - VHP was the crazy son who cared for the goal more than its father RSS. Now, VHP has been sidelined to project a more tolerant image. But, RSS keeping mum when Modi mimics ABV, proves that I should seriously consider converting to something other than Hinduism.

Also, it is inept in maintaining the Hindu interest even through its supposed political wing BJP. It was unable during ABV and is unable during Modi, to bring into the focus of the impending dangers that our society and culture faces and which are either glossed over by the MSM or gloated over by the so-called intellectuals.

Then why should I or anybody in Bengal join RSS? What benefit would it get me apart from being either a victim or a laughing-stock? Even if I join RSS, and I get beaten to death, who will care? What have the Sangh achieved in the villages of North 24 Parganas or South 24 Parganas - I know they are ripe for picking by Sangh? Zilch. What has BJP done? Nada. Except may be highlight is PM coming and smooching the same CM who has been presiding over all the violence to prevent any opposition to speak up for last 4 years.

Kharavela likes this.
  8. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

Because there is no one else. No other organization. No other party. Nothing.

9. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Nobody can save a person if he himself is not willing to save himself. You yourself have said that RSS is protected in BjP ruled states. So nothing stops WB Hindus from voting in BJP and so become safe as per your own logic. On one hand many Hindus (who also seem to be the majority) in WB pride themselves that they are awesome daughter sellers and on the other some sane ones like you want a proper Hindu govt . So when people like you outnumber the daughter sellers in your state and when you guys vote in a proper state govt, you can expect BJP and RSS to actually do something about your state

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Sakal Gharelu Ustad likes this.
  10. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11. jackprince

Problem is the rise of BJP was pre-empted by the Central leadership of BJP itself. I have wrote this in the forum before, and saying it again. They are either advised by the folks who don't know the sentiments or thought process of Bengalis or are too stupid to understand them. Bengalis are basically rather sluggish people, loathing the change. However, their sentiment is like avalanche which can be merciless if moved. But, BJP failed to project a single leader which can lead them in WB or whom the people may fancy. There's also another whisper going that the top leaderships of WB has been bought by TMC.

Bengalis always prefer firebrand leaders and ideals are more important than pragmatism. Does BJP understand that? Rahul Sinha is a shit of a leader. Shiddharth Sankar too timid. Chandan Mitra - who the hell is he? You need to bring or promote leadership in BJP to whom people can relate and who has the fire. But, is BJP doing any such thing?

Also, BJP's rise was totally due to RSS or rather, the huge hindu sentiment that was evoked by Ram Janmabhumi incident. Now, Ram Janmabhumi is not an issue in WB, so WB was left uneffected that time. Now, to grab the attention of people of Bengal, BJP has to sort out its audience. You cannot just ride on two horses. BJP and RSS has to focus and bring the atrocities committed on Hindus to the foreground and run with it. If BJP and RSS raise the issue in Central stage, even MSM will have no option but to cover it. Have you seen any such move?

I don't see either BJP or RSS being anything but a sluggish sloth in WB. How can I, even if I could, or anyone join them? The return is too low for what the risk is.

Also, the people like me, who want a Govt. which would not persecute Hindus (I know it sounds hilarious in a Hindu majority state in Hindu majority nation) do outnumber the people whom you not-so-incorrectly called daughter-selling brigade. But, again the problem is with the path or rather the party we to choose. We are not united with our opposition to them. BJP hasn't shown any viable leader or promise or action for which it can be supported, and hence, a good many people who were even inclining towards it has moved away to CPI(M). Modi being chummy with Mamata was the last straw for many. CPI(M) just got a resurgence in expense of BJP.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  12. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

One thing you have to understand is that when BJP issues such statements, it is not to impress the minorities. They know they have nothing to gain from minorities. So what are these statements for? The moronic Hindus living under a lala land without any realism and who believe that islamism and xtianity are good for our country. To show them that BJP is being moderate.

Again , if Hindus voted properly, the right wing will become more right wing. It ultimately boils down to how Hindus vote

jackprince likes this.
  13. Kharavela

Kharavela Regular Member

Have you heard of Sri Tapan Ghosh & his organisation "Hindu Samhati" ? Tapan da got fed up with moderate image building of RSS & left it to form "Hindu Samhati" http://hindusamhati.net/

jackprince likes this.
  14. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

I am not talking about politics and other over the head related issues.

RSS will teach you how to defend yourself from any goon.

Overall thing is designed to make you strong . If you form a little group of people with daily activities which is beneficial to all, There will be change in your enemy attitude towards you. You and your few friend will be enough to secure your street from those goons.

No need to drag all other issues into regular life.