Huawei and ZTE Under Investigation by Indian Intelligence Agencies

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Against every agency's input that Zero loss chimp fooled this nation, with many of his sophisticated excuses and help of its media outlets who made sure all those who were crying from roof tops be kept unheard off.

This investigation must include role of Kapil Sibal and Man Mohan Singh on how much bribe they have earned and why Chinese were allowed in India in the first place.

fallenwarrior

Country flag
Sir I did a vocational training with BSNL at Kolkata and I was amazed at our dependence with ZTE & Huawei.Save few BTS of Seimens most of the equipments are of ZTE and Huawei...I didn't care to remember which where but I know all mobile calls in the WB circle (incoming+outgoing) must go through these very machines-the chance to spy upon us is tremendous and we ourselves provided that.

Kyubi

Country flag
Its hightime nations boycott products having affiliations to PRC or PLA.
Such incidents should be used to promote products from the local market. The move will be well justified .
But do we the industrial base to counter these products, our semi-conductor industry is nothing when compared with the chinese industry. they clearly have a numero uno status in electronics and semi-conductor manufacturing, boycotting may not be an option but strong arming these chinese companies is the way forward until we establish a tangible, potent and a reliable electronics and semi-conductor facility..

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned
Chinese firm Huawei allegedly hacked BSNL network: Government | NDTV.com

Chinese telecom equipment maker Huawei allegedly hacked state-owned BSNL's network and the government is investigation the matter, Parliament was informed on Wednesday.

"An incident about alleged hacking of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited network by Huawei, a Chinese telecom company, has come to notice.

"The government has constituted an inter-ministerial team to investigate the matter," Minister of State for Communications and IT Killi Kruparani informed the Lok Sabha.

There were reports of a mobile tower being impacted a few months ago in coastal area of Andhra Pradesh that was attributed to hacking by the company's engineers.

The written reply of the minister did not share any detail of the incident.

BSNL had awarded a major part of its network expansion tender of about 10.15 million lines to another Chinese company ZTE in 2012.

Huawei was also top contender in this bid but the company declined to supply equipments at low price quoted by ZTE.

A Parliamentary committee in 2012 had recommended that the government test the telecom equipment for security, against the backdrop of Chinese companies becoming biggest suppliers of hardware and software to Indian firms.

The committee has suggested government to consider United States model of auditing telecom equipments that can have serious security implications.

In 2012, a committee of US lawmakers on intelligence warned of cyber espionage threats from telecom networks built by Chinese companies and suggested that American companies considering to do business with Huawei and ZTE should look for other vendors.

The charges were strongly denied by both the Chinese companies.

desicanuk

Amazing GOI has not banned ZTE and Huawei from selling their products and equipment in India.!!
Or have I got it wrong.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nokia bags Rs 7,500 cr deal from Airtel to deploy 5G network across 9 service areas in India.

Oops !

Not long ago, Mr. Mittal said something else :hmm:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles