How would China manage three fronts?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
officier.are you a real colonel?If you are a real one.I am pretty shocked by your unknownness of history.
No, he is not a Colonel.

He is in a comic Opera conducted by you!

And I am also a part of not being what I am!

Officer of Engineers

Professional
*** Sigh ***

I retired with the rank of Lieutenant-Colonel from the Canadian Forces. Though I am a PLA watcher, my job was alwasy in Europe, initially with the 4th Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group and then with CANBAT in UNPROFOR.

As per your links, not only am I fully aware of them but they are also extremely lacking in nuainces and actual history. Did you know that Brezhnev actually asked Nixon for permission to attack China?

As per the 1st and 2nd Sino-VN War, they are far more complex than an initial scan would suggest. Tell me why the best armies, the 38 and 39 stayed north instead of committing to a war of national interest (600,000 mobilized, 200,000 entered into hostile theatre).

Also, I can tell you that the LOC issue during the 1st and 2nd Sino-VN Wars were not easily solved. During the 1979 War, the "pause" came a full 10 days earlier than planned and during the 2nd, penetration was restricted to 30 miles beyond the border mainly by political reasons but also by the PLA's lack of ability to support any penetration further than that.

What were you saying about me unknowning history?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Can we now go back to the topic?

The Colonel has already explained that he understand the Chinese army issue quite comprehensively.

Officer of Engineers

Professional
Sir,

Of the three scenarios, only Taiwan required a direct military intervention because it directly goes against the CCP's tenets, ie the unification of China.

Korea is a hell of a lot more complex. The Chinese don't mind a united Korea under Seoul or even under Kim for that matter but they do need, I mean need, not want, but need the Americans to stabilize a united Korea.

The major fear for Beijing is that a untied Korea would easily, extremely easily, goto war with Japan, forcing China to choose sides ... and there is little doubt which side she would choose and it's not sipping sake in Tokyo.

Such a war would cripple NE Asian trade ... and therefore, China.

Given these two events, India rates an extreme third, especially when you consider what either side has to gain - a bunch of rocks.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Pakistan's economy is in bad shape agreed but our economy is pretty isolated therefore, any war won;t hurt us very much.
US pressure, well against China , US pressure won;t work well.
Even if Govt won;t intervene, volunteers from Pakistan will love to fight for China against India
There seem to be no Pakistani volunteers for fighting for your Islamic brothers in Palestine (about whom you make so much noise) but you will find volunteers to fight for kaafir, pork eating, Godless Communist China that has its own issues with Muslims in Uighur.

Is this what the Islamic Republic has come to!

Country flag
Some other questions that could be asked??

what would USA and Japans roles be??
Could India use this as an opportunity possibly with USA to take out Pakistan nukes maybe split the country?? this would be more likely than Indian aggression toward China.
what roles would neighboring states nepal, bhutan,sikkim play??

Country flag
There seem to be no Pakistani volunteers for fighting for your Islamic brothers in Palestine (about whom you make so much noise) but you will find volunteers to fight for kaafir, pork eating, Godless Communist China that has its own issues with Muslims in Uighur.

Is this what the Islamic Republic has come to!
Pakistan volunteers are irrelevant and would not make a .1% difference, no need to derail the thread.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Some other questions that could be asked??

what would USA and Japans roles be??
US and Japan might seek to jump in and stabilize North Korea under their command, similar to Iraq. Japan will be rid of a crazy 'missile-test' obsessed neighbour, while the US will get a foothold into Asia, and stabilize(as a democracy) one of the most rogue and fiercely communist nations.

Could India use this as an opportunity possibly with USA to take out Pakistan nukes maybe split the country??
Such a conflict will have nothing to do with Pakistan. If we attempt to intervene, we'll be aggressors. Secondly, splitting countries ain't any joke, nor would it benefit us in any way.

this would be more likely than Indian aggression toward China.
what roles would neighboring states nepal, bhutan,sikkim play??
Nepal - Most probably nothing. Depends on the Chinese influence, and the power to communists around that time.
Bhutan - No role. China wouldn't be stupid enough to invade Bhutan to reach India. Nor vice versa.
Sikkim - ?? Sikkim is an Indian state ! Since when did it become a "neighbouring state" ? :eek:

Country flag
Only way i see India being involved is if China asks their proxy pakistan to tie down India while they deal with USA in the other two fronts, India would have t be involed wether they want to or not with Pakistan playing the stooge.

natarajan

Those who think of splitting pakistan should rewind the 1971 war as all our efforts gone into vein and they may again unite but its our soldiers and resources which are going to be wasted,they wont even have gratitude towards us and may join with our enemy like bangaladesh with china

natarajan

Only way i see India being involved is if China asks their proxy pakistan to tie down India while they deal with USA in the other two fronts, India would have t be involed wether they want to or not with Pakistan playing the stooge.
at present usa wont engage chinese atleast in this decade

advaita

The whole idea was so out and out hypothetical.
And boy such a long debate.::LOL:
Nobody gains everybody looses.
I think there are better chances of coming together of China+Russia in a huge covert war for pushing up oil prices for the rest of the world (easily doable and huge ramifications for the players involved).

China vs. US over SK or even Japan. Forget it...
Indians probably would remain out of it. Nothing to gain from a cat fight.

Blademaster

US and Japan might seek to jump in and stabilize North Korea under their command, similar to Iraq. Japan will be rid of a crazy 'missile-test' obsessed neighbour, while the US will get a foothold into Asia, and stabilize(as a democracy) one of the most rogue and fiercely communist nations.
Japan will not be allowed to interfere in any operations in the Korea penisula such as US did not allow Israel any say or action in any operations in the Gulf War and went so far as to put Israel on the leash even though Israel was attacked with Scud missiles. Japan will receive the same treatment from US as the Israel in the Gulf War. The only thing Japan can do is provide material supports to US forces and pass materials to S. Koreans using US as an intermediary.

As for China bogging down in other conflicts, I do not think that Indian leaders have the guts or foresight to take back the land of Askin Chin or deal with Pakistan on its terms. It would be better if India seize Askin China and not only that but also the land where the Karaokoam highway so that way China cannot ever provide material support to Pakistan through land but through sea which is a tenous position since IN can blockade Pakistan ports.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Japan will not be allowed to interfere in any operations in the Korea penisula such as US did not allow Israel any say or action in any operations in the Gulf War and went so far as to put Israel on the leash even though Israel was attacked with Scud missiles. Japan will receive the same treatment from US as the Israel in the Gulf War. The only thing Japan can do is provide material supports to US forces and pass materials to S. Koreans using US as an intermediary.
You have a point there.
Japan has too many problems with all her neighbours. Japan and S.Korea wouldn't be working together.

blackgoat

As for China bogging down in other conflicts, I do not think that Indian leaders have the guts or foresight to take back the land of Askin Chin or deal with Pakistan on its terms. It would be better if India seize Askin China and not only that but also the land where the Karaokoam highway so that way China cannot ever provide material support to Pakistan through land but through sea which is a tenous position since IN can blockade Pakistan ports.
i suggest indians take over silicon valley

:113:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
XH
Ob btw, dumbass, can you tell me who made the decision to launch the 1979 1st Sino-VN War and why? By the same token, came you tell me why was the 1984 2nd Sino-VN War was launched?

I am not Chinese. I am ethnic Chinese but I am 100% pure Canadian ... and that is something I know you don't understand.

That being said, I am going to challenge you on Chinese history ... which I know you're lacking, especially abouit the PLA. Can you tell me why Gen Cao earned his stipes to become the CDS? Can you also tell me why WZC became the favoured doctrine, especially when "local wars under high technology conditions" became such a failure?

Do you know how brigadization became? Also, why China went to a 200 nuclear warhead arsenals instead of the 2000-5000 that she already had the stocks for?

In other words, L I T T L E B O Y !!!!, I already have the answers that you don't.
Sir, it might be too late to ask, but can you answer these questions for me?
Why did China go for a 200 nuclear arsenal instead of the 2000-5000 one?
Also, what exactly is WZC is why did it become prominent?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
India, Taiwan, and Korea. The power disparity has grown so much in the last 60 years between the US and China that there is nothing they can do except ship arms. They already have their forces predeployed against Taiwan so they would do what they plan to do. Bomb the hell out of it. They can only transport so many forces by sea so the numbers would be low. They would still have plenty to attack India.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
A PRC vs. Taiwan scenario would be very interesting. With 144 F-16s, 56 Mirage 2000-5s, 127 indigenous Ching-Kuos, and 6 AWACS the ROCAF is no pushover. I think in terms of quality the ROCAF is at least at par with the PLAAF, if not better.

The PLA, IMO, will rely on massive artillery srtikes on Taiwan and use ballistic missiles to hit key military installations (they have up to 600 ballistic missiles aimed at Taiwan). The PLAAF might have difficulty establishing a favorable air situation over Taiwan (anyone know how the Su-30MKK and J-10 match up with the Mirage 2000-5/F-16blk20??).

As for India, the PLA will probably rely on Kargil-style infiltrations of Indian territory with limited air support. Large-scale military operations are not feasible along the Sino-Indian border.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
PLA is going to try and take out their airfields first. That is why they want F-35B.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
PLA is going to try and take out their airfields first. That is why they want F-35B.
How will China get their hands on F-35Bs?
Also, won't it be easier for China to use SRBMs/cruise missiles with conventional warheads to destroy Taiwanese airfields?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles