Hypersonic Missile NonproliferationHindering the Spread of a New Class of Weapons

sthf

Country flag
@sayareakd What's funny about this "US & China don't WANT supersonic cruise missiles" is that neither are capable of repeating the feat Russians achieved in the 80s.

US found out it in the RATTLR program that it can't replicate the Russian success and China, since it couldn't get hold of Onyx from either Russia or Ukraine like it used to, is still using subsonic Ashm with lower range than Brahmos.

But hey, we'd bored if Chinis don't come here and do China stronk.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Or you answer my question first.
In the link provided by you, where does it say anything about this "SYNTHETIC APERTURE RADAR" ? And flying as low as 10m?

Very interesting, I have googled your magic X-BAND SAR, but can't find any source link it to Brahmos or terrain hugging. Do you mind providing your source?

Do you understand what is "Terrain Hugging" capability?
Use Google over Beidou..... And please use glasses.... Probably some glaucoma is hurting.....
IMG_20171018_165106_028.jpg

And search again on Indian media for indian made products, not on Chinese media
Seeker for BrahMos Mini-1.jpg

This time please use eyes
Seeker for BrahMos Mini-2.JPG.jpg

And in the end again, do research on authentic media, not on sold media

Avoid Beidou for research.... BrahMos Navy skims as low as 3m
IMG_20171018_170038_480.jpg

Please kindly educate us, what Terrain hugging /Terrain following /Nap of the earth is.

no smoking

Country flag

Craigs

Country flag
Check your link, it says this radar is used for changing the path instead of terrain hugging.
You wanted a reference for X-band SAR seeker which you were 'googling' for unsuccessfully. Read the article and form your own conclusions.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Dude, flying as low as 3m above the sea level is NOT terrain hugging.
I am really surprised that you don't even know what is Terrain hugging, but anyway, here is your information:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrain-following_radar
Kindly explain in your own language..... Which says, flying as low as 10mts at terminal phase in all weather terrain is not considered is not considered as terrain following....

no smoking

Country flag
Kindly explain in your own language..... Which says, flying as low as 10mts at terminal phase in all weather terrain is not considered is not considered as terrain following....
Well, honey, that is not terrain following! There is no need for a missile to have terrain hugging capability above the sea. This capability is used for those flying above the ground. These missiles can detect the geographic obstacles in their path and automatically adjust their flying altitude accordingly. So, in their journey, they always keep a constant altitude above the ground, no matter plain or mountain.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Btw just for records ISRO RLV achived 4.7 mach, in future it is supposed to achieve Hypersonic speeds, ATV which had hypersonic engines was tested, now one of the engine will be put on RLV in future.

Next test is landing of RLV on runway.
Than return flight experiment (REX) and scramjet propulsion experiment (SPEX). Reusable Launch Vehicle Technology Demonstrator Hypersonic Experiment (RLV-TD HEX1) wherein the hypersonic aero-thermo dynamic characterization of winged re-entry body along with autonomous mission management to land at a specified location and characterization of hot structures are planned to be demonstrated.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Well, honey, that is not terrain following! There is no need for a missile to have terrain hugging capability above the sea. This capability is used for those flying above the ground. These missiles can detect the geographic obstacles in their path and automatically adjust their flying altitude accordingly. So, in their journey, they always keep a constant altitude above the ground, no matter plain or mountain.
Kindly don't mix my two arguments. For Sea it is called sea skimming, which BrahMos flies as low as 3mts, and 10mts above ground for Block III of BrahMos land version, SAR maps the coming obstacles and then guide the missile for its terminal stage, flying as low as possible.

no smoking

Country flag
SAR maps the coming obstacles and then guide the missile for its terminal stage, flying as low as possible.
Clearly, in the link provided by other Indian member, SAR doesn't detect the coming obstacles. It only serves the flight route monitoring.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
As per
Lightning Bolts: First Maneuvering Reentry Vehicles
Book by William Yengst; all Indian S2S could glide. From Prithvi1 to Agni 4; which is actually A5. (DRDO that time was playing with names).

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Clearly, in the link provided by other Indian member, SAR doesn't detect the coming obstacles. It only serves the flight route monitoring.
Where are those links.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

no smoking

Country flag
As per
Lightning Bolts: First Maneuvering Reentry Vehicles
Book by William Yengst; all Indian S2S could glide. From Prithvi1 to Agni 4; which is actually A5. (DRDO that time was playing with names).
That is very interesting. As I read thorough the book, regarding India part, it talks about MRV which has nothing to do with gliding vehicle. More interestingly, the book was only talking about Agni 1, 2, 3, there is no mention of Agni 4. But we know why, because this book first published in 2010 while Agni 4 was first tested in Nov 2011. Certainly William Yengst can't talk about something not appeared yet.

So, no, this book doesn't say that India's tested or produced any glide RV. You are welcome to provide anything I missed.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
That is very interesting. As I read thorough the book, regarding India part, it talks about MRV which has nothing to do with gliding vehicle. More interestingly, the book was only talking about Agni 1, 2, 3, there is no mention of Agni 4. But we know why, because this book first published in 2010 while Agni 4 was first tested in Nov 2011. Certainly William Yengst can't talk about something not appeared yet.

So, no, this book doesn't say that India's tested or produced any glide RV. You are welcome to provide anything I missed.
Its my mistake, i was reading another one with that, it says about A4. Still he was talking about Prithvi to A3.

123.jpg

no smoking

Country flag
Its my mistake, i was reading another one with that, it says about A4. Still he was talking about Prithvi to A3.

View attachment 21337
But the author says nothing to verify your claim -- that all the warheads of India ballistic missiles can glide. So far, we haven't see any evidence to suggest that these RV could glide except Indian scientists words and PPT.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
But the author says nothing to verify your claim -- that all the warheads of India ballistic missiles can glide. So far, we haven't see any evidence to suggest that these RV could glide except Indian scientists words and PPT.
On the next test we will ask Chinese and Pak to witness it, from their own land.
Just for records K5 will be tested. Infra set up.

no smoking

Country flag
Less than 1 year, all funds sanctioned, infrastructure coming up.
Just for clarifying, do you mean that K5 will have first time launch test within 1 year even though your K4 has not finish the testing stage yet?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles