I am pained to see Akhilesh Yadav is finished: Amar Singh

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Aug 18, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I am pained to see Akhilesh Yadav is finished: Amar Singh

'I should have realised that if the bonhomie between brothers didn’t last, if the three-four generations of friendship between Gandhis and Bachchans has soured... But we are human and learn from our mistakes.’

Former Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh speaks to Priya Sahgal, political editor, News X in an explosive and exclusive interview. He doesn't mince words when talking about his break-ups with some of the country's most glamorous and powerful — from the Bachchans to the Yadavs to Anil Ambani and Sahara Shree. For there is one thing about Amar Singh — he is never boring.

Q: Seeing the state of Samajwadi Party today, aren't you glad that you are not with Mulayam Singh Yadav anymore?

A
    : It was Mulayam Singh who unceremoniously got rid of me. He is suffering from a fear psychosis because I got more space in the media than him. I got more credit for the nuclear deal than him.

Q: What do have to say about Akhilesh Yadav's handling of Durga Shakti Nagpal ?

A
    : I feel more dismayed, disgusted, disheartened to see the total fall of the Samajwadi Party and (it's) particularly painful to see that Akhilesh Yadav is finished. Now there is no hope for his revival ever again. Surprisingly, Shivpal Yadav seems better than Akhilesh in today's circumstances. Had Akhilesh been allowed to create his own team he would have done a better job. I am not saying he would have been brilliant but it would be better than what it is (today). Take for instance the secretary posted in his secretariat, Anita Singh (secretary to the CM). She is a confidante of his father. So is his security guard, Shivkumar, who shadows Akhilesh. This is not for his security but to spy on him. Akhilesh is sitting on the CM's chair, that's all. Madam Anita Singh gets all major decisions verified by his father. And if Akhilesh asks anything, she says, ask your father.

Q: But you have also done a U-turn with the Congress. First you abused it and now you are its staunchest supporter, even though you are not with the Congress.

A:
    I have never abused. That's a strong word.

Q: Well, let us say criticised...attacked aggressively?

A
    : I have never abused the Congress the way Naresh Aggarwal abuses. He says that letters written by Sonia Gandhi should be thrown in the dustbin. My words might have been aggressive and I regret that. But why only for Sonia Gandhi, even for Akhilesh Yadav right now I have not used harsh words. I choose my words carefully now because you never know what is stored in public life tomorrow. I will never join the SP but I may have to do business with the SP as it is a secular party. So the level of opposition should be confined to an extent that if I have to ever do business with the SP I am not embarrassed. But this is not the culture of the SP. I remember an old Hindi song where the hero is asking the heroine, "Bol Radha Bol, Sangam Ho Ga ki Nahin (Say Radha, will the unity happen)". And throughout the song she keeps saying no, but ultimately she surrenders. And says, "Hoga-Hoga-Hoga (yes)". This aptly describes the Samajwadi Party-Congress relations. Mulayam Singh keeps saying no-never-not possible. But when the climax comes, like in the case of the Food Security Bill, first he says, "Oh, come on, don't bother me," then it will be, "yes-yes-yes I will support it". He did the same during Pranabda's election (Presidential polls 2012).

Q: Would you say that after you, there is no one to play the role of political deftness in the SP?

A:
    Well, it would be pompous on my part to say that I was the creamy layer of the cake. I used to camouflage the ugliness beneath. I candidly remember (in 2002) we had formed a People's Front with the Left. It was decided that we would support K.R. Narayanan as President (for a second term). We even went to him as a delegation and firmly said yes. Mulayam Singh was the convenor of this front. Later, he went to the PM's house and met Atalji (the then PM), Advaniji and the late Pramod Mahajan. At this meeting, Mulayam did say that a Muslim should be the next President. They said there is no patriotic Muslim. Mulayam suggested Abdul Kalam and they immediately selected Kalam because at that time the BJP wanted to teach Chandrababu Naidu (TDP leader) a lesson. He was supporting Krishna Kant, who had been the Governor of Andhra Pradesh as the next President. Given his proximity to the Congress, Krishna Kant was informally told that if everyone agrees to his candidature the Congress would not object. Krishna Kant could not survive his disappointment. I am not saying he died because of that but he was a very unhappy man.

Q: You were once known as a man who had many great friends — Amitabh Bachchan, Anil Ambani and Sahara Shree. But now you are known as a man who has lost many great friends. What went wrong?

A:
    Sahara Shree is a Lucknow-based tycoon. He used Akhilesh Das (ex-Congress MP) to send a letter to Sonia Gandhi (in 2004) that you are a foreigner and your becoming the PM would be disastrous to this country. I am an ardent disciple of Bharat Mata and Bharat Mata is advising me to send this letter so that you don't become the PM. He had asked my advice on this and I told him that you are not a politician like Sharad Pawar or Amar Singh, you are a chit fund businessman and very vulnerable, don't do this. He is also very-very close to Rajnathji and Naresh Aggarwal. You know that in Parliament you cannot use somebody else's car to enter for security reasons. But the Mercedes that is used by Naresh Aggarwal belongs to Sahara Shree. I am saying this with caution as I have heard this through reliable sources. He could have converted it in his name but if the Mercedes is registered in Sahara Shree's name and Naresh Aggarwal is claiming it as his own, then post the Parliament attack, this is criminal. Even Rajiv Shukla is close to Sahara Shree.

Q: But Sahara Shree just attacked Rajiv Shukla...

A
    : This is a new development. But why did Sahara Shree attack him? He thought that Rajiv Shukla belonged to his club. But because of some monetary issue with the BCCI, he felt let down. That is Sahara Shree. He is made like that. If he doesn't like this interview he will take an advertisement out in the papers.

Q: Okay, what went wrong with Anil Ambani?

A
    : He was very close to me. Before I was arrested in the cash-for-vote case, he used to come every Wednesday and have dinner with me and play with my daughters. He called them Princesses. He used to come to Delhi specially to have dinner with me. But when I was in jail, there was no friend to furnish my bail bond of Rs 2.5 crore.

By the way, I am the only person who has paid this (large) amount in the history of India. Even the alleged 2G scamsters like Gautam Doshi and the Ambani honchos paid only Rs 2 lakh. But to pay my bail bond there was no man, only two small girls and one domesticated lady (wife and daughters), and innocuous fellow whom I have hardly helped came and gave his property papers for my bail. This was Raveena Tandon, the well known actress, her Uncle Shammi Tandon and his wife.

But the so called High and Mighty including Mr Bachchan, whom I have helped in rainy days, were missing. I don't want to sound arrogant and pompous but he himself has said this. He has said that had Amar Singh not been there I would have been driving a taxi. But such reactions are only to get good PR and show he is grateful since everyone knows what I did for him.

Q: What went wrong with you and Amitabh Bachchan? Is it true that he shouted at you at Anil Ambani's house?

A
    : What went wrong with Amitabh and the Gandhi family? What went wrong with Amitabh and Amjad Khan, Nadiadwala, Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra, who constantly made movies with him? He and Shatrughan Sinha were so close they even shared the same secretary, Pawan Kumar. Saleem Khan is very bitter about Amitabh today.

Q: But how did your friendship break?

A:
    I think he (Amitabh Bachchan) is a very self-centered man. He is a very pragmatic man. I have yet to see someone who has been close to Amitabh still with him today. Jaya Bachchan once said that their presence in Amar Singh's life gives Amar Singh a lot of mileage. Thank God, Jaya despite your absence, Priya (Sahgal) is interviewing me today knowing well that you are not in my life to give me mileage.

Q: But Amitabh is still there in Anil Ambani's life. They both have not left each other. You are the only one left out.

A:
    Birds of a feather flock together. Even today I have a photo of Dhirubhai Ambani in my house though he is of no use to me — he is not alive. He was a very controversial person, but there was one good trait about him — he was a good friend but a bad enemy.

Q: What made you close to Anil and not Mukesh Ambani?

A:
    I was actually quite close to Dhirubhai Ambani. Then there was a tragic incident — Nain (Tina Ambani's brother) expired and she was in absolute shock. I consoled her and said you will never feel the absence of a brother in your life. I can't say the loss is repairable but accept me as a replacement. Because of this I had a special emotional bond with Tina, and to be fair, she has been constant all through. Despite all that Anil has done, she has never broken contact with me.

Q: Unlike Jaya Bachchan?

A:
    She is a very self opinionated person. I still remember when I was expelled, Mr Bachchan told me can't you do something? This Rajya Sabha seat is like a jewellery for Jaya, she can't do without it. He said that the Bachchan tag and the feeling that she is the first lady of Indian cinema have given her an inbuilt arrogance. For instance, when the movie Black was released and everyone was praising Amitabh, Jaya's instant reaction was, "what's the big deal. Long time back in (the movie) Koshish I have done the same role in a better way". She remembers only her achievements and is critical and miserly in accepting others' achievements. That is why it is very difficult to interact with her. She is always very bitter and frustrated.

Q: Do you blame her for the break up with Amitabh?

A
    : I am not bitter or unhappy. In my 20 years of relations with the Bachchans and the Ambanis, they are not wrong, I am wrong.

Q: Well, this seems to be a new and humble Amar Singh before me.

A:
    It is not humility. If you help a friend once, it is good fortune. If you help him twice, you are obliging him; and if you keep helping him, it means that you are foolish and he is wise. So, they are all wise people and I am a foolish man. I salute their wisdom. I cease to be foolish any more. I should have realised that if the bonhomie between brothers didn't last, if the three-four generations of friendship between Gandhis and Bachchans has soured (shakes his head). But we are human and learn from our mistakes.

Emotionally I was in great trauma and I regret now that I gave them the time I should have spent with my wife and daughters. Let me tell you that from day one my wife always said that the kind of rapport you have with Ambanis and Bachchans is not real because they are not your real blood. In the 20 years of my relationship with them, my wife has never stayed with the Bachchans or the Ambanis. She has her own strong convictions that this relationship was artificial. Even during the Abishek-Aishwarya wedding, my name was printed on the card. My wife was dutifully present but she refused to stay with the Bachchans. There is nothing called muhbola bhai (brother in name). His (Amitabh) own brother Bunty (Ajitabh) is not with him. His (Anil Ambani) brother Mukesh is not with him; in spite all the tower talk and business talk. This tower talk has happened with Sunil Mittal too, but they are not buddies but business partners. Mayawati knows how to treat these type of business people — she treats them like a squeezable lemon. I am not made that way. All these people are focused on their own agenda.

Q: So you are saying that loyalty is not a criterion with these people?

A:
    All these people are focused on their own agenda. Amitabh will go to whoever can help resolve his crises or can help his career and make a Satyagraha or a Black. Anil Ambani will go to wherever he can get moolah (money), for the sake of the growth of his empire. Today, it is (P.) Chidambaram, tomorrow it may be Narender Modi. He went to Vibrant Gujarat and said, "Modiji I see reflection of Baapu in you." All these people, who are self-centered, belong to one party only — The Opportunistic Party Of India.

Q: So you don't miss them...

A:
    I have my real friends now. The Big Man's syndrome is that they always think they are obliging you. They think that by having dinner with you they have honoured you. They eat your food but won't appreciate it. They will say things like, "there was too much sugar in your sweet dish, it has given me diabetes or the salt was strong, my blood pressure will haunt me".

Life is a big teacher. It has taught me one lesson that these so-called big people like Ambani and Bachchan feel that they are obliging you, and giving you mileage by allowing you an opportunity to serve them.

3. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

its too late to learn.
    an old saying -in politics there are no true friends or enemies

this man is always speaking of persons who befriended him,but can he dare to peak about his own mistakes??

how can one forget the phone conversation scandal between him and bipasa.here every one tries to present him as gandhi

ONE THIS IS TRUE ALL PEOPLE HERE BELONGS TO "OPPORTUNISTIC PARTY OF INDIA"

parijataka likes this.
  4. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

He is not pained to see it. Akhilesh Yadav is not finished. He, himself is.

VIP, parijataka and Singh like this.
  5. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

This guy is a political has been and not Akhilesh Yadav.

I should have posted this under `Political galli gossip` thread.

6. angeldude13

angeldude13 Lestat De Lioncourt Senior Member

bechara ka pappu bana diya amitabh ne :gangnam: