How to make DFI more popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I agree with Yusuf,

Politics and religious topics deal with the internal stability and integrity of the nation so they are related to defense, though we can put a limit on maximum numbers of posts on such political/religious topics e.g. 500 posts, but with the consent of the Mods we can increase it any particular thread, it's only a suggestion. One thing i would like to mention is many members are now posting One Liner replies, even i have posted some one liner posts which i don't consider good.We used to be a little more strict on this matter.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
I think we should try to encourage more female members we have always had this in mind,but Females are not attracted to defense topics. Any members have suggestions to attract more females without losing our defense focus??
females can be attracted if you start posting TV serials, cooking vids, makeup tutorials, poems, shayaris etc in chit-chat section or in separate forum where only feminine topics are discussed. i couldn't think of any other method to attract females.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Self restraint from members is the best way to conduct discussion on politics and religion threads.

Enough action has been taken in the past and continues to be taken. We try max to accommodate freedom of speech.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The other day when one of my friend tried to browse through DFI his anti-virus showed DFI as a blocked site. He uses QUICK HEAL anti-virus.

Country flag
Nearly all defense forums have political/religious section.

Point is that religious talk shouldn't be more than defense, removing it completely wouldn't be beneficial.

I think mods need to be stricter on religious topics, people generalizing and mud slinging should be warned and then banned.
These topics are usually the most active topics if we ban to fast we won't have members left to discuss them. If members can discuss in a mature way without personal attacks we usually allow a lot of leeway. Members can always report post they find offensive.

plugwater

Nearly all defense forums have political/religious section.

Point is that religious talk shouldn't be more than defense, removing it completely wouldn't be beneficial.

I think mods need to be stricter on religious topics, people generalizing and mud slinging should be warned and then banned.
Nothing will come good out of a religious thread!!

If there is a section for religions in DFI, defence talks will always be lesser than religious talks. So i guess we should rename the forum to Indian Religious Forum with some defence talks.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
While marketing a product is a good idea, one should not forget that the content must be attractive and luring.

Just a thought.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
females can be attracted if you start posting TV serials, cooking vids, makeup tutorials, poems, shayaris etc in chit-chat section or in separate forum where only feminine topics are discussed. i couldn't think of any other method to attract females.
Including that would make a mockery out of DFI.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
For Political and bureaucracy and strategical issues we have Internal security & Strategic forces sub forum..

How religion and politic is related to defense on any practical grounds ?, Further how any of India`s previous war since independence comes with religion related warfare ?
Illegal BDs in India and the politics over it is one example of how it effects national security.

Country flag
These topics would stray from our defence focus and turn the site into a gossip site.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Do not scold Pakistani posters unnecessarily. Take on them one by one not all should jump in discussion/bashing spree.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
These topics are usually the most active topics if we ban to fast we won't have members left to discuss them. If members can discuss in a mature way without personal attacks we usually allow a lot of leeway. Members can always report post they find offensive.
Allright banning would be too strict. How about ghosting them for few days from that section rather than whole forum. That way they could post on defense related topics.

Country flag
Allright banning would be too strict. How about ghosting them for few days from that section rather than whole forum. That way they could post on defense related topics.
when there are complaints against members, in almost all cases members are warned usually by email.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Religious thread indeed tend to get a bit 'boisterous' to put it most politely.

If indeed it becomes a bashing one, one way to help the Mods is to report the same with good reasons so that it can be followed up.

A great amount of debate has gone on amongst the Mods, as I have observed, on this issue and one really finds oneself out of depth.

Therefore, ideal would be to report so that things are kept under control.

I think there is also 'ghosting' them done.

In fact, I am guilty of non ghosting someone because I misunderstood the reason, there being no reason shared when the ghosting was done. It was when it was taken up that I realised that it was I who was in the wrong. I wish I knew the reason, for, then I would not have raised the issue. The Mod who 'ghosted' the person was a thorough gentleman!

This much I know is that this Forum is staffed by people who are Mods who are very fair.

And admirable is that they have no agenda to promote, be it religious, political or business or any other issues.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
when there are complaints against members, in almost all cases members are warned usually by email.
I dont think most members read there email. Some register with there secondary email.

In few forums i have seen people getting ghosted, meaning only they themselves and mods could read there posts while regular members could not. Most of the times they dont even know they've been ghosted.

Earlier on here mods use to okay posts on religious topics before they were made visible to other posters.

Country flag
i agree, so what else can we do to attract females?
This has been an issue from the beginning. If girls were more intelligent they can find a lot of guys on defence sites we have a chatbox and private email and many members are highly educated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles