Hyperloop

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Your source please.
=======================================================================================
What do you mean by source?

It's the nature of feasibility study.

Comparative analysis is a big part of feasibility study, hyperloop does not even have a working prototype to compare.

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag

Comparative analysis is a big part of feasibility study, hyperloop does not even have a working prototype to compare.
Hyperloop concept was first mentioned in 2012 and published in 2013,
hyperloop does not even have a working prototype to compare.
What are you smoking?
Hyper loop prototype was tested just a year back and it was very successful. Heck a Bengaluru firm is making one right now.
Source:-http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a20830/hyperloop-one-open-track-propulsion-test/ ( Prototype testing)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...erloop-pod-prototype/articleshow/58593065.cms ( Bharatiyan prototype)

Bhai no offence but i want to know the geniuses behind this.
BTW Hyperloop is open source too.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Shouldn't we opt for hyperloops instead of bullet trains....
Have you ever wondered why a superpower like USA never introduced HSR or fancyloops? It doesn't suit their system and economy. They have big airline business and lots of Oil.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hyperloop concept was first mentioned in 2012 and published in 2013,

What are you smoking?
Hyper loop prototype was tested just a year back and it was very successful. Heck a Bengaluru firm is making one right now.
Source:-http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a20830/hyperloop-one-open-track-propulsion-test/ ( Prototype testing)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...erloop-pod-prototype/articleshow/58593065.cms ( Bharatiyan prototype)

Bhai no offence but i want to know the geniuses behind this.
BTW Hyperloop is open source too.

Let me reiterate and expand on my initial point.

As of 2017.... if Indian Govt does a feasibility study, hyperloop will not pass.

As of 2017.... hyper loop is at a very initial stages of prototyping.

As of 2017... I know about the hyperloop test site. It is at a technological demonstrator stage. Lots more is yet to done to prove that it is commercially viable.

As of 2017, I'm not saying hyperloop will never come to India. Five/ten years down the line maybe it's possible.

As of 2017, chances are slim for India.

Hope I am clear..

Aghore_King

Country flag
Have you ever wondered why a superpower like USA never introduced HSR or fancyloops? It doesn't suit their system and economy. They have big airline business and lots of Oil.
Yeah..right....US doesn't have high speed railway....

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
How do you know? Please enlighten me.
Bhai 100km/hr mein toh train palat jati hai tum hyperloop kahan se pass karwaoge. Aur pass karega kon, babus jinko hyperloop chai ki channi se milta julta lagta hai?

Bullet to aney do sir. 250km/hr tak toh pohoch jaye, phir hyperloop kay sapney bhi le lenge.
Abhi bullet ke sapney dekho.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How do you know? Please enlighten me.
Let me try...

Again as of 2017..

Simply put.

At this point in time they will not be able to accurately calculate the project cost. Accurate Project cost cannot be calculated because all components required are not built yet. It's not like the developers of hyperloop are going finish the development and get it certified in this year itself, they have a long way to go.

IndianHawk

Country flag
They are not densely populate. Population density is much higher in Europe,Japan and China all of which went for HSR.

India has even higher population density than above. We need HSR. Even if we develop aerospace industry as big as USA it will still be able to serve just 400 million people while we'll have 1000 million more!!!

We need HSR ,semi HSR , hyperloop , aerospace , express ways , more expressways and much more:scared2:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Bhai 100km/hr mein toh train palat jati hai tum hyperloop kahan se pass karwaoge. Aur pass karega kon, babus jinko hyperloop chai ki channi se milta julta lagta hai?
Bhai feasibility study chalu ho gyi hai Andhra me . Amravathi and Vijayawada route is being studied for hyperloop.

Let the results come out. Maybe they will deem it unsafe , may be cost will be prohibitive as hyperloop needs fully vacuum tube. We don't know??

Let them come up with reports.

Remember elon musk is the guy who landed a space rocket vertically on the ground. Everybody knew it was possible theoretically , nobody could do it practically then came musk !

Hyperloop works perfectly in theory let's see what musk & company can deliver practically.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Such trains need time to time regular maintenance. No small issue must be neglected. As per present mind set of government babus , if such high systems maintenance are neglected results would be catastrophic. We must make our own systems which are feasible to us. Development doesn't mean we just get from west and install over here. Stick to one model.
Metro is much better , cheap and running fine. Then I don't understand why one should go for something which is still to test.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
need HSR ,semi HSR , hyperloop , aerospace , express ways , more expressways and much more:scared2:
Remove hyperloop, it won't come in the next 40 years.
Bhai feasibility study chalu ho gyi hai Andhra me . Amravathi and Vijayawada route is being studied for hyperloop.
They will later use this for studying aerospace designs. And vacuum tunnelling for particle physics

IndianHawk

Country flag
Then I don't understand why one should go for something which is still to test.
Then we must test ourselves and make protocols. We are building fast breeder reactors too , which are new , high maintenance. In we want to be a rich nation then we must take bold steps otherwise we'll keep following west for centuries.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Remove hyperloop, it won't come in the next 40 years.
Why are you so sure???
High speed railways is 50 year old technology today. It's about time for a technological revolution in railways.

It will be operational in about 20 years. And if we remain aloof we will miss it too.
And then 20 more years later we'll be inviting USA , chinese experts for bringing hyperloop to India. We need to step up.
We need to build at least few hyperloop railways even if it fails. We will still learn a lot. And if it succeeds benefits will be enormous.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Then we must test ourselves and make protocols. We are building fast breeder reactors too , which are new , high maintenance. In we want to be a rich nation then we must take bold steps otherwise we'll keep following west for centuries.
For now there is financing problem, especially long term financing to spend on experimental projects.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Why are you so sure???
High speed railways is 50 year old technology today. It's about time for a technological revolution in railways.

It will be operational in about 20 years. And if we remain aloof we will miss it too.
And then 20 more years later we'll be inviting USA , chinese experts for bringing hyperloop to India. We need to step up.
We need to build at least few hyperloop railways even if it fails. We will still learn a lot. And if it succeeds benefits will be enormous.
For such high speed tech , we require high budget , you must have heard that only 4% of indian population is paying taxes. And many business fellas in vizag are furious at GST .
I never say we must not learn. But we need to upgrade / change the way of government universities because they upto no good. Invest more on research first.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
Why are you so sure???
Yes. We need to experiment and it is high time India starts investing in R&D. We are already lagging in the technological race. If we want to own the future, stand up with chest high, we need to invest in R&D. We have the brains for it. The govt. should make sure that importance to marks is given less preference, and everyone should get down to make their hands dirty in their respective field. Our corporates' are misers when compared to their western counterparts. I have rarely heard them investing in R&D. So, it is high time they invest in Universities/colleges for R&D. Automatically, we will become better.

For such high speed tech , we require high budget
Agreed. But, that should deter the govt. in spending, or requesting the corporates to join them in investing.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why are you so sure???
Let's first experience 300kms on rail first. Hyperloop may come but a different and low level version of it. Reduced speed max 600kms per hour.

Hyperloop would be successful for long distances. Not short.

No, HSR concept is 50 years old. The technology and improvements are not outdated.
the digitisation of onboard computers, the signalling and the safety measures are advance technology. And the advantage is it runs on electricity.

India needs HSR right now.

The Last Stand

Country flag
I'd love it if Elon Musk builds a prototype that's not extremely downscaled, and demonstrates how he can produce the kind of vacuum needed for hyperloop and prove that it's not dangerously unsafe if there's a leak.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles