How to transfer money to India from UK

Oracle

I have a bank account in UK. Now I am in India. How do I transfer money from my UK Bank A/c to my Indian Bank A/c?
I tried registering in remit2india, but could not finish it as it asks for details like UK phone no etc - since money is being transferred from UK.

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. Any other way than remit2india???

Tolaha

Let me tell you how I used to do it.

I had a UK bank account as well as ICICI NRI Bank account. First had to register my UK bank account with the ICICI NRI bank account (This requires a UK phone number as well I guess). It took more than 2 weeks to get this registered (due to some problem with ICICI UK). After that, transferred amount from my UK account to NRI account. Then from NRI account to my Indian account.

As all the 3 accounts (UK, NRI, India) were with ICICI, I think this was cheap and fast. The entire transaction would get over in a few minutes with rupees in my account.

As for your current problem... buddy, shouldnt you have fixed this up and tried to transfer atleast once when you were in UK?
When we call the NRI account helpline number, they will ask for personal details as well as the code to complete registration is sent through sms (if I remember it right). This means, it requires us or someone we trust to be present in UK. Maybe I am wrong... but this is my understanding!

Dont you have any colleagues in UK. You can always transfer it through their account. I had done something similar, but that was couple years back.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
How many million pounds do you want to transfer?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
send it to my account and if you are lucky you will get it, yusuf any number if millions will do.

Blackwater

I have a bank account in UK. Now I am in India. How do I transfer money from my UK Bank A/c to my Indian Bank A/c?
I tried registering in remit2india, but could not finish it as it asks for details like UK phone no etc - since money is being transferred from UK.

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. Any other way than remit2india???
kya yaar oracle.anyhow

do u have ur Uk debit card ? if yes, withdraw from any ATM from India.

UK online banking? if u have one, transfer it to your Indian account.

checkbook? if u have one from UK bank . sign it, cross it, and then deposit in ur indian bank

rest pm me:becky::becky::becky::becky:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Take a look at Entropay.com
Its from UK itself. They can even get you a debit card.

Maybe it can help. I use it for many transactions...

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles