How to bring the quality of life in the Western World down?

badguy2000

Respected Member
obvioulsy, the current high life quality of west world is based on a hollow economy with quite limited productive activities and Excessive social welfare.

Such a high life quality can not be sustainalbe,because west people has lost the virture of working-hard,by which their ancestors made west world the most advanced society.

no pain, no gain.
west guys has to go bankrupt, or bring their life quality down.....

the bankrupt of Greece is just one corner of the iceberg.

Blackwater

western Europe is different from southern or eastern Europe. You can not compare whole Europe same.just like u can not compare India with begger pakistan:p:p:laugh:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How?

That is the million dollar question!

any idea?

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Perhaps he's hinting that China should right the wrongs. May be snap the debt equation with US economy? (not easy)
May be starve the west of future resources in the long run by going on buying spree in Africa, Australia and else where?
May be by overawing the western economies by huge Chinese trade surplus?
Soft rise of China ;)

amoy

Today got a call from somebody allegedly of an emigration service company, claiming one can be entitled to "permanent residence" by buying property at Euro 150k or so.

in

Slovakia :lol:

As the 1st step a tour to Slovakia is to be organized for property "hunting".

Joke aside, not all people regard "working hard" as a must. In many cultures enjoying the moment is a priority which, perhaps (many) Chinese haven't started to appreciate.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Joke aside, not all people regard "working hard" as a must. In many cultures enjoying the moment is a priority which, perhaps (many) Chinese haven't started to appreciate.
Depends on the lifestyle and cultural beliefs of the particular people. Accordingly they define "hard work" and "enjoying the moment" differently as well.
I believe that people with simpler lifestyles would do well in both the areas. My elders keep telling me - "your generation is like a candle lit on both sides" :scared2:
Just so I understand it properly, you think that people in West have been enjoying life and Chinese, Japanese etc are only working hard monotonously?

Regards,
Virendra

Tolaha

how to bring the life quality of west world down??
:why:
obvioulsy, the current high life quality of west world is based on a hollow economy with quite limited productive activities and Excessive social welfare.
The world, including China and India continue to rely majorly, on the innovation coming out from the western society.

Such a high life quality can not be sustainalbe,because west people has lost the virture of working-hard,by which their ancestors made west world the most advanced society.
Western society does have an edge on rest of the world. Do consider this factor. Most of the descendants of the Chinese and Indians who lived in the 15th century continue to live in China and India respectively. But in the case of Europeans, they are now spread through colonization into the continents of Americas and Australia. Thereby, the Western society experienced a phenomenal increase in resources and land. Asians had these reducing in Time.

Also, painting a whole society as lazy, is silly IMO!

no pain, no gain.

Let's just hope that everyone has a better quality of life. There is no need for anyone to experience pain in order for the rest of us to enjoy! :namaste:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Let's just hope that everyone has a better quality of life. There is no need for anyone to experience pain in order for the rest of us to enjoy! :namaste:
The problem is that the world's resources are finite. It would be impossible for all 2.5 billion Indians and Chinese to enjoy the same living standards as 300 million Americans, especially considering that the latter consume over a quarter of the world's resources despite representing only five percent of the world population. It is inevitable that any significant advances in living conditions in the two Asian giants would come at least partially at the West's expense.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I agree

Talk softly but carry a big stick.
Trust in Allah but tie your camel.

I think charity is only for poor and benevolence only for gentlemen.
The ethics you apply (on yourself) in a duel, will depend on who is your nemesis.
When you face jackals, you cannot fight like gentlemen. You have to turn into a jackal
Philosophic stand and practical strategy cannot always be viewed from the same prism.

Regards,
Virendra

s002wjh

Country flag

no pain, no gain.

so i'm guessing we just came up the f22, apple, intel, boeing out of thin air without any work. the problem with developing nation is that most their economy are driven by manufacture, while develop world such as japan, s.korea, US research, developed, design their own product, thus get the most profit. and + white collar job make more than blue collar jobs.

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
chinese people tell me the meaning of a-san...i have heard it is a nickname for us indians and in a quite naughty way :rolleyes:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Today got a call from somebody allegedly of an emigration service company, claiming one can be entitled to "permanent residence" by buying property at Euro 150k or so.

in

Slovakia :lol:

As the 1st step a tour to Slovakia is to be organized for property "hunting".

interesting ! let me have some details especially if you get similar offers for spain !

i might be able to help you $$$$$$

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Bringing down the life quality of west world? You only need to relax and watch cause it is happening right in front of our eyes.
White women have fertility rate of 1.4 whereas immigrant women give birth to 8 children on average, now do the math.

This is a street scene from the heart of Paris, how romantic!

average american

Not sure breeding like rats is positive survival trait in the 21st century....

Do you all do any research at all,,,americans work longer and produce more then either China or India,,, matter of fact the productivity of an american worker is really the highest on earth,,, near 75,000 while India and China productivity is less then 10,000......Overall Productivity ppp statistics - countries compared - Nation Master Luxenbourg has a high lever of all economic satistics because you get the numbers by divideing the numbers by the population and hardly any one lives in lives in Luxenbourg...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Western people just can't win. When they were working hard, they were accused of oppressing the black, brown, and yellow people.

pmaitra

@BadGuy2000,

How to bring the quality of written English in PRC up?

I am asking because, I edited your thread title from "how to bring the life quality of west world down??" to what it is now.

Anyway, I don't want the quality of life in the West to go down. I'd be happy if the quality of life improved in other countries.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Do you all do any research at all,,,americans work longer and produce more then ......,,..
when you say "americans " do you mean NOn Anglo -Saxon such as y ourself ....because that is rather obvious from your poor command of the language ! :rofl:

average american

when you say "americans " do you mean NOn Anglo -Saxon such as y ourself ....because that is rather obvious from your poor command of the language ! :rofl:
O Hell been married to women with PHDs in English, now I got you.......:frusty:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
@BadGuy2000,

How to bring the quality of written English in PRC up?

I am asking because, I edited your thread title from "how to bring the life quality of west world down??" to what it is now.

Anyway, I don't want the quality of life in the West to go down. I'd be happy if the quality of life improved in other countries.
Nobody wants the quality of life in the West to deteriorate, at least not when we're livin' here ;). But the fact is, the reality is that there are 7 billions humans and everyone wants to live like an American. And somebody has got to pay the price for the improvement in life of billions of people.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
If one earnestly wants to bring down the quality of their life, then a sure-shot option would be to invade them, enslave them and finally kill them. An easier option would be to work harder than them.
Look at Japan. America is definitely not the greatest country in the world, if you consider how hard the Japanese work.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles