How to get a website banned with the Government of India????

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by deepak75, Aug 30, 2010.

1. deepak75

deepak75 Regular Member

Only to know if someone could suggest how to get a website banned in India....can someone suggest the procedure etc.... Thanks in advance.

3. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Please explain in some details as where to ban the access of a particular website. What is the back-end orientation of website & other details.......

4. deepak75

deepak75 Regular Member

The idea is to get the website access banned in India. The website continues to increasingly project itself as a derogatory forum for India haters and subscribes to unethical forms of suppression of expression of thoughts of Indians. All this even when I see its is only popular due to the Indian presence there. Objective is only to instill a small thought with that website management that we can shut access to them.

I am just looking for the procedure i.e, where does the ball start rolling for such a project, I am sure that it can be arranged for the rest to take care of itself.....

5. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Not exactly possible to ban the website without Govt authority support. Once can limit its access in closed group or VPN but when the website registrar, servers are sitting overseas then banning it on individual level it is not possible. With authority support, any website can be shut down with a justified query.

6. deepak75

deepak75 Regular Member

Thanks. That is what I was trying to get at. What is the procedure with the Government of India for initiating such a project? Any particular cell in the Home Ministry / Telecom Ministry / HRD Ministry that can be pursued for such a request....

7. gogbot

gogbot Regular Member

As i understand Government of India's Department of Telecom , is responsible for banning websites.

8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Are you talking about our "friendly" neighborhood forum?????

9. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

^^^ in some forum really insulting word are used against India, and particularity against one religion, i was also thinking about it ,

10. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Best thing is to ignore..... never react to such things.