Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi with Hezbollah Commander

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Seems like an old photo, but I saw it for the first time.
And he's supposed to be on the National Integration Council ?!

Iamanidiot

Lurker Owaisi sometimes does diplomacy for the Indian government and in Hyd his influence will be over old city only.The meanest and most dangerous dogs in Hyd are Yadavs and Rayalseema ,coastal thugs

pmaitra

Lurker Owaisi sometimes does diplomacy for the Indian government and in Hyd his influence will be over old city only.The meanest and most dangerous dogs in Hyd are Yadavs and Rayalseema ,coastal thugs
Are you from Andhra Pradesh? If yes, I can see you might have differences with people from certain parts of Andhra Pradesh. I don't think it is fair to generalise.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Are you from Andhra Pradesh? If yes, I can see you might have differences with people from certain parts of Andhra Pradesh. I don't think it is fair to generalise.
He is correct in his generalisation. Also I think Idiot himself is from coast...

Iamanidiot

What Iam saying Owaisi is not the force to reckon in hyd.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Owassi is a force to reckon with in Old Hyderabad.

The chaos that MIM can create is to be seen to be believed.

I was involved in controlling one riot and he and his father caused it with the help of YSR and then he bolted leaving the mess to his 'soldiers'!

Last edited:

sob

Mod
Country flag
An Indian Politician with a terrorist and that too on the hit list of your biggest arms supplier--- this is a big shocker. what does the good Mr.Owassi has to say about this. Or does local politics trump national interests.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Come on guys, he is a Hizbullah Commander not a cold blood terrorist whom we feed Biryani - he is even better for secularism and NGO business in India (more dope for the GOI's bootlickers)!!

Owasis is doing a good job entertaining such people; they might come handy when some paki kids decide to go on a Kuffar killing spree in Mumbai or Delhi.....As, our secular GOI is busy crying for terrorists and Delhi police which is under home ministry is busy arresting ATS officers (in the middle of anti-terror operations) on charges levied by alleged terrorists (yes, a phone call from an alledged terrorist and Delhi police will arrest anyone - if they can arrest ATS guys, then trust me that - you and me are cannon fodder for a terrorist serving police and GOI ) and further claim the alleged terrorists to be their informers and not terrorists! I believe we should employ Hizbullah-Zchiszbullah for our protection and pvt. security - if you do not want to be a sacrificial lamb for the prorogation of secularism! I trust Hizbullah more than the Italian mafia , its coterie, and extended family of thugs! :)

Express exclusive: Delhi cops disrupt ATS ‘operation’ in city - Indian Express

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
I am no fan of Asaduddin Owaisi, but this was not just a visit in his individual capacity but a planned non-diplomatic visit by the GoI.

This photograph is when he went as part of a delegation represent GoI to Syria and Lebanon after the 2006 bombing of southern Lebanon by Israel. He was received by Indian embassy staff in Syria and Lebanon and was probably chaperoned by them as well. I am not sure who the person is in the picture. Most likely Syrian by his looks or a Lebanese politician. Military commanders of the Hezbullah hide their faces and never come on camera because they don't want to get assassinated obviously.

Most likely he is a member of the Hizbulla which is a political party in power in southern Lebanon as well. After all, the fact that Hizbulla was able to make the Israeli army withdraw from southern Lebanon makes them very popular among a section of Lebanese and not just religious Muslims. Here are some pictures of Hezbulla supporters for example
Your average Hezbollah-supporter looks like this… « Ibn Kafka's obiter dicta – divagations d'un juriste marocain en liberté surveillée

I remember this because I was in Hyd in 2006 and his three day visit to Lebanon and Syria was trumpeted by the MIM backed media of how "great" he is and how much concern he has. Of course, the fine print that his visit was sponsored and paid by the GoI was not mentioned.

MPs usually go to different countries for good will visits and other sort of collaborative efforts. For example, very recently you had Shahsi Tharoor and Mani Shankar Aiyar go to Pakistan individually and in between we had full panel of all party MPs going to Pakistan as well.

I couldn't find an English article about his visit to Syria and south Lebanon but here is a rough translation in my own words from Urdu in Itemaad online but this article pretty much is a good overview of what the visit was about.
ETEMAADDAILY

Hyderabad LOK SABHA MP Asad owaisi is the first Indian diplomat to visit Lebanon and syria after the war , Asaddudin is represeting the GoI on goodwill visit and to show the support of Indian muslims in the wake of death and massive destruction over there. According to reports, Mr. Owaisi flew from delhi to damascus and was welcomed there by Indian embassy staff and while his stay in Damascus was for 3 days, he visited historic and Islamic holy shrines as well as the grand Ummayad mosque. Afterwards, he went to Beirut by road and during his stay there he visited Hezbollah MPs and visited southern Beirut which was bombed repeated by Israeli war planes. From there he visited and went with social workers and aid activists to Qana and visited a place where a building collapse due to an Israeli airstrike had killed 57 civilians. Mr Owaisi even visited the port city of Tyre and met its mayor Mr Ali Musharraf.

There then some description of the war that went on for 34 days and how whole villages had been emptied/destroyed.

He also gave an exclusive interview to Al manar TV (owned by Hezbullah) and said that he has come to Lebanon to show his solidarity with the Lebanese people and that the Indian govt. has condemned the war in Lebanon as well as announcing humanitarian aid worth 10 million USD to the Lebanese govt. Owaisi also met with other Lebanese MPs and visited the Indian embassy in Beirut as well as the ambassador and staff there.

He visited Hezbullah chairman for economic and R&D Dr. Ali Fayad and southern commander Hasan Hubullah. He also met the Lebanese parliament speaker Nabil Berri. He mentioned that peace can't be achieved in the region until Israel withdraws from occupied territories.

Then some rhetoric about Israel attacking civilians and willfully damaging infrastructure is an act of state terrorism and that both India and Lebanon are victims of such terrorism.

For those who are unaware of ME politics, India has a very good image in Palestine, Lebanon and Syria (although with the last vote in the UNSC, I might be doubtful about Syria at present). This visit was in 2006 and in 2007, Hezbollah praised the Indian army peacekeepers when the Hezbullah spokesperson was invited by the GoI to New Delhi to participate in a West Asia conference.

This is how diplomacy works and we should keep in mind that the more influence India has in this region, the more stable it can make this region by asserting its influence.
Hezbollah praises Indian Army; seeks diplomatic support - India - DNA

KS

Bye bye DFI
Be it 2008...Did the GoI actually send this thug/rowdy to parley with an international terrorist network ? Oh I forgot it was the Congress that was ruling at that time !

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Bill Clinton with a Palestinian Terrorist.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Arafat was not a terrorist.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ask the Israelis.
Are you an Israeli? :rofl:

The Middle East Peace Summit at Camp David of July 2000 took place between United States President Bill Clinton, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, and Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles