Hypersonic Missiles

J

John

It has already been made clear that the range of Brahmos-2 will be more than brahmos -1 & the wont be any Russian participation..
so now what kinda range are we talking about? lets see, solid rocket booster which launches the missiles into the air, 200kg warhead, kerosene fueled sramjet kicks in after the booster reaches the pre-programmed altitude. now mach 7 is the magic number. Brahmos-1 cruise altitude is as high as 15km and terminal alt. is as low as 10m. Now i could guess Brahmos-2 will have similar cruise ranges with speeds reach as high as mach 7 at high alt and mach 5 at terminal alt. GPS/INS, ATR , active radar seeker, possibly TAINS/TERCOM, composite design with drag reducing chromium coatings as well, RAM coatings? now i would guess the range is anywhere between 700 to 1200km. guys i would to check out brahmos website, any aerospace engineers here?? They are looking for guys for work, would be nice if one of ya'll can go and work at Brahmos.

http://www.brahmos.com/resume.php

p2prada

The Brahmos 2 range will be the same as Brahmos 1, atleast officially. There is a lot of Russian involvement in the project. We will have to work on a completely different missile under a completely different organization(not Brahmos Aerospace) to be able to develop a new cruise missile.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
somewhere I read Brahmos -2 will be propelled by screamjet engine and will have a range of 1000 Km, speed 5-7 mach...........unfortunately lost the link...searching for it.

venom

DFI Technocrat
somewhere I read Brahmos -2 will be propelled by screamjet engine and will have a range of 1000 Km, speed 5-7 mach...........unfortunately lost the link...searching for it.
As per my knowledge the range of Brahmos-2 will be somewhere between 600-700 kms......Nirbhay is being developed with a range of 1000 kms....

proud_indian

Country flag
i read somewhere that there is a treaty as per that they cannot produce anything that has a range greater than 300 km

can anyone put some light

Country flag
i read somewhere that there is a treaty as per that they cannot produce anything that has a range greater than 300 km

can anyone put some light
MCTR -but that is for exports, but Brahmos hypersonic not bound by the treaty because we are producing it indigenously and India is not a signatory.

proud_indian

Country flag
but brother

can we produce something greater than 300 km in a JV

or brahmos-2 is indigenous without any russian input

proud_indian

Country flag
^^
so u mean hypersonic version of brahmos is completely indigenous

wow

that's great

Country flag
the higher speed will make the kinetic impact 6-9 times greater than the supersonic brahmos, and we can put a nuclear warhead on it if we choose.

venom

DFI Technocrat
the higher speed will make the kinetic impact 6-9 times greater than the supersonic brahmos, and we can put a nuclear warhead on it if we choose.
Just imagine ...... A missile flying at 10 mts at 6 Mach carrying 250kg Nuclear warhead......nothing can stop it

proud_indian

Country flag
The Brahmos 2 range will be the same as Brahmos 1, atleast officially. There is a lot of Russian involvement in the project. We will have to work on a completely different missile under a completely different organization(not Brahmos Aerospace) to be able to develop a new cruise missile.
what about that? :s

proud_indian

Country flag
brother this is not my concern

i am concerned about this part

"The Brahmos 2 range will be the same as Brahmos 1"

prahladh

Respected Member
But. doesn't anything that comes out of Brahmos aerospace comes under MTCR.

Country flag
we have to report it like that to keep an element of suprise and keep th MCTR fans happy, i doubt a hypersonic missile would be limited by a short range.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
There is high possibility that even range of Brahomos is declared 290km to eneble Russia to comply with MCTR Act. Actual range may be more. Anyway they claimed they have achieved 5.8 Mach in lab....hope they will be able to do it in reality....and about range..our Scientists are working on it for 10 years. Hope they have acquired enough knowledge to carry on the project.
One more thing, Brahmos Corp is a company.....will it be fall under MCTR if they employ or hire Russian engineers.

Country flag
any missile range can be manipulated by changing the payload, what is 300km range missile with full payload will be a 600km missile at 1/2 payload.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles