How to help your country's GDP raise just like China?

Discussion in 'China' started by RedDragon, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

From my experience, to help your country get more GDP and development and your own person to get more money is just one method:"Work More".

One of the key factor of China's fast deveopment is that Chinese are willing to work more. In the factory Chinese works are willing to work more hours for extra money. They work more and product more. So the GDP of the country raised.

Take myself as an example. When I was in my twenties, I often work two jobs in the same time. Once a time, for a whole year I have worked for 3 jobs at the same time, one is the primary Job as a IT director in one company. And worked as a development director for a develop team to review their source code in the night. And worked as a tutor in an IT training school in the week end. I work very hard, in fact that year despite the part time jobs, I get a reward for my good performance in my primary Job.

It is good for both myself and my country. I have buy my own department earlier than others. And my country also develop more fast because my hard working.

Would you like to work in this way for both of youself and your country? :)

3. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

yeah in someway everyone is helping to raise their country's GDP.

Spoiler Alert: Don't raise your nation's GDP with counterfeited goods contributing 1/10th of it, like popular non-innovative neighbor country does.

4. RedDragon

RedDragon Regular Member

non-innovative, really?? As a R&D person, I don't know what I'm working for.

5. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  6. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

China is at least 25 years ahead of India in terms of socio-economic growth. It really doesn't matter how they achieved it, its working perfectly for them.

7. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

In this side everyone work more than usual specially middle class employees, professionals, workers. They usually work more than usual working hours and most of them don't get paid for it. Now tell me will chinese worker will work if they know they won't get any money for it? Indian does so who is more hard working?

I myself worked more than 12 hours in my job and sometime it get exceeded to 16 or even almost 24 hrs without any compensation and many people is dong same. Working like ant helps only in manufacturing but R&D needs money and take a lot of time.

8. nrj

:bored: I was talking about Bangladesh....

But since now you asked, let me put something --

9. captonjohn

captonjohn Regular Member

By the way another reason for India's steady growth is originality and emphasis on quality. You can not deny the fact that almost everything has been copied by chinese industries and dumped into market which is not qualitatively match the original product. Chinese growth has taken short cut by copy and dump.

10. amitkriit

Fact:
    India's export to China: 20 Billion USD, mostly raw material
    India's imports from China: 40 Billion USD, mostly finished good.

This argument of India producing original and high-quality goods doesn't pass the reality check. China produces all kinds of items from low-quality to very high-quality, u just have to find a good manufacturer/supplier.

11. tanlixiang28776

tanlixiang28776 Regular Member

Thank you for helping bringing some people back to this world. Look I'm sure India makes many quality and innovative products but it still needs improvements to match China. While 158 million dollars of counterfeit products sound like a lot its actually negligible when you consider China exports 1.5 trillion a year. In other words that accounts for .01% of Chinese exports. Yes China produces many cheap products but it also produces many high tech goods.

12. nrj

What about counterfeited goods??

13. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

No, not really.

There is a saying in Sanskrit, "Ati sarvatra varjayet".

It means that everything should be done in moderation.

Working all the time is just as unhealthy as not working at all. Living a balanced life will lead to a happy life, and happy citizens will lead to a happy country. This should be the goal of all countries, as it was the goal of ancient Indians, not economic domination.

14. tanlixiang28776

counterfeited products are not worth much and are not sold in any legitimate retailers. Mostly its purses and DVDs sold in shady illegal street corners. That is certainly not enough to account for China's 1.5 trillion exports a year.

Table 5: China's Top Exports 2009 ($ billion)
    *Calculated by USCBC
    Source: PRC General Administration of Customs, China's Customs Statistics
    HS Commodity description -----------------------Volume
    Electrical machinery and equipment------------ 301.1
    Power generation equipment -----------------236.0
    Apparel ----------------------------------*100.5
    Iron and steel -----------------------------*47.3 *
    Furniture -------------------------------------38.9
    Optics and medical equipment------------------ 38.9
    Inorganic and organic chemicals --------------*32.0 *
    Ships and boats ----------------------------------28.4
    Footwear ---------------------------------------28.0
    Vehicles, excluding railway--------------------------27.9

As you can see low tech products like toys and purses don't actually make much money for China. It's mostly industrial products that needs relatively advanced manufacturing facilities and techniques to produce.

15. nrj

I am not questioning China's existent/future ability to produce high-tech goods.

Fact of the matter is almost 1/10th of Chinese GDP is constructed with production/trade of counterfeited goods.

I am simply rejecting the Chinese model of GDP growth which author recommends. NO, I don't want to help (?) my country's GDP raise like China.

16. kickok1975

kickok1975 Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

To me I think the best way to raise a country's GDP is good system for long term sustainability and education.

17. tanlixiang28776

I saw the source of 158 million dollars worth of counterfeit products seized by U.S in 2007. U.S accounts for 1/4 of China's exports so lets raise that to 600 million dollars. Lets account for missing merchandise so 1.2 to 2 billion dollars. Even at this ridiculously inflated number counterfeit products account for only 1/1250 to 1/750 of China's exports nowhere near your 1/10 figure. I seriously doubt China can sell 150 billion dollars worth of counterfeit goods.If you have sources for this it would help

I don't understand how being hardworking and sacrificing for your country is somehow a bad model of growth. If you don't like its fine but 1.1 billion people can't all work in the services industry. At current IT in India accounts for 0.5% of India's working population. Most people still have to work in low end jobs to survive in any developing country. Looking down on China for following the development of all countries won't help India

18. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

Pay attention... $158 million is the value of counterfeit goods found by customs in the US. That doesn't include the billions that slip by them and the 20% of Chinese exports that are counterfeit. China's exports are worth $1 trillion, not 1.5t so counterfeits are worth $200 billion a year.

19. nrj

If you've gone through them it clearly indicates 8% of PRC's GDP coming from counterfeited products. One source highlighting 9% figure. Its a good read & it also summarizes how a practiced approach from China helps in growth -

http://www.peternavarro.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/chinapricereport.pdf

I am not against country's population working hard day, & night to eventually help its economy. For example, I appreciate thousands of Chinese workers functioning hard to achieve sustainable infrastructure for its country. Its a commendable job indeed. This hard work model is no doubt honorable.

But, a large mass with some unofficial support from Govt running imitation factory for world is not acceptable. It does not reflect any credit on them, moreover its an injustice over the original manufacturer. It undermines work/innovation of third party. Its not fair if I create an electronic item exactly same as you do & sell it with your companies name, just to take advantage of name you built with hard efforts.

Yeah they have to work on low-end jobs. But when these IT soldiers forge software, its not justified & that model of growth is worrisome.

20. amitkriit

IT is not going to drive India's growth story, we need industries which can employ our semi-skilled labor force. We need to train our man-power to make them more productive. India has been importing labor from China because our people are not skilled enough. India will grow with the growth in domestic demand, and that domestic demand can only be created by ensuring job for everyone and by ensuring that every laborer and worker is paid at least the minimum wage. Theories of Economics prescribe distribution of wealth, as it encourages spending since more money is rotated in the economy.

21. tanlixiang28776