SpArK

SORCERER
The full version

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bot

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
As far as i have read the incidents at Longewala was asked to be probed by a commision of the army to find out the facts as stated , because many believed it was a bit too inflated than the real event that took place.

Any further report form that probe i could not find in detail but would be interesting to know what deviations are mentioned in the new report from that old one way back.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Couple years back I read a book "Greatest military disasters" in which there's only mention at all, of India or Pakistan. The chapter on Longewala defeat of Pakistan :D

Regards,
Virendra

Bot

Non stop posting
Banned
@Bot just watch hindi movie Border.
I did watch the movie and it was too melodramatic , obviously aimed at the masses , what i expected is a read up of the two different versions of reports done in 1970 and 2010, obviously there will be some stark differences.

Redhawk

This is an excellent documentary. The IAF and Indian Army officers who were participants in the battle are interviewed which makes it really very interesting.

I can't understand the Pakistani army launching an armoured thrust without close air support. That was sheer incompetence.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles