How to repeal Article-370?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by aditya g, May 4, 2017.

1. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    tourism?! LOLwa. who or why would any tourist want to go a (supposedly indie) land infested by ISISpoots!

GTM900 and A chauhan like this.
  2. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Exactly, and 80 % tourists are Hindus, who won't go there after their so called "Azadi".

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    TheSeeker likes this.
  3. OneGrimPilgrim

Hindus?! bah! they'll go...poor bhaijaans are distressed; no food to eat onlee.

4. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

one advantage of 370 is if it is used to contain all trouble makers in one area

i.e do not allow their trouble-making to spread to other areas of india but keep them contained in the valley ..... this is in contrast to china where the xinjiang have been moving about and causing trouble elsewhere

then again the goi needs to organise the valley into separate districts like what israel has done in the occupied areas and a person cannot move from one area to another without papers and permission and it is a well-guarded and observed movement

by merely giving 370 special privileges and allowing the problem to continue without taking action is to allow it to continue to grow worse ..... this is not solving anything bu merely giving pakistan more and more time to do worse and worse stuff especially nowadays there is mobile phone and other forms of communications they can organise all kinds of harmful activities which they are doing

we need to do what israel is doing although we can be a bit more flexible ---- that one measure will break their organisation

but what is happening is a do nothing position and that is to say more of the same of the past 70 years .

@aditya g @prasadr14 @raja696 @A chauhan @Screambowl @charlie
    @Raj Malhotra @Nicky G
    @OneGrimPilgrim

5. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

We need propaganda machinery there, which can teach Kashmiris about the outcome of "Aazadi", that their today's energy filled stone pelting will turn into grief and sorrow.

We should devide the state into 3 parts, Kashmir, Laddakh and Jammu that will at first settle the "state with Muslim majority" problem which exists from some centuries.

Later this stone pelting and separatism can be dealt.

aditya10r likes this.
  6. aditya10r

aditya10r Mera Bharat mahan Senior Member

Ghanta just starve them to death each year....................................................

GTM900 and A chauhan like this.
  7. Project Dharma

Project Dharma दुष्ट आत्मा Senior Member

Supersedes, sorry :scared1:

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  8. OneGrimPilgrim

= supercedes.
    now dont go naara-e-taqbeering on me! :biggrin2:

aditya g and Project Dharma like this.
  9. Project Dharma

Project Dharma दुष्ट आत्मा Senior Member

Supercede has occurred as a spelling variant of supersede since the 17th century, and it is common in current published writing. It continues, however, to be widely regarded as an error.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/supercede

hehe

10. aditya10r

aditya10r Mera Bharat mahan Senior Member

my faith in humanity is dead Captureadsa.PNG

11. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

I meant LS and RS.

Technically, yes 2/3 of the house; if NDA can get opposition parties to vote along with it, yes they don't need 2/3 strength from BJP/NDA; however, which of 'secular' parties do you believe will support such a move?

No government has done anything tangible because its what the Americans call a 'wedge issue' useful for elections, thus not in interest to resolve it entirely. Also, they probably thought they couldn't get it through.

Unless you want to step aside or ignore the courts, you have to do it legally.

aditya g likes this.
  12. aditya g

aditya g Senior Member Senior Member

My expectation from NDA would have been to at least appoint a committee or circulate white paper etc

No such action done yet.

I saw Dr. Swamy video in this thread .... I doubt art 370 will be revoked by a "surgical strike" post president election. But with namo you never know

raja696 likes this.
  13. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Senior Member Senior Member

Laws and lawyers are there to be used by the power to codify and systemize the action of power, not to be bound by them and grovel before them. Just take the action and a bunch of lawyers could legalize anything and everything later.

14. Akshay_Fenix

Akshay_Fenix Member Senior Member

Dr SuSwamy is a fucking harward "economist" and not a lawyer.

In order to start the process of article 370 revocation, you need 2/3 support from state assembly.

After that you need 2/3 support in Rajya Sabha to amend the Constitution.

When shit hits the fan or when the water is so high that you start drowning, it is then Indians wake up. So I don't see any point in creating committees. Modi knows this, I think.

15. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Go through how AP was divided.
    How willing speakers and president ensured the state was divided by switching off cameras inside the parliament.

You underestimate the steps a willing govt can take if it has majority and a willing president...
    Welcome to Indian politics.

aditya g and raja696 like this.
  16. Hardi

Hardi Regular Member

BJP OR MR. MODI IS lossing Opportunity To remove 370 ....

Na hatane se bhi koi fayda nai hua to fir Hata hi deni chahiye....

j-k have not to right to aginst Govt order because Its all expence lift be120 carore indians....

17. busesaway

busesaway Regular Member

I thought I'd throw in some thoughts running around my head:

I think Modi should set up a special department that deals with Islamism and the Middle East. The department should have an office that deals with issues related to J&K, including a representative chosen department's director that oversees issues within that region.

The departmental director should also retain advisory control over the region's paramilitary and other security forces, and some control over the region's media. And maybe even an internal passport.

I also think that Modi should create a special paramilitary force that deals with all issues related to North-West India, absorbing most functions of the police and military. The police should be disbanded in favor of a combination of "community officers" that deal with minor issues and paramilitary.

raja696 likes this.
  18. aditya g

aditya g Senior Member Senior Member

:crazy::doh::frusty:

[paste:font size="5"]The Tribune on Facebook; and Twitter @thetribunechd)

In a clear signal that the Centre has no objection to the existing special status of the state, BJP national president Amit Shah declared in no uncertain terms that “the abrogation of Article 370 is not necessary for a solution to the Kashmir crisis”, a reverse gear to the core issue of the BJP since its Jan Sangh days when it fought for “one flag, one head of the state and one Constitution” for all the states in the union.

19. singhboy98

singhboy98 Regular Member

Never take such statements at face value. They are just made to buy more time. On this issue, even if the BJP wants to backtrack, the RSS won't let it.

20. Akshay_Fenix

Akshay_Fenix Member Senior Member

@aditya g

There are several issues and just abrogating the Article 370 will not solve the problem. BJP cannot do it all alone, we will discuss it at an opportune time with others,”Amit Shah said.

From "just abrogating" to "not necessary". WOW!