Human Rights Violations in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Respected Member
I have serious concerns that I need to express.

1. Russian brutality against Chechens.

2. Russian brutality against Georgians.

3. Russian stealing of Georgian land as recognized by U.N. borders.

4. Russian killing of dozens of journalists.

5. Russian unfair imprisonment of Khordovsky on fake charges.

6. Russian killing of Khordovsky's lawyer by denying medical treatment.

7. Russian brutality towards non-White foreigners in Russia by allowing Neo-Nazi Skinheads to kill them with lenient legal repercussions.

8. Russian corruption in permitting massive accumulation of wealth among Siloviki and Russian oligarchs while the average Russian starves.

9. Russian refusal to address HIV, tuberculosis, and drug epidemics in Russia, which leads to the early death of thousands of Russians.

10. Russian dioxin poisoning of neighboring heads-of-state that it doesn't like. See http://www.solomonia.com/blog/archives/005145.shtml

I am very concerned about Russian citizen welfare. I invite everyone to express their opinions or list articles regarding any of the above-listed topics or any concerns that you may have about Russian violations of human rights.

When I have time, I will find the articles that show that Russians butchered about 1 to 2 million innocent Afghan citizens during Russia's illegal invasion of Afghanistan during 1979 to 1989.

Martian

Respected Member
Come on people. Don't be shy.

Aren't we all in favor of more humane treatment of our fellow human beings?

Russia is a big country. There are 142 million Russians, whose human rights can be improved.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

This is an appeal to our Russian friends, who understand Russia from the inside. Tell us what you want the Russian government to fix and improve.

Are you worried that the average Russian male is dying too early at age 60 from alcoholism? Do you want the Russian government to fund programs like the U.S.'s Alcoholic Anonymous to help those with a drinking problem?

Are you upset with the millions of unsafe and unsanitary abortions occurring throughout the country? Are you angry that millions of Russian women are left infertile and barren due to botched abortions from incompetent or unlicensed doctors who probably don't sterilize their equipment? Should the Russian government fund government-operated abortion clinics to protect the health of Russian women?

Let me hear about your ideas of improving Russian human rights and society.

Together, after we collect all of our concerns about Russian human rights deficiencies, we'll make sure that the democratic Russian government hear our voice.

We will send our collective concerns to the Russian embassy.

Embassy of the Russian Federation, main page

Caveat: If you live in Russia, please do not risk your life or bodily injury by complaining about Putin's policies. I hear the Tsar does not brook dissent. But for everybody else, please join this important endeavor.

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Please post your concerns. I think, but I am not 100% sure, that you're safe from the KGB/FSB here.

Martian

Respected Member
I know a lot of you is sitting on the fence and thinking: "Yes, the top ten list of Russian brutalities worries my conscience and the deplorable health of Russian men and women shows government neglect of Russian human rights, but...."

To try to persuade you fence-sitters, we will delve deeper into Russian behavior that occurred earlier this year.

Russia cuts off gas supplies to Europe - Scotsman.com News

"RUSSIA cut off all gas supplies to Europe today...."

Now, I ask you. Is it right for the Russians to cut off "heating" gas to cold Europeans in the middle of last winter and freeze them into ice cubes?

Are you with me that Russians have grossly trampled on European human rights? How can Europeans have human rights when they're frozen and dead?

Come on people. Speak up! I won't tell Putin about your post.

If you don't hurry up and say something, do you really want to be partly responsible (through silence) when Putin starts freezing more Europeans into ice cubes this winter?

[mod]Martian, if people find the posts interesting they will reply, no need for you to flame bait to get response. One more attempt at flame baiting will get you a ban. Take this as a strong warning[/mod]

Quickgun Murugan

Come on people. Don't be shy.

Aren't we all in favor of more humane treatment of our fellow human beings?

Russia is a big country. There are 142 million Russians, whose human rights can be improved.

Caveat: If you live in Russia, please do not risk your life or bodily injury by complaining about Putin's policies. I hear the Tsar does not brook dissent. But for everybody else, please join this important endeavor.

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
I know a lot of you is sitting on the fence and thinking: "Yes, the top ten list of Russian brutalities worries my conscience and the deplorable health of Russian men and women shows government neglect of Russian human rights, but...."

To try to persuade you fence-sitters, we will delve deeper into Russian behavior that occurred earlier this year.
It is just that, we are sitting in glass house ourselves. As long as there is corruption, there will be violations.

I personally do not know know much about Russia or its problems. But, raising or discussing Russia's human rights problems will not be of any use here as this forum ain't UN.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
MARTIAN,

You are free to chronicle and discuss HR violations in Russia but we are a lobby neutral forum. If you wish to clean up the thread to reflect the forum rules then PM me.

Thread Closed pending Deletion.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
[mod]Martian,

you watch out for the stuff you say to the mods, i do not want to see you say what you said about nitesh on the forum again. you have an issue, there is a PM feature, use it.
[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles