I am a Pakistani Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Now slowly Pakis realising that the idea of Pakistan failed and therefore trying to claim Indianness in them. Let's see how well this will fly among Indians or even among his fellow Pakistanis.
There is something about India as an idea which transcends the modern day political configurations. It is the idea of India as a huge mass of land which stretches from Baluchistan to present day Bangladesh. This idea of India is independent of any political configuration. In fact during the past thousands of years, this mass of land has very seldom been a unified political entity. And yet there is something which loosely unites the inhabitants despite their substantial religious and at times even ethno linguistic differences (after all let us not forget that more than 200 languages are spoken in India). There is something, perhaps difficult to articulate, which enables this huge stretch of land to be called India irrespective of various political shapes it has assumed over thousands of years.

My country Pakistan was created only 60 years ago. In my eyes, the current political landscape consisting of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan is just one of the many political permutations, Indian subcontinent has witnessed over thousands of years. This current political formation does not mean that I have ceased to be an Indian. Yes at this point I will say that I am a proud Pakistani. I opened my eyes here and I love it intensely despite the fact that I have often been severely critical of the way things are being run here. But at the same time I would also like to say that I have an Indian identity as well.

I am the heir to the same great Indus valley civilization and I have the same claim to India as those who belong to modern political India. It is this common great heritage, underpinned by the idea of India independent of political configurations, which unites me with those who live in the present political entity of India. It is our common heritage irrespective of our different political and for that matter even cultural differences( because India has many sub cultures which differ substantially from each other ).

Yes those who worship the idea of two nation theory will negate it and ironically their sentiments will find endorsement by Hinduvta brigade. The former thinks that identity is perhaps a monolithic phenomenon and Pakistan equates to an antithesis of India. They think that identity is solely a political cum religious construct and since Pakistan is a separate political entity therefore we are now just Pakistanis in every respect of the way. The political Pakistan means fostering of a completely new identity and a complete divorce from the past. For them their past starts from the point their ancestors converted to Islam and their identity morphs into anything concrete only after the creation of Pakistan. And this group, comprising of so called nationalists, is also wary of ethnic identities and aligns itself with the state cultivated narrative of "One Pakistan: One Nation".

The later (Indian right wingers) think that since Pakistan became a separate state, their country was "partitioned" and an unforgiveable sin has been committed. By creating Pakistan, its inhabitants have divided mother India. They keep on talking about the glory of Indus valley civilization and mention India as a historically single political entity which in 1947 was divided along religious lines.

Well needless to say that I disagree with both the parties. My premise is that people have multiple identities. I am, a Pakistani, a Punjabi, a Muslim and of course an Indian in the sense I have mentioned above. In fact we all have multiple identities. At times one identity may become dominant due to certain circumstances and may even take a strong political expression such as demand for a separate state. However, even if does so, the other identities though relegated do not simply disappear. So in my case my Indian identity is there despite my Pakistani identity. Though I may not consciously 'choose" it but it is for me not only a matter of choice as it is an identity shaped by history and culture transmitted through generations. It is that common historical heritage which binds me together with those who live in the neighbouring political India.

At present I am in USA and studying at Cornell. Some of my best friends are Indians and I am amazed that how much common we have despite apparently "hostile" political situation between the two countries. And they do not belong to North India only ( as it is often said that North India is culturally closer to Pakistan) but from South also. It is that commonality which transcends political and for that matter even ethnic and religious differences which binds me to them. I do not think of them as foes but as my brothers and sisters with whom I share a great common heritage.

And yet I will not apologize for Pakistan as it is my country and I opened my eyes here. I will nevertheless reiterate that creation of Pakistan at least in my eyes does not negate my Indian identity and origins. I would like to remind all those who are bent upon imposing Arab wahabi culture on us that it is alien to us.

I believe that realizing our common Indian identity is important as it will lead to erosion of bitterness. Yes modern Pakistan and India are a reality but then so is our great common heritage. Yes it is important for us to be loyal to our political states but at the same time not overlook the joint heritage.

I am a Pakistani Indian"¦.

pakteahouse.net/2012/04/27/i-am-a-pakistani-indian/

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The Gentleman believes that Humans have multiple identities ergo Pakistan isn't the very antithesis of India. If that were the case then why the hate ? and the "2-nation" theory ? the divide ?

vram

Country flag
So now they have stopped being araps and started being Indian again LOL!:rolleyes: :rofl:
How dare this writer compare the Land of the pure with dirty filthy India. Doesn't he know that Lahore is Hundred times better than Delhi. After all according to the Pakis the Lahore has a metro now (But runs the latest bus...delhi has only old trains). The karachi is greatest city on planet earth(According to pakis population by some arab logic equates development). What does mumbai have in front of dazzling karachi.. it has only slums. Also according to Pakis every one in pakiland is rich ,pure,Live in bunglows and very fair and tall european combined with arap ancestry people .Not like indians who even middle class live in small flats and apartments and are dark and offcourse Infidels hence impure.

This was all told to me in one form or the other by a pakistani acquaintance from Dubai who has never even visited India during our short time knowing each other.

The day Pakis accept fact is the day when the sun will rise in the east.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This is something that we must worry about. Pakis are slowly beginning to realize what a failure of a country they have built for themselves, and they are now trying to latch on to the Indian gravy train. Such farticles have begun appearing in the last 3-4 years, and are increasing in frequency. Let them stew in their own juice, the shithole they have made for themselves. They are Pakis and not Indians, and we should not tolerate any attempts by them to latch on to some "Indian identity".

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Come come my friend! Please don't talk like Farhan. :pray:

This is something that we must worry about. Pakis are slowly beginning to realize what a failure of a country they have built for themselves, and they are now trying to latch on to the Indian gravy train. Such farticles have begun appearing in the last 3-4 years, and are increasing in frequency. Let them stew in their own juice, the shithole they have made for themselves. They are Pakis and not Indians, and we should not tolerate any attempts by them to latch on to some "Indian identity".

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Education for NRP/PPO is implanting some logic and wisdom into them.

The Gentleman believes that Humans have multiple identities ergo Pakistan isn't the very antithesis of India. If that were the case then why the hate ? and the "2-nation" theory ? the divide ?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Come come my friend! Please don't talk like Farhan. :pray:
Please elucidate - what did you find wrong/offensive in my statement? What I am saying makes eminent sense, and a majority of DFI will agree with me. I request you to expand on the reasons for your response.

gokussj9

Country flag
+1.

To leach on the hard work done by dirty kafirs and enjoy it is shitlander's old habit starting from their ancestor
bin qasim. Anybody who thinks that those invaders brought economic prosperity or did something good
to this land by establishing nizam-e-adl or some crap, just needs to take a look pakhana-land who is begging
and whoring out since its inception to different kafirs. These goody-goody cloyingly sweet articles a basically a kind
of psy ops that makes the kafirs feel good about themselves and forces them to extend a helping hand to the dog without
learning from the fact that same rabid dog will bite that hand as soon as his position improves as it has done in the past.

tramp

I will not be surprised if a campaign begins inside India itself by the likes of Jamaat-e-Islami in these lines... because imagine the political clout that they are going to get!

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Pakistanis were Indians before 1947, whether you or any paki deny it doesn't really matter, history will not change. Unless you want to pervert history like the pakis have done, that is.

Re-absorption of pakis in India is a different debate, where I agree with you would be the worst case scenario.

Please elucidate - what did you find wrong/offensive in my statement? What I am saying makes eminent sense, and a majority of DFI will agree with me. I request you to expand on the reasons for your response.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
When something good happens in India they try to evoke "South Asian" pride. Otherwise, its back to abusing the evil yindoos :yawn:

btw Pakteahouse is a cesspool of self-styled Pakistani 'liberals'. In one article they called Gandhi a Hindutvadi and blamed him for communalizing politics in the entire Subcontinent !

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
It really ticks me off when Pakis here in the states call themselves "desi" or "Indian" while at the same time having a superiority complex over the dark kafirs in India.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
When something good happens in India they try to evoke "South Asian" pride. Otherwise, its back to abusing the evil yindoos :yawn:

btw Pakteahouse is a cesspool of self-styled Pakistani 'liberals'. In one article they called Gandhi a Hindutvadi and blamed him for communalizing politics in the entire Subcontinent !
The only intellectual from Pakistan who has got it right is Tarek Fatah but he is also unduly scared of the Hindutva bogeyman.

tramp

It is fast becoming a serious Catch-22 for India. A disintegration of Pakistan will be a serious security threat to India as India will struggle to stop refugee inflow, especially from Sindh and Punjab. A situation far worse than currently in Bengal will develop. We need that country to be there to absorb the ultra religious hordes likely to fan out from the tribal belt.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A Pakistani can be an Indian, but an Indian cannot be a Pakistani.

The Author can get a few likes for his article, but by accepting the present Pak and supoorting its formation and existence of it as he repeatedly says, negates the Indianness in him that he talks about. Pak was formed on the basis of anti Hindu sentiments. Indians have always been secular. Heck even the "Muslim" Mughals except for a zealot or two were secular and had Hindus in high offices.

There is nothing Indian in a Paki once you swear your allegiance to a bigoted country. But yes such articles are good to get some likes on FB and get lapped up by Aman ka Tamasha brigade. Nothing more.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It is fast becoming a serious Catch-22 for India. A disintegration of Pakistan will be a serious security threat to India as India will struggle to stop refugee inflow, especially from Sindh and Punjab. A situation far worse than currently in Bengal will develop. We need that country to be there to absorb the ultra religious hordes likely to fan out from the tribal belt.
First build tall wide strong fences and then work to disintegrate Pak.

The refugee crises is overplayed I think. Propaganda by both our side bleeding hearts and their side so that India does not actively work to break up Pak which is in our interest. It's a bloody bluff. We will not face a Bangladesh like situation as far as refugees go.

Well if we fence out borders well we won't have a problem. The PakJabis are never going to come. Baloch will never come. Sindhis will have to fight it out or move west into Balochistan.

dhananjay1

"There is something about India as an idea which transcends the modern day political configurations."

:rofl: Of course it is, India is a super-civilization, Pakistan is a degenerate mistake of neo-Jihadis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles