How to get recruited in R&AW?

Discussion in 'Strategic Forces' started by Screambowl, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Screambowl

Screambowl Senior Member Senior Member

Well this is a most common question that most of the defence enthusiast post. So I am just creating this thread so that those who will in future post similar question can be merged here.

As they say, you don't approach them, rather they approach you and absorb you in the department.

But Officially, as a general placement , one has to be a government servant, be it both Class I(through Civil service) or Class II. They will see your background and place you in the wing. They also used to recruit graduates, directly from the Uni.

Other deputations are from military and police.

In a nutshell, to be honest, no one knows the criteria of recruitment perfectly. It is highly confidential and secretive.

Other members may post whatever in public domain is.

3. Kshatriya87

Kshatriya87 Senior Member Senior Member

As far as I know, most people are recruited from commando forces, defence forces and police forces. Some are even recruited from IAS officers we've got in the country. You don't just fit a criteria and apply for the job. Your commitment and loyalty and patriotism is observed and recorded first in these fields.

Then if they like you and can trust you, you are recruited.

I do not know if there are other ways.

4. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

The recruitment happens from Armed forces, Police and other agencies which come under Indian bureaucracy like foreign affairs etc...etc..., There are some exceptions though.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-join-Indias-intelligence-agency-RAW

sesha_maruthi27 and Screambowl like this.
  5. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

You get recruited by an agency when you are a nobody, and by that I mean a person who has a very low or no social profile. You are neither tall, nor short, not too strong or weak, don't ask a lot of questions, not politically active, does a regular job and is neither too intelligent or foolish. That's when you become an agent. You are a nobody and can be anybody.

topgear likes this.