I am a Hindu, I have eaten beef, and will again eat it: Markandey Katju

blueblood

Justice Katju, by eating beef you made certain that your contribution to humanity shall always be remembered. You are now in the company of many others who changed the world like Einstein, Napolean, Mark Twain, MLK, Mandela or Gandhi. My deepest and sincerest thanks to you sir.

Now it's time to shut your hole or some else will, while whopping your sorry and useless ass.

Yours truly.

prohumanity

Country flag
Who cares ? Eat whatever you want to eat...even your own p*oop....There are more important things to discuss and more important problems to be solved in the world.
I am not going to eat meat as it is proven to cause cancer.

DingDong

Country flag
He might even have practised incest in private. Who cares?

Khagesh

Why not Bangladesh, Thailand, Burma or USA ?
Most beef eaters are not necessarily Muslims, and why is their loyalty always in doubt or questioned ?
Pakistan/Pakistani is an euphemism for a traitor. It is specially used in context of Muslims.

Eating (Cow)Beef whilst offensive to many esp Hindus is no grounds to call someone a traitor or a Pakistani.

Who has been called a traitor?

Was that said on this thread?

Illusive

Country flag
Nobody said consumption of beef is banned, only slaughter of cow and its extended family is banned, its depends on which state you live in, some ban it some enjoy it. Some people just want to create unnecessary drama.

Although i am not in favour of these silly bans, India is an agrarian economy with lots of livestock, poor people benefit from selling their cows, but we have this silly notion of "Hurting Religious Sentiments" even at the cost of people's livelihood.

Ankit Purohit

Country flag
Mr katju is a Educated illiterate.

Former Judge of Supreme Court What a Waste.

Note: Raftaar Aur Zabaan Ko Hamesha Kabu Me Rakhna Chahiye :)

Khagesh

^ he was most probably referring to Muqhtar Abbaas Naqvi's statement.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi is better aware then these Accidentally Hindu bhatijas of an accidentally Indian Chcha.

He has said what is exact and to the point. He did not beat about the bush.

Cows give more by way of milk to a farmer then what a farmer can make by killing the cattle. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi is more aware of Indian culture and more caring of Indian farmers then these accidental hindus.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Nobody said consumption of beef is banned, only slaughter of cow and its extended family is banned, its depends on which state you live in, some ban it some enjoy it. Some people just want to create unnecessary drama.

Although i am not in favour of these silly bans, India is an agrarian economy with lots of livestock, poor people benefit from selling their cows, but we have this silly notion of "Hurting Religious Sentiments" even at the cost of people's livelihood.
Economics is a tricky issue. Due to slaughter, the prices of livestock has gone up a lot. Since disease are common among livestock, if an animal dies then it becomes almost impossible for poor to buy another animal due to increased prices. So yes, it helps the middle class farmers who are not affected by such shocks but hurts the poor farmers.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Economics is a tricky issue. Due to slaughter, the prices of livestock has gone up a lot. Since disease are common among livestock, if an animal dies then it becomes almost impossible for poor to buy another animal due to increased prices. So yes, it helps the middle class farmers who are not affected by such shocks but hurts the poor farmers.
and what we have now are the cow-species of the foreign variety or the ones mindlessly bred with them years back; far less of any of the original desi cows left. these new ones don't stand the rigours of the climate here very well unlike the earlier desi ones, and are much prone to diseases and illnesses. plus, the cattle smuggling rackets so rampant also deal in cross-border tradings, esp. at bangladesh border (cattle sold for 1.5L-2L/animal). no prizes for guessing where much of the revenue generated thus goes to. for an agrarian society & country where cattle is and has been traditionally called a pillar of the farmer's home (and hence the attached religious significance), turning its economy into one which tries to instead rid itself off of its cattle is quite daft & dismal economics at best, and esp. when its been trying to drive up its dairy production (other countries now wanting to collaborate with India on this, for instance, Japan); hence even the Muslim Chamber of Commerce has had been demanding a strict ban since long. those bastions of individualism like US and Australia have bans in place against slaughter of animals like dogs and cats, them being termed as 'companion animals', while we verily having our traditional companions in the cattle for our farmers as a primarily agricultural society, we are still struggling with trying to preserve their lives thanks to the storm of utter nincompoopery and vapidly doltish insinuations & allegations kicked up around by champions of individualistic freedom when efforts are made to that effect!

Last edited:

Abhijat

Country flag
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ays-mukhtar-abbas-naqvi/article1-1349733.aspx

Minister of state for parliamentary affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Thursday justified the ban on cow slaughter and asked all those who wanted to eat beef to go to Pakistan.

"It is not about loss or profit... it is an issue of faith and belief. It is a sensitive issue for the Hindus," Naqvi said at 'Manthan' conclave organised by TV channel Aaj Tak. "Those who are dying without eating beef, can go to Pakistan or Arab countries or any other part of world where it is available," he said.

==

Why not Bangladesh, Thailand, Burma or USA ?
Most beef eaters are not necessarily Muslims, and why is their loyalty always in doubt or questioned ?
Pakistan/Pakistani is an euphemism for a traitor. It is specially used in context of Muslims.

Eating (Cow)Beef whilst offensive to many esp Hindus is no grounds to call someone a traitor or a Pakistani.

I don't want to play game of "choose and pick" ,

So you have some fruitful points to add ? ... . or just trolling . :yawn:

anupamsurey

Country flag
Katju is an oxymoron, he loves limelight, and knows how to fog it.
he was not making news for many days, so he just decided to drop a skunk in social media.
more or so he is found of using words like 90 percent, since he himself is going bonkers i suggest a nice hill station with some bull shit to eat.
i doubt that he was any good in law itself, and it also shows how our judiciary can produce classic morons, and oxymorons.

Raja.pakistani

Tihar Jail
Banned
Katju is right. Most Indians are fools, although he got the percentage wrong - it could be higher than 90%. Also this whole beef ban is silly. The bjp is only interested in silly stuff, not in important issues like social progress, economic development, and so on. BJP is a rogue political party bent upon bullying minorities.
Well said. There are much more important issues than discussing who should eat beef and who should not

I_PLAY_BAD

http://www.abplive.in/india/2015/05...en-beef-and-will-again-eat-it-Markandey-Katju

I am a Hindu, I have eaten beef, and will again eat it: Markandey Katju

New Delhi: In an apparent dig at Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, former Supreme Court judge Justice Markandey Katju on Friday said that he, being a Hindu, has eaten beef and will continue to eat it.

“I am a Hindu, and I have eaten beef, and will again eat it. There is nothing wrong in beef eating. 90% of the world eats beef. Are they all sinners ? And I refuse to believe that cow is sacred or our mother. How can an animal be a mother of a human being ? That is why I say 90% Indians are idiots, Mr. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi included,” Justice Markandey Katju posted on his Facebook page.
Well he is a Hindu who lost path and eats Beef like any Muslim losing path and ending up eating pork.
Does the act of few affect the purity of an entire religion ?

prohumanity

Country flag
Katju...why are you boasting about your beef eating accomplishment. Who cares what you eat ? There are bigger issues in front of world .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles