Hypocrisy- Nitish refuses muslim shawl

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by GPM, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

See for yourself.

Nitish Kumar refuses shawl offered by Muslims - YouTube

Just a few days ago he had sermonised that you have to wear a topi. You have to wear a tilak.

But he himself refused to don a muslim shawl, on camera.

Alec the Smart: You have to sing Vande matram too.

3. navkapu

navkapu Regular Member

Sorry guys i don't think accepting a shawl will make someone secular this is all bullshit ....... he is communal and he is putting topi on a community, already i just hope people see though such shallow display nitish is communal as communal as congress most riots happen under congress rule what about 1984 and 2012 assam .....

parijataka and Patriot like this.
  4. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

You are right.

But I draw your attention to Modi refusing to accept a muslim cap. The storm, mostly secular, it raised!! Modi is anti muslim, that is the proof.

Now what? Is Nitish not anti muslim? Also recall that about 18 months ago he refused a saffron shawl too. Did it not make hin anti-Hindu?

But no. He forgot it. No sickular media commented upon it. But Modi was singled out and pilloried. Keep in mind his famous statewment: Topi bhi lagani padati hai, tilak bhi lagana padta hai.

That is hypocrisy, of Nitish and oui sickular media.

5. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Secular is to be separate from religion. So, one must refuse all kinds of religious insignia except in their personal lives. That is real secularism. Nitish refused Muslim shawl. If he refuses Hindu tilak, and stuff from other religions, then he is truly secular. Modi refused Muslim skull cap, but wears a Hindu tika. If he didn't wear that tika, he'd be secular too.

Most people don't know the real meaning of secular. I didn't, until someone corrected me.

HEILTAMIL likes this.
  6. navkapu

navkapu Regular Member

I have been taught the meaning of secular is not forgetting who you are but what it means is that your belief system should not cloud your judgement ..... there cannot be religion caste creed effecting your judgement ..... today for any narrow political goal for votes people do anything .... the day you start talking about religion as a politician you are no longer secular. the day you say hindu or muslim etc etc you are no longer secular.

parijataka likes this.
  7. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

I beg to differ. Secularism is the freedom of individuals to practice the religion of choice, privately and not force it upon others, as well as not let religion create a bias towards any public decision. Secularism is not giving up one's own private believes.

Patriot likes this.
  8. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

That did not come out right, did it? Anyone who displays a religious symbol/artifact in public is not secular. hmm... pm, really?

VIP, Patriot and arnabmit like this.
  9. pmaitra

Does your dictionary have a different definition? Also, that "anyone" is your assumption. My comment should be taken in the context of politicians, not "anyone."

10. trackwhack

STOP the BS.

You said Modi wearing a tilak and not wearing a skull cap makes him insecular. dont give me context bullshit.

Secularism is allowing others to practice their faith. Secularism is not symbolic jingoism like wearing the religious artifacts of other religions.

Modi's defence is simple. I am a devout Hindu, hence I wear the tilak. I am a devout Hindu and hence I will not wear a Muslim skull cap. I am a devout Hindu and a secular human being and hence I do not have a problem with Muslims wearing skull caps or Christians wearing rosaries. However my faith does not allow me to wear a skull cap or rosary.

VIP and parijataka like this.
  11. pmaitra

If I am wrong, I will not waste time in admitting it. Spikey360 corrected me, and now I know what I am talking about. So stop your retarded rants. There is a link provided already - read it, and educate yourself.

12. trackwhack

You are just making an ass out of yourself by equating political symbolism with secularism. You said one must refuse all kinds of religious insignia except in their personal lives.

Your assumption is that out in public, one has to compromise with ones personal ideals? Please, its you who are retarded. Your interpretation of secularism is bordering on atheism

VIP and Patriot like this.
  13. pmaitra

You have been provided with the definition of secular. Accept it, or reject it and publish your own dictionary.

14. trackwhack

I dont need someone to provide anything to me. You are looking at the wrong dictionary. No dictionary says that me wearing a religious artifact makes me insecular. you are just being adamant and stupid.

By your understanding of secularism, the following people were insecular

1) Vivekananda for wearing Saffron
    2) Gandhiji for saying Hey Ram before he died
    3) Ashoka for embracing Buddhism.

But thankfully, they all are acknowledged as men who were truly capable of being secular.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  15. pmaitra

I believed what you believe. I was wrong. Most of us are wrong, because we abuse the word "secular." My mistake was pointed out, and I corrected myself quickly. Keep fanning your ego, and you will remain an ignorant with that attitude.

16. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Very weird. If I refuse beef on religious grounds will I be communal?

Where does secularism prohibit following one's own religion? Where does it prohibit a muslim from haj or namaz, a Hindu from pilgrimage?

17. trackwhack

I'd like to hear it from you - Please answer these questions

Was Swami Vivekananda Secular?
    Was M. K. Gandhi secular.

I wont ask about Ashoka since its too far back and written history can only be trusted so much from that far back.

Sorry to hear that you were wise once before becoming ignorant.

18. pmaitra

Not sure what your point is. I already gave you the dictionary meaning. Go argue with the dictionary.

On an unrelated note, and this might come as a surprise to you, but the person who corrected me, is a right winger. ;)

19. pmaitra

Was MK Gandhi separate from religion? Try answering that question.

Regarding Vivekananda, you already have the answer, if you would care to read the thread.

20. trackwhack

The only problem seems to be your lack of understanding of how a dictionary works. Either that or you've been writing your own dictionaries.

21. trackwhack

Just answer the questions dude. Why you playing with words?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.